Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Reports are saying Whitney Houston Died Today

Just read this over on TMZ... no real details... no news on CNN or anything... will post more once I read about it.

48 years old... chances are a drug overdose, given her past

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-dead/

I'm searching the internet... nothing on CNN or ENtertainment Weekly... actually, when i look at EW.com, there is a story about Houston being approached to be a new judge on X Factor. But as you can read on the TMZ link, it was a rep for Houston told the AP. I'm sure in the coming hours (or minutes) more details will emerge

Last edited by SkyNet; 02-11-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Confirmed: http://news.yahoo.com/whitney-housto...005927033.html
Old 02-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Yup... it is all confirmed.

Pretty insane... I will say I was never a huge fan of hers, I had no problem with her music, it just wasn't my taste (Although, I Will Always Love You isn't a bad song).

But given her history, and the fact that her death is so young, I would be VERY surprised to hear that cocaine didn't play some sort of factor in her death.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Cocaine is a helluva drug
Old 02-11-2012, 08:43 PM
damn.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
On a more serious note though. I was more shocked to learn she was only 48. She looked like she was kicking on 65 the last couple of times I saw pics of her. Bobby Brown should be held accountable.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Very sad news. Such a great voice. She will be missed
Old 02-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Most news sites appear to be posting the original AP story. Sad news, if true, but I'm waiting to see another source before saying it's 100% true. (Didn't something similar happen a few years ago -- a famous celeb was reported to have died over the weekend but the truth that they were still alive wasn't known until Monday?)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
TMZ says there were possible signs of foul play.... Pretty crazy.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Possibly.. but over the past 30 minutes, pretty much every major site and entertainment site has confirmed she died.

TMZ has pictures of an ambulance outside the Beverly Hills hotel where they say she died.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 PM
God Bless her family and rest her soul. She touched many with her talent and anyone who came of age in the 90's or even 80's will mourn her passing.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 PM
My reaction was "WHAT!??" Such an amazing talent. I haven't been hit this hard by a celeb death since Heath Ledger.

Posted on Mariah Carey's FB page

"Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."

Both of these two just blew my mind with their voices...real talents with amazing voices. I was just curious about what she had to say since they used to be compared.

Mariah & Whitney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAM2-hg7xJs

Last edited by snoopmish; 02-11-2012 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Not a fan but this is still sad of course.

RIP
Old 02-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Whoa, WTF?

Also, kinda hard to believe she was only 48. I figured she was older.

(Crack is whack.)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Damn RIP.

At least we still have this chubby little asian kid that sounds sorta like her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQLhz...layer_embedded
Old 02-12-2012, 01:58 AM
How the fuck does Bobby Brown outlive Whitney?!!!

Son of a Bitch!

Now I'm gonna go listen to "I'm Every Woman". Her voice KILLED on that song.

RIP Whitney
Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Unexpected this is. And unfortunate... R.I.P

Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You"

Amazing voice! I liked The Bodyguard.

Last edited by God of War; 02-12-2012 at 04:29 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 AM
Right now they are thinking she drowned in the Bath Tub of her hotel room. They have found various Pill bottles around (No mention of whether they were her own prescriptions, but because there is no mention, I assume that means they were all prescribed to her). There are also reports that she partied hearty last night (As seems to be the case with all famous people the day before they die) and were being super loud and rude in the Hotel Bar.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I remember I was in high school when All At Once and Saving All My Love For You came out.

What a beautiful voice she had.

Way too young. So sad. RIP
Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Bobby Brown should be held accountable.
That's your prerogative.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
There are also reports that she partied hearty last night ... and were being super loud and rude in the Hotel Bar.
Yeech!!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I always felt bad for Bobby because people think he ruined her life, but not many people know Whitney was always a wild child. Even when she was young. Whitney was hood and she picked a hood guy too. That's all. No one turned her out.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Well l was switching channels on the old tv when sudderly there was a news break
I was startled to hear Whitney was dead
There are reports that she drowned in her bath and that she fell asleep
I have to say that l loved her music and l loved the song I will always love you
I remember her starring in Bodyguard and her performance in this movie was excellent

I do have to say that as soon as she married Bobby Brown her life went down hill and she got into alcohol and drugsand l have to say it really wrecked her life
Only around two years ago she was in Australia performing and she was terrible at her singing and she was booed off stage

The drugs and alcohol wreaked that powerful voice of hers
it goes to show that one should not get hooked on drugs and alcohol and the damage it can do can be massive
But celebs will never learn and normal people wont eiether

Anyway Rest In peace Whitney
Oh also there are reports that Whitneys daughter has been rushed to hospitol
I feel so sorry for her and the terrible time she is going through
Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
I was shocked when i heard this last night. Just saw an interview with her like two weeks ago and remember thinking to myself how great she was looking.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Very sad news to hear.
One of the greatest voices of all time.
RIP
Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 AM
I knew Whitney had her problems with drugs,but it was still shocking to hear of her passing.
I still recall watching her on an episode of Silver Spoons 27 years ago. Franklyn Seales as Dexter Stuffins fell in love with her and i fell in love with her a bit myself that night.She was beautiful and extremely talented.One of the last moments of happiness my mother had before her passing was seeing Whitney on Oprah and on the right track in life again.
R.I.P lovely lady
Old 02-13-2012, 09:04 AM
How I received the news: Coming back from McDonald's with a couple friends, a guy driving next to us signals for us to roll our windows down. My friend in the passenger seat obliges and the man shouts, "Whitney Houston dead!" and speeds off. Wft?!? We laughed all the way back hahaha

As far as my reaction to the news outside of this? *shrug*

Aside from her being a millionaire crackhead, I was never a fan. She always reminded of the one aunt in my family that I always hated. Sure, this isn't a good reason to hate a stranger, but the first part I mentioned totally is. If it really did turn out her death was related to drugs, I'll continue to refer to her as a "junkie bitch."

Last edited by Smiert Spionam; 02-13-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I was never a big fan of hers, whether it was singing or acting. I enjoyed The Bodyguard and The Preacher's Wife; I thought she did a decent job in those movies. I definitely didn't see her death coming; that was definitely a surprise.

RIP
Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
She beats Booby Brown to death.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I cant wait to hear about the cause of death. It is a shame she let her life get wasted. She was awesome for a long time.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
How I received the news: Coming back from McDonald's with a couple friends, a guy driving next to us signals for us to roll our windows down. My friend in the passenger seat obliges and the man shouts, "Whitney Houston dead!" and speeds off. Wft?!? We laughed all the way back hahaha
Ha, that is pretty interesting! It's not like it was a 9/11 style event... it was just another celebrity dead from what appears to be a mixture of drugs and alcohol!

Not that it wasn't shocking, as all accidental deaths are. But it wasn't even a death that I texted my buddies about or my buddies texted me about, the way we did when Ledger died or some of the other big names. But i will admit, I was more of a fan of Ledger than Houston.. and with Houston, you get a death that was fairly more expected due to her recent history with drug addiction.

But you know, unexpected nonetheless.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I cant wait to hear about the cause of death.
Yes...it's terribly exciting isn't it?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 PM
It's sad that she died young. But...

I find it hard to have respect for someone who literally has the world at their feet, and massive talent, and blows it all away on drugs and other vices. Other examples would include skanky Amy Winehouse and fatass Diego Maradona (who is still alive, but has become a parody of himself). Sorry if I don't feel bad for these people that can't put their life in order and instead flush it down the toilet.

Not that I'm a Whitney fan anyway. She definitely could sing, but I didn't listen to that music at all.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I cant wait to hear about the cause of death. It is a shame she let her life get wasted. She was awesome for a long time.
Well at the moment they say she did not drown in her bath
But they say it might be a drug overdose but we will know in a couple of weeks what really happened to her
Old 02-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
Well it is not exciting to see someone go down this path

it is sad to see what really happened to her
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychocandy View Post
Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well it is not exciting to see someone go down this path

it is sad to see what really happened to her
He was attempting to poke fun at what I said. Sarcasm.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
wait? So Houston died after snorting Cocaine and having her heart fail on her?? (Thus leading to her Drowning)... who woulda thought!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:19 PM
So she accidentally drowned after deliberately taking cocaine.

Is anybody really surprised by this outcome?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Cue all of her family, friends, etc acting surprised. Or pointing fingers at the others. (That's not to say that people aren't responsible for the consequences of their own actions, but that, like Michael Jackson, I don't think Whitney had a very good support systems which were looking out for her best interest.)
Old 03-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Really, if all she did was pass out and drown, a family couldnt hope for a better death of a loved one.