Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Video Games
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Gamer Dies While Playing League Of Legends In Cafe; No One Notices For 9 Hours

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...s-for-9-hours/

Quote:
According to Chinese media, a 23-year-old gamer named Chen Rong-yu died a terrible, lonely death last week. He had been playing Riot Games' League of Legends in a Taipei gaming center and dropped dead, most likely of a heart condition. None of the thirty or so other gamers in the cafe noticed the corpse in their midst for nine hours.

Reportedly, Rong-yu was sitting upright in his chair with his hands still on the keyboard. While his death was most likely caused by an underlying condition, according to the Chinese media, extenuating circumstances may have included the cold temperatures in the building and a lack of movement from Rong-yu -- staying perfectly still for long periods of time can cause blood clots.

This is a PSA for all gamers: Get up and stretch your legs every once in a while; go grab a Hot Pocket or something. Also: maybe check in on your fellow human beings every so often. Don't make a huge effort or anything, but make sure they're not, you know, dead or anything.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Amazing how no cunt realized the fucking guy was dead for NINE fucking hours! That's absurd! Un-fucking-believable!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
It probably wasn't as obvious as people may think. At least I would assume. Then again in China they have a lot of issues similar to this. Remember the video of the girl who got hit by a bus and nobody stopped to help her? I also remember an anecdote about how an old Chinese man who fell down in the middle of the street. Nobody was willing to help him until he proclaimed that the fall was his own fault and not anyone elses.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
They didn't see the word 'CONTINUE' above him with a 10 second countdown clock.

Last edited by creekin111; 02-12-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 02-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm with creekin, I can't believe ONE person in those nine hours didn't get super pissed that this dude's character wasn't doing dick on the screen and didn't yell at him.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 PM
He died doing what he loved.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Phenomenal statements sirs!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
it's like what vincent made a point in collateral. in where a guy died in train and no one even notice him for day or two
Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
At least he wasn't married to a pillow
Old 02-12-2012, 05:13 PM
China is a goddamned fucked up country. (Not like mine isn't) but yeah...

Though I wonder, if the setting were in america, or the UK or somewhere in Oceania for example.... Would the gaming geeks know any better? Would it have taken 9 gaddamned hours in any of the other countries? Or maybe even LONGER than that? Fuck, I'd hate to imagine....
Old 02-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Um... Wouldn't you start stinking after 9 hours? I'm pretty sure the death smell already kicks in within that time.

This does remind of a story told in the movie Collateral (that was said to be true, and I have no doubt that it is) where a guy dies on a subway and no one notices (even those sitting next to him) for several hours.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
He probably got so angry at the noobs that ruin the game that he had a heart attack.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:13 PM
[Hudson] Game over, man! [/Hudson]