Old 02-25-2012, 10:22 AM
The Black Keys

Over the years I have heard a handful or two of their songs in movies, commercials, etc. and would put them on my iPod and occasionally listen to them. I was too lazy to go through their discography (I know, it's not even that big) and see what else they had to offer. About a month ago, I went through their discography and quickly realized that this is the band I've been looking for. I am kind of one of those snobs stuck in the 60s, 70s and (to an extent) the 80s, but have been trying to branch out and find some modern bands than can erase this cynicism that I have about a lot of modern music. I've found a few (Foo Fighters, Panda Bear, Wilco, Edward Sharpe), but have never found anyone as consistent and great as The Black Keys.

What are your thoughts on the band and do you have any recommendations for any bands that are similiar and/or that reach this level of consistency?
Old 02-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Every single song I hear from them is a winner. I like them, and if they ever came by my town, I'd probably go see them, even though I haven't heard half their stuff.

My favorite song of all time by them is "I'll Be Your Man" ...it's the theme song for the HBO show HUNG (at least when I last saw it).
Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Black Keys are great.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is a consistently great modern band I feel that seems to fall in to the kind of genre you are looking for.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I find so much love for these guys floating around - but I just don't get it. It all sounds so similar to me and it all sounded ESPECIALLY similar when I saw them live. I also ran into Patrick Carney one night after they played a New Year's Eve show in Chicago on the street corner and he was a real asshole. But that's neither here nor there... I just can't bring myself to be into these guys - and I've tried.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I wanted to hate these guys. I first saw them on The Colbert Report and thought they looked like typical hipster douche bags (Colbert even referred to them as "glasses" and "beard guy"), but god damn it if the song they played wasn't catchy as hell. So I checked out the album (El Camino) and really liked it - and that really isn't the kind of music I'm normally into.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:06 AM
El Camino is their worst album. They've changed too much. Attack & Release and Thickfreakness and Rubber Factory are the best.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Really i love black keys....really isn't the kind of music i didn't hear in any where..

Robot Vacuum

Last edited by Alanbrad; 09-23-2013 at 01:10 AM..