Old 02-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Kevin Costner: One Classy S.O.B.

Whitney Houston’s ‘The Bodyguard’ Co-Star Kevin Costner Shares Candid Moments At Funeral

Cissy Houston's desire to have a traditional home-going celebration for her daughter, pop icon Whitney Houston, who died last week, was fulfilled during the nearly four hour service held Saturday at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. New Hope is Houston's childhood church where she first sang as a child.

Actor Kevin Costner, who co-starred with Houston in their 1992 blockbuster film, "The Bodyguard," offered many touching private moments with Houston, with whom he shared a special bond.

Costner said he and Houston traded stories of growing up in Baptist churches and he remembers the singer being nervous about taking on her first major movie role. He said she froze up during her first screen test and had to return to her trailer.

When he consoled her, he was surprised to see her confronted by her insecurities. "Whitney was scared," Costner said. "Arguably the biggest pop star in the world didn't believe she was good enough. Didn't think she looked right. I held her hand and told her she looked beautiful and that everybody wanted her to succeed."

After encouraging her for 30 minutes, Houston went back for a second chance and amazed the casting agents and producers, securing the role.

Costner said some of the executives were initially hesitant about considering Houston in the film. "I was reminded that this would be her first acting role," he said. "Maybe we should think about another singer. Maybe someone white. Nobody ever said it out loud. But there would be a lot riding on it. Maybe a more experienced actress. It was clear I really had to think about this."

Costner said he was ultimately so confident that Houston was the right fit that he asked that the production be delayed a year to wait for Houston to finish a tour.

Houston's feature in the film made the movie, Costner said. "It's a lot of leading men, a lot of guys could have filled that role," he said. "But you, Whitney, I believe were the only one who could have played Rachel Marron at that time."

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-th...232708560.html

SHIVER ME TIMBERS...

SUCKS THE WAY SHE CHECKED OUT, BUT STILL, R.I.P.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:58 PM
For some reason unbeknownst to me at the moment. I remembered this line from DWW.

Kicking Bird: "I was just thinking that of all the trails in this life, there are some that matter most.
It is the trail of a true human being. I think you are on this trail, and it is good to see."

I concur with Kicking Bird. Kevin Costner rocks! Nice post, EBastard.

R.I.P Whitney Houston.

Last edited by God of War; 02-19-2012 at 12:26 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all; I've always heard/read that Costner is a classy guy, who looks out for friends, family, and others.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
That's nice. I get the feeling Kevin Costner got a bad rep after Waterworld. He has always seemed like a good guy to me
Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Well l seen the clip of kevin speaking at the funeral

He was such a lovely freind to whitney
I never thought she felt so low of herself and how Kevin pointed out afew details she was such a insecure woman

it is sad when we think we are not good at doing things in life and sometimes it can reflect how we live life
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Where is that oil containment system that was supposed to be implemented in the Gulf ?

Oh right, i was on about class and how it saved a wayward soul
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Nice fella.