Old 05-01-2011, 04:50 PM
TWISTED METAL

Call it...Twisted Metal.
Any TM fans out there in Schmoeville? Gotta be some. The longest running franchise in PlayStation history returns to the PS3 this fall:

http://www.twistedmetal.com/

Aboslutely loved the first 2 on PS1 and really thought "TM: Black" was underrated on the PS2. With the success and popularity of "Mortal Kombat" rebooted, I have high hopes this excellent car combat game can be upgraded to next-gen awesomeness as well.

Release scheduled for 10-4-11.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Can't believe we didn't have a thread on this yet! I think the game looks fantastic.

Agreed on everything you said but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]... really thought "TM: Black" was underrated on the PS2.
Was Black really all that underrated? Anybody that I talk to about the game loved it to death and Gamespot gave it one of it's highest reviews for any game of that generation: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/t...lt%3Btitle%3B0

Perhaps it just wasn't as popular among the mainstream? Anyway, this looks like it will give us the TM treatment we need. The last “masks” trailer I watched was quite creepy and assured me that this will have that joyously grotesque and demented tone that I loved in Black.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 PM
I played the first two until my fingers rubbed the joysticks down to nubs. I only played Black a few times but remember it being cool.

Can't wait for this.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
I played the first two until my fingers rubbed the joysticks down to nubs. I only played Black a few times but remember it being cool.

Can't wait for this.
This.

TM 2 was one i my favourite games ever. I haven't played it in about 10 years, i wander if it stands the test of time.

TM Black was also awesome, taking the twisted metal franchise to a more 3D world.

Don't have a PS3 though, sucks to me me.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCaptain4 View Post
Agreed on everything you said but...

Was Black really all that underrated?
I'm aware of all of the positive reviews the game had, it just seemed like it didn't catch fire like it should have. I know it sold decent numbers but I was expecting a lot more reaction than it actually got.
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post

Can't wait for this.
That's awesome. I think online play with this game will be INSANE!
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post

Don't have a PS3 though, sucks to me me.
Hopefully, you could at least play at a friends place.

------

Glad to hear you all love the series so much. As the game approaches, I can't wait to get more info and pics and videos on this game. Stay tuned.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:21 PM
The demo is out, and it is awesome. Extremely hard though! Maybe I'm terrible but I haven't killed 1 person yet.

Has anyone else checked it out?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm waiting for the game to come out in 11 days I can't wait!

I have it pre-paid and everything. I just gotta walk up and get it.

I even made this video, a commercial for the first PS1 game myself, check it out

http://vimeo.com/35408589
Old 02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm thinking of picking up the demo perhaps. I recall enjoying these games enough when they were back on the original PS and if this update is any where on par with how Mortal Kombat is now this will be a crazy fun game.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:00 PM

The demo is awesome and it's kickin' my ass. It's also convinced me to throw down some money this weekend on a game reserve. Feb. 14 can't get here quick enough. Nothing say Valentine's Day like some vehicular carnage.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
If you liked the old games, you will love the new one. It is nearly identical.

This game is so hard though!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM
They took down the demo. Apparantly, it crashed a lot of systems. Sucks. I didn't have any issues with it, and hopefully it won't mess up Tuesday's release date.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Today is the day!!

Been a long time waiting, but it's finally here.

Warning: For those of you with the 60GB launch PS3, the demo and full game have been causing the systems to freeze up.

Going to pick it up at GameStop after I take the Mrs. out to dinner tonight. I'm also excited about getting the free download for Twisted Metal: Black, one of my all time favorite PS2 games.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Can't wait, I think my Mrs. got me a copy for V-Day, at least I hope she did!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
Can't wait, I think my Mrs. got me a copy for V-Day, at least I hope she did!
Good deal. My wife is getting me this game for V-Day as well. She gets flowers and dinner so everyone's happy.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Downloading TWISTED METAL: BLACK right now. I won't have time to test drive the game tonight but I plan on a couple hours tomorrow night.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:11 PM
I just finished playing some of the 1-player mode (which is really most of the reason why I go it). It's everything I remember Twisted Metal to be and more! It makes me so damn happy that I have this game...all of that waiting was so worth it.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
I just finished playing some of the 1-player mode (which is really most of the reason why I go it). It's everything I remember Twisted Metal to be and more! It makes me so damn happy that I have this game...all of that waiting was so worth it.
This.

Holy Fuck Balls, I love this game!! Once I got used to the controls again, it's like ridin' a bike.
Outlaw's my early favorite. Diggin' it's special weapon.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Im hoping to head over to a friend's tonight and check this out. Im pretty excited. The 2nd and 3rd were 2 of my favorite games around ages 11-13.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Lovin the game other than the fact that I am yet able to connect to an online game (they are going to address this though). The Single Player is greatness.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm playing very slowly, I saw the second video of Sweet Tooth: DAMN! This game is awesome!

Also, lookie what came in the mail for me!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...80616538_n.jpg
Old 02-20-2012, 04:05 PM
That's a SWEET r/c vehicle ya got there, Exophrine.

I'm about halfway through the Mr. Grimm portion of the storyline.

Here are my pros and cons thus far:

What's cool?
Vehicle selection. THIS is what 'Twisted Metal' is all about. The king of car combat once again proves why its head of the pack with its wide variety of weaponry.

Controls. Although a little difficult at first to get a handle, once you do, it feels natural with the driving and the weapons.

Soundtrack. Wow. I'm really impressed with the music selections they chose and most of it is very fitting to the game. From Rob Zombie's 'Dragula' to Sammy Hagar's 'Heavy Metal' and 'I Can't Drive 55', it adds a nice new element to the game.

What's not fun?

Splitting up the longstanding tradition of the vehicle and their specific dirver.
WHY?! So they can focus on team-based deathmatches online?! Speaking of which...

Online. This really doesn't bother me as much as most others simply because I usually don't play online. But it's nice to have a CHOICE. If you're going to release a game that was created in large part to online play, you should make sure everything works before releasing it. And I thought WWE 12 had some horrific servers.

The electric cage. Why the fuck? No, WHO THE FUCK thought of this?! It take me completely out of the game. I'm more concerned with destroying my opponents than I am trying to race to the next cage. Speaking of racing...

Why is there RACES in this game? That's an aera that I think doesn't belong anywhere near this franchise. Again, it takes away from the most important and best loved aspect about the game...blowing shit up.

I really wanted to LOVE this game. It's easily not the best in the series but thankfully it's not the worst either.

8 out of 10
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Single player is just OK.

I purchased this for online, so that's how I'm going to review it...

As of right now, the online needs to be patched, A.S.A.P. Online is unacceptable. There is no organization to it, sorting rarely works in some of the categories. If you are lucky enough to get into a gameroom, you are most likely going to wait 5-15 minutes before the host actually knows he's the host, and starts the game. It's terrible. This is the biggest problem.

Why this game wasn't set on dedicated servers with random or voted maps, and auto start on games is beyond me, and very amatuer. The design of the game lobbies and waiting area is really bad as well. Things are hard to see, it's hard to tell if you are hosting a game or not, and after gaining a "Tier Point" to purchase a new upgrade or vehicle, you have to exit out of the gameroom out of the lobby, essentially leaving the game you just spent 10 minutes getting into, to use the point. Very stupid. Which brings me to my next point: upgrades? What is the point? Some settings in all game modes allow you to use all cars in the game with all the upgrades, some only allow you to use the cars you have unlocked, which makes absolutely no sense!! Why would you spend countless hours leveling up and purchasing items from each tier when you can just play in games that have everything unlocked for you? What is the point? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of wanting to play more to get that next upgrade or vehicle?

If you are capable of actually playing online, the games are very fun and fast paced. Expect to die a lot. Once you become skilled with your favorite vehicle, the kills will come easier than they normally do. I wish there was more of a defensive system, the shield is pretty much useless and only a few weapons reverse fire, but overall the combat is still fun.

The variety of cars really isn't that great, most of the cars are the same, most of the specials too, which is a let down. The high level cars are so slow that they aren't even fun to use, regardless of the damage they can inflict. I hope some DLC comes out to purchase more vehicles.

Rating based on Online Experience SO FAR. 7/10, I really wanted to give this a 6/10, but that makes it sound terrible, and Twisted Metal is not a terrible game, when you can actually play it!

Last edited by Evil Ed; 02-21-2012 at 10:22 AM..