Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 PM
The theater he sued is one of the 3 local theaters near me and the one I usually go to. I usually get a large bottle of water and a large popcorn which comes to $12.50. While expensive, I know that theaters need the concession sales to stay in business so I don't have a problem paying. This theater also has 5 dollar matinees during the week so it's kind of a trade off as far as I'm concerned. They also give free refills on a large popcorn so it's not that bad of a deal if you're taking a family and are going to go through that much.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I always get popcorn and a drink at the theater. Seeing a movie at the theater and eating popcorn just go hand in hand in my book. Thankfully my local theater here has decent prices. I can get a medium popcorn and medium drink for 6 bucks. Add that to the 8 dollar ticket and it's only 14 bucks to see a movie when i'm by myself.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Also at the cinema they do have deals with there snacks

i remember there was a deal called the couples deal
it was a the cheapest where you would get two choc tops two small popcorns and a drink each

it used to be a laugh where two women or men would ask for this deal but if you want it cheap you go for it
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 PM
No way I would buy food in a movie theater.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Suing ... the retarded way of saying i'm too retarded to slip a big bag of Nibs in my side pocket.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Also at the cinema they do have deals with there snacks

i remember there was a deal called the couples deal
it was a the cheapest where you would get two choc tops two small popcorns and a drink each

it used to be a laugh where two women or men would ask for this deal but if you want it cheap you go for it
Most of the deals I see - like the one mentioned above - is $0.50-$1.00 cheaper than if you added all the individual items together. You're not saving much by getting the "Number 1" or "Number 5" or whatever. Theaters still overcharge for snacks, whether it's a package deal or not.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Well l have to agree even though you are getting the deal package it still is costly

The better way to go is to get your cinema food at the supermarket

You can get the same things that you are paying a fortune for at the cinema for a lower price
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 PM
What A Time waster lawsuit. Thee only thing you buy is popcorn.... Everything else SNEAK IN....Put in in your bag, purse NOT plastic bag or the obvious because they cant forbid you from entering in.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
hey dont forget the Choc Top icecream

It is a tradition in my family to have that plus also the pop corn and the drink of coke

But everything else can be bought at the local supermarket
Old 11-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Having worked at a theater, one that half the state of Conneticut went to it's simple what's been stated already, concession is the source of income, keeps me working. Well used to, threats of war and terrorism keep me employed.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:15 PM
All I have to say is somebody needs to give this guy a Congressional Medal of Honor for this. Theatres have been fucking us up the ass with spike dildos for decades and it's nice to finally see someone stick it to the greedy bastards.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hollywood View Post
All I have to say is somebody needs to give this guy a Congressional Medal of Honor for this. Theatres have been fucking us up the ass with spike dildos for decades and it's nice to finally see someone stick it to the greedy bastards.
And if you knew you could raise prices and earn more money, you would not do the same?

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy snacks.

You can easily eat before going into the theater. You can sneak in snacks from your local grocery store.

Anything to complain when you do not get your own way. Cry me a river.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Who needs a theater?

As far as I'm concerned... I don't bother complaining, I just find ways around the bull. I sneak snacks in all the time, forget about a sign that tells me not to. I just do it. As far as theater prices go, I've just become more selective of the movies i see. I use to go every Friday now it's more like once every other month. I don't like being messed with, so if i figure I'm being crapped on i usually get back at the business by finding ways around their rules. Listen! Movies will soon be a thing of the past. Within a few years most if not all movies will stream directly to demand eliminating the theater all together. It's a dinosaur and like the walkman, it will fade into the past. Some will miss the feeling of going to the theater but that will pass as people who remember theaters die away. That's life, the old die so the new can come. In the end it's all small potatoes.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darker View Post
Movies will soon be a thing of the past. Within a few years most if not all movies will stream directly to demand eliminating the theater all together. It's a dinosaur and like the walkman, it will fade into the past. Some will miss the feeling of going to the theater but that will pass as people who remember theaters die away. That's life, the old die so the new can come. In the end it's all small potatoes.
Couldn't disagree MORE with this. The movie going experience can never be replicated & I think there will ALWAYS be a demand/need for people to go to the theatre to see a movie. I don't see movie theatres going out of business anytime soon, if even in my lifetime. (I'm 30)