Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
You mean he hasn't been the bad guy since season two?
No. He's an anti-hero for sure, but he's still the show's protagonist.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
If that's true, then this will be me:

I love rooting for the bad guy. I hope Walt wastes Hank and puts his wife on ice after she tries to rat on him to the police. I dare them to try to make Walt as bad as they want to make him because no matter what, I'm sticking with him til the end. I don't mind if they make him worse, just as long as they don't make him do stupid things like they did in the first half of season 4.
I've always been rooting for Hank to finally find out about Walt. Still am.

Also, if the show were to ever come down between Walt and Jesse, I'd be rooting for Jesse.

I know Walt is the main character of the show, our protagonist, but if I were to list how I like the characters in order, he'd only come in at #3 or 4. And in terms of sympathy, he's one of the lowest. Even though he's done a lot of bad things as well, I still find Jesse to be a more sympathetic character than Walt. Likewise, while Skylar continues to get sucked into Walt's world, I still find her to be a much more sympathetic character than Walt.

Of course sympathy is not the same as like. And I would say Walt is my third favorite character of the show. Sometimes second, but usually third.

Last edited by ilovemovies; 06-20-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
These pics contain HUGE spoilers, so beware....

Spoiler:

Time for some speculation!

Spoiler:
My theory: The very first pic released for the season premiere (if my memory serves me) was Walt and Jesse standing in the the ABQ desert staring at something or someone. My guess is that Mike is that someone and that this new pic (showing Mike lifting his pistol, while favoring his injured shoulder) is Mike's initial reaction to Gus's demise. Pragmatism wins out and Mike is brought in to the fold, hence the pics of the trio at the junk yard together.

What I'd like to chew on with you fellow schmoes is the resurfacing of the junkyard and the super-savy lawyeresque junkyard proprietor: Are they disposing of the cadillac featured behind Mike in one of the pics, which I'm assuming is the gettaway car from last season's episode "Salud"? Thoughts?

[spoiler]
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I've always been rooting for Hank to finally find out about Walt. Still am.

Also, if the show were to ever come down between Walt and Jesse, I'd be rooting for Jesse.

I know Walt is the main character of the show, our protagonist, but if I were to list how I like the characters in order, he'd only come in at #3 or 4. And in terms of sympathy, he's one of the lowest. Even though he's done a lot of bad things as well, I still find Jesse to be a more sympathetic character than Walt. Likewise, while Skylar continues to get sucked into Walt's world, I still find her to be a much more sympathetic character than Walt.

Of course sympathy is not the same as like. And I would say Walt is my third favorite character of the show. Sometimes second, but usually third.
Walt is a fascinating character and Cranston (along with the suberb writing) creates so much nuance, that I can't help but be glued to the screen every moment, BUT at this point my allegiance and sympathy lies with Jesse and Hank.

I have to admit though, at the heart of it, Breaking Bad is the tale of turning Mr. Chips to Scarface, so I fear that Hank or Jesse, maybe even both, will be a casualty of that progression before all is said and done. My guess is that Hank solves the mystery of the great Heisenberg's identity (cliffhanger at the conclusion of this 8 episode summer run), leaving Walt no choice (in his mind) but to kill Hank, and in the end Jesse puts down Walt.

Last edited by Delmont ; 06-20-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
No. He's an anti-hero for sure, but he's still the show's protagonist.
I didn't realize the categories "protagonist" and "bad guy" were mutually exclusive.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 PM
I love the fact that Mike has a big shit-eating grin on his face.....Well, in a Mike-sort of way
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Well, atleast we figured out what Walt and Jesse were staring at in the desert...
Spoiler:

Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
I didn't realize the categories "protagonist" and "bad guy" were mutually exclusive.
Alright, I see what you mean. And although Walt has certainly crossed some major moral boundaries, I'm not sure I would call him a full on bad guy just yet. But he's starting to get there. Poisoning that kid to manipulate Jesse into helping him was his lowest move yet. And by the sound of things, it definitely sounds like they will continue to go down in making him more and more bad.

BTW, I was recently watching some of 24 season 2, and I totally forgot that Dean Norris was in that show. Then he came on and I was like, "hey, it's Hank!" Mind you, it wasn't a big role, but it was definitely still cool to see actors who I like on one show and see that they were on another favorite of mine!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Season 5 trailer with new footage:

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...nse-43995.html

Spoiler:
I love Mike's mini-monologue that puts the trailer in motion - I get the feeling that he may only be sticking around to keep Jesse from going down with Walt...
Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Hmmm--was that "fake script" floating around the net more accurate than people thought?

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...-for-season-5/

Breaking Bad Gets New Trailer,
New Cast Member For Season 5
Thursday, June 28th, 2012 at 2:45pm
by Kevin Melrose Television

Even as AMC unveils a tension-filled new promo spot for Breaking Bad — tick-tick-tick-tick — EW.com reports that Scottish actress Laura Fraser has joined the cast, playing an “important role” in the fifth and final season of the acclaimed drama.

She’ll debut in the second episode as Lydia, whom executive director Vince Gilligan describes as a “former associate of Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) who’s integral to the proceedings of Season 5.”

Fraser got her big break playing Door in Neil Gaiman’s 1996 BBC fantasy series Neverwhere and went on to appear in such films as A Knight’s Tale and Vanilla Sky. She’ll be joined on Breaking Bad by fellow new addition Jesse Plemons (Friday Night Lights, Battleship), who was cast in May as Todd, a seemingly innocuous working-class guy who may be more than he appears.

As we noted last week, the season premiere of Breaking Bad will receive an advanced screening Saturday, July 14 at Comic-Con International — a day before it airs on AMC — during a special presentation attended by Gilligan, stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul and the supporting cast (Anna Gunn, Jonathan Banks, Dean Norris, Bob Odenkirk and Betsy Brandt, and possibly others).

Watch the new promo spot below. Breaking Bad kicks off its final season Sunday, July 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayestrain View Post
Hmmm--was that "fake script" floating around the net more accurate than people thought?
I think we can all breath easy there - the character in the fake script appears in the teaser of 1st episode of season 5. That was nothing but a novice fan fic script.

Spoiler:
Given the character description (former associate of Gus) and the 2nd episode title (Madrigal), my guess is that she's a member of the german conglomerate that helped fund and provide expensive lab equipment to Gus's operation.

Last edited by Delmont ; 06-28-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 03:53 PM
First extended clip (90 seconds) from season 5:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/bre...e-free-or.html
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmont View Post
First extended clip (90 seconds) from season 5:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/bre...e-free-or.html
Niiiiiiice

Also, more episode titles have been revealed:
Spoiler:
5x01 - "Live Free or Die"
5x02 - "Madrigal"
5x03 - "Hazard Pay"
5x04 - "Fifty-One"
5x05 - "Dead Freight"
5x06 - "Buyout"
5x07 - "Everybody Wins"

5x08 - ????

EDIT: On reddit, someone had a brilliant idea based on the title of 5x04...
Spoiler:
It's Walt's birthday!
UPDATE: Spoilers from Ausiello...
Spoiler:
Question: I must know if Mike is going to be in the final season of Breaking Bad. My heart will shatter into a million pieces if he isn’t. —Ava
Ausiello: Not only is he in it, but he plays a major role in the first two episodes – both of which I’ve seen; they had me (not surprisingly) completely riveted. A few other non-spoilery spoilers about Episodes 1 and 2: Giancarlo Esposito’s Gus may be gone, but his spirit looms large; Walt will literally become a magnet for trouble; and someone we thought was dead isn’t!

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 07-03-2012 at 08:12 PM..
Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
A Look Ahead at Season 5.

I'm intrigued...
Old 07-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Fucking best new promo yet!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Old 07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
When this premieres, I'm going to round up the troops to watch it and buy a bottle of this:

Last edited by Cop No. 633; 07-14-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Damn, I can't believe that by the end of this week, we'll finally be watching the new season of Breaking Bad. Can't fucking wait!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Anyone been seeing those new CIROC commercials?

Aaron Paul is partying it up with Diddy & company.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nXyrfl3FZg
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Take every blockbuster movie coming out this year and combine them, and my anticipation for them is like half of my anticipation for this fucking show to come back on. Come on Sunday!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Allllright, time to talk about the giant, 100lbs. meth-elephant in the room....

From the most recent promo:
Spoiler:

Flashforward?!?!

Discuss....
Old 07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:

Spoiler:

Flashforward?!?!

Could very well be.. I was wondering about that shot too..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:

Spoiler:

Flashforward?!?!

Discuss....
Not sure why I'm using spoilers, but anyway...

Spoiler:
Walt will probably have to go on the run. It wouldn't surprise me. He's made enough enemies in this past year of his life. And the DEA could very well link him to the bombing at Casa Tranquila. And Jesse might somehow find out about Brock and/or Jane.

Yeah, this season's not gonna give me heart palpitations or anything...
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:

Spoiler:

Flashforward?!?!

Discuss....
I'd guess that this scene is going to take place during the cold open for the premiere. Either way, as long as there isn't any mystical church involved, I'm interested. Also, Alan Sepinwall has a spoiler-free review of the first (couple?) episodes up:

http://m.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan...ite-in-triumph

There's also an interview with Aaron Paul on the site, and a podcast that I haven't listened to yet.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Quote:
and someone we thought was dead isnít![/spoiler]
Spoiler:
My guess is Ted Beneke.

Who do you think it is.

Love the S'All Good Man poster, here's another piece of great BB fan art:

Spoilers, though I imagine if you're here, you're caught up.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Trailer http://youtu.be/N4Ok68Y4cSQ
Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
Take every blockbuster movie coming out this year and combine them, and my anticipation for them is like half of my anticipation for this fucking show to come back on. Come on Sunday!!
I'm right there with you. I already have tickets to see the Dark Knight Rises in IMAX and I'm still not half as excited as I am about this Sunday. That's just how good Breaking Bad is compared to every film that's come out in the last couple of years.

Quote:

Spoiler:

Flashforward?!?!

Discuss....
Or... possibly about a flashback? They've done those a couple of times in the show. Or maybe that's from the next half of season 5. Maybe the break will be a break... to show how much Walt's "empire" has grown. Maybe he's realized that the Heisenberg persona/look has become too well known, so he grows his beard and hair out to throw off any suspicion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post

Nice to see you join the party, Quentin! Welcome to the cocktail lounge part of the forums where there's never any fights, and we're all here to have a good time.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:03 PM
BrBa avatar for the (first half of the) season is set (thanks Smiert!). Bring on tomorrow!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM

Check out Dean Norris (Hank) at Comic Con. I'd love to have a beer with this guy haha.

Seriously can't wait for the new season to start.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Spoiler:
My guess is Ted Beneke.

Who do you think it is.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure Ted is dead. I rationalize this by the usage of the oranges on the table his head hits. Ever since Godfather, y'know have oranges have been used to symbolize death.

My guess is Donald Margolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Love the S'All Good Man poster, here's another piece of great BB fan art:

Spoilers, though I imagine if you're here, you're caught up.

Spoiler:
Honestly, I think he doesn't even have THAT much left :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
BrBa avatar for the (first half of the) season is set (thanks Smiert!). Bring on tomorrow!
Good call, totally slipped my mind.

Fixed

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 07-15-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 01:03 PM

TODAY'S THE DAY.

I've been mostly staying away from this thread and promos. Wanted to go in as fresh as possible though from the little bits I've seen, it seems like they've kept the season fairly under wraps .
Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
These season start dates always feel like holidays to me - so excited!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM
New promo poster:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gordon; 07-15-2012 at 04:19 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I see your Malcolm poster and raise you:

Old 07-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post

TODAY'S THE DAY.

I've been mostly staying away from this thread and promos. Wanted to go in as fresh as possible though from the little bits I've seen, it seems like they've kept the season fairly under wraps .
I've been away from the forums a lot lately but I was hoping to find an S5 thread and I was not disappointed. I'm rewatching my favorite episodes of S4 before the premier of S5.

The "Crawl Space" episode is nothing short of amazing.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Spoiler:

Flashforward?!?!

Discuss....
Old 07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Talk about all ready ratcheting up the fucking tension! Dug the shit out of the premiere. IT'S BACK!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 PM
This fucking show, it never misses a beat! It's like jumping back in a comfortable pair of shoes.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mr.HyDe807; 07-16-2012 at 04:51 PM..