#1  
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Coming soon! A trailer...

Alright, I'll make this short and sweet. Enough of this teaser for a trailer bullshit! Have people's attention spans diminished that much that studios need to hype up the trailers so people will actually watch them? Here's an idea; JUST RELEASE THE FUCKING THING!

And no, I don't need to be notified 10 days in advance that you're releasing a damn trailer, just surprise me!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I hear ya, man. It is frustrating at best.

But you know what? In defense of the upcoming Prometheus, I like the teasers and promos for the film. I like the fact that we are made to suffer by waiting and waiting. But once again, in the case of Prometheus, I personally think it's a great idea. This film had three teasers just for the first teaser trailer. Now the second and full trailer is due this weekend, we have promos by some of the cast, and for me, I think it's awesome. This is one of my 5 most anticipated film for 2012. I want to see this movie so bad that I can literally taste the Xenomorph acid on my tongue. But once again, I think that the marketing for this film has been up until this point, excellent. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Overall, I understand where you're coming from.

Last edited by God of War; 03-15-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I agree with this, it's bullshit. Only rarely does it really work, and even then I feel like it would've just made more fucking sense to show the whole god damned thing to begin with.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I guess in the context of Prometheus it sort of works, at least maybe it did with the first trailer. I think the success of those clips was actually has to do with Ridley Scott's commentary and the snippets of behind the scenes footage that made it in to each preview. The promotional teaser for the 2nd Prometheus trailer was not quite so successful, seeing as it just showed a small dose of what we'll be seeing in the full trailer. I would rather they just hold off with showing anything if the only footage they have to reveal is from the actual trailer. Either show the full trailer, or nothing at all! Unless of course they want to pepper us with some more Ridley Scott narration and some behind the scenes shots of the sets, (that's acceptable promotional material, IMO).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2012, 08:55 AM
I have totally gone to movies that I have little interest in to see the trailer or teaser of a movie coming out. I love trailers. I have had many nights when I forgot which movie I was about to see because of the trailers or was more excited to see the movies in the trailers than the one I am there to see.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I have totally gone to movies that I have little interest in to see the trailer or teaser of a movie coming out. I love trailers. I have had many nights when I forgot which movie I was about to see because of the trailers or was more excited to see the movies in the trailers than the one I am there to see.
I have no problem with that because that's something that's been occurring in theaters for a long time; studios will attach previews for upcoming releases onto the prints of a newly released film. They usually let you know that it will be attached a couple of days in advance and that's fine too. What I can't stand is this new approach to trailers where people are hyping up not the film, but the actual trailer to the film! And yes, i know the end result ultimately achieves more hype for a film, but the concept is ridiculous nonetheless.

COMING SOON! IN JUST TEN DAYS! THE PREVIEW TO THE MOVIE YOU SO BADLY WANT TO SEE! WHY DON'T WE JUST RELEASE IT NOW? BECAUSE WE WANT TO STIR YOU INTO A FRENZY OVER THIS DAMN THING! STAY TUNED AND WE'LL EVEN RELEASE A PREVIEW TO THE PREVIEW OF THE FILM! AND MAYBE...WE'LL EVEN RELEASE A PREVIEW TO THE PREVIEW OF THE PREVIEW!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Agreed this is CHICKENSHIT
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I totally agree with this. And it's weird, but for me, the teasers for trailers actually make me lose interest in everything to the point where I don't even give enough of a shit to watch the full trailer when it is finally put out there. I haven't even watched the Prometheous trailer yet even though I'll probably end up seeing the movie when it comes out.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm also in agreement with this rant. I don't understand, isn't a teaser for a trailer also a teaser for the movie? It's sad, pathetic, and a little misleading. I'm anticipating the movie, not the trailer . . . so just release the freakin' trailer.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I'm also in agreement with this rant. I don't understand, isn't a teaser for a trailer also a teaser for the movie? It's sad, pathetic, and a little misleading. I'm anticipating the movie, not the trailer . . . so just release the freakin' trailer.
Exactly! I really hope this fad dies out soon. Total Recall was the latest film to hop on the teaser for a trailer train.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Gahhhhhh! Although I am anticipating the film, Looper has joined the teaser for a trailer trend. and it continues...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Well when you talk about trailers

I hate it when you see a new series on the tv and it says it is coming soon

Well l have been waiting for the series called Once Apon a time to air since late Feb

It just gives you the shits when they get you hyped up
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Completely agree with this rant. Its been happening far too often and it pisses me off
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by this, because essentially they're no different than tv spots - people don't have problems with those last time I checked. It's just that once there's a label on it, it becomes this 'fad' or thing that people hate on. Lol, like, really people? it bothers you to see footage some 3 days earlier? LOL.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I'm one of the few who isn't bothered by this, because essentially they're no different than tv spots - people don't have problems with those last time I checked. It's just that once there's a label on it, it becomes this 'fad' or thing that people hate on. Lol, like, really people? it bothers you to see footage some 3 days earlier? LOL.

Yeah, are there tv spots that advertise upcoming tv spots? Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
Yeah, are there tv spots that advertise upcoming tv spots? Didn't think so.
I wouldn't mind one, I'd chuckle if there was one then I'd move on with my day. When was the last time YOU were excited for a TV Spot, other than Superbowl? YEAH. Eeeeeverybody is waiting for a trailer. Why not? Personally, it's nice. Anything that gives me a sneak peek, and creates even more excitement to something I'm looking forward to is fine by me.

Either way, not trying to change anyone's mind really. It bothers you? Well, write to the marketing department. Even if it's short-term, it's fine with me. I won't lose sleep over it existing or not.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I wouldn't mind one, I'd chuckle if there was one then I'd move on with my day. When was the last time YOU were excited for a TV Spot, other than Superbowl? YEAH. Eeeeeverybody is waiting for a trailer. Why not? Personally, it's nice. Anything that gives me a sneak peek, and creates even more excitement to something I'm looking forward to is fine by me.

Either way, not trying to change anyone's mind really. It bothers you? Well, write to the marketing department. Even if it's short-term, it's fine with me. I won't lose sleep over it existing or not.
Not sure why you think I care that much about the subject. Yeah, I started the rant and everything and I write about my opinions regarding movies and marketing a great deal, but the forums make up a very small part of my life. So no, I'm not going to write to the marketing dept and voice my opinion just because I hate this latest trend. If I had to write to every dept of every industry that pissed me off with their advertising I would be writing a shit ton of e-mails.

This is just the latest pop-culture trend which pissed me off and all I wished to do about it was bitch about it on these forums. I know pointless bitching may not be your thing, but what the hell, I like to vent.

Also, this tactic has unfortunately, (IMO) been quite successful at increasing the hype around certain films. It would be very unlikely that the studios would listen to anyone that offered up an opinion which could hurt them financially, so I don't even expect this trend to end anytime soon. I just wanted to piss and moan about it because I find the whole concept to be rather stupid.

And the 2012 super bowl commercials sucked ass btw...bud light dropped the ball this year.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Well l have to say thia thread is interesting and l have to say it is good to get a few opinions on what other members think about a subject

Some people hate having to wait for a long time before a movie or seires comes out

Like l said before there is a series called once opon a time and it has been giving us sneak peaks for around two monthes all you want is for the series to be screened

I think there is a few opinions on what others think on this thread and it is good to read what other view on this subject

That is what forums are about getting together and talking about things

You will get some who will disgree while other will agree with you
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well l have to say thia thread is interesting and l have to say it is good to get a few opinions on what other members think about a subject

Some people hate having to wait for a long time before a movie or seires comes out

Like l said before there is a series called once opon a time and it has been giving us sneak peaks for around two monthes all you want is for the series to be screened

I think there is a few opinions on what others think on this thread and it is good to read what other view on this subject

That is what forums are about getting together and talking about things

You will get some who will disgree while other will agree with you
Maybe you should change your user name to captain obvious. And I don't know what the hell you're going on about with your mention of that tv series, it's not really relevant to this thread at all.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Well maybe it is not a A class trailer but l have the right to disguss other means that can be simalar to what is being disgussed here

i was mentioning the series Once Apon a time which is supposed to be televised on tv but we are still waiting for it to air

I also want to disguss with you having a go at my username
What has that got to do with this thread and maybe you should watch what you say to members
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well maybe it is not a A class trailer but l have the right to disguss other means that can be simalar to what is being disgussed here

i was mentioning the series Once Apon a time which is supposed to be televised on tv but we are still waiting for it to air

I also want to disguss with you having a go at my username
What has that got to do with this thread and maybe you should watch what you say to members
That whole point you're trying to make about that TV series, it doesn't have anything to do with this thread and the topic being discussed.That's why I'm being critical of your comments. We're talking about trailers for trailers here, not a bunch of trailers for a tv show that hasn't aired yet. Your comment has zero relevance to this thread.

Maybe I was wrong to take a dig at your username and that is probably overstepping boundaries on these boards, so I apologize for that. However, I've watched you make posts that not only point out the obvious, (stating that everyone has a right to an opinion on these boards, the boards are for discussion, etc.) but also make posts that have nothing to do with what's being discussed. I appreciate your attempt to contribute, but keep it relevant. It's frustrating when you've got a thread going and someone basically kills it with some irrelevant comment that they just felt like posting.

And btw, Once Upon A Time premiered on Oct 23rd, 2011. It's been airing for 6 months...

Last edited by psycheoutsteve; 04-21-2012 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Also, I found a thread in which a user by the name of Mopar Fanatic writes that Bondgirl is just a gimmick account he created to piss people off.

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145431

If this is true, this shit needs to stop.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Okay maybe l was wrong in coming into this thread and making a comment on your thread and if you want it only on trailers so be it it is a shame you couldnt broaden the topic

Okay on my username you apoligized for your action where you know it was wrong

But in the above post you are mocking me again

I am not a gimmick account or a person who is causing trouble

All l did was come on this thread and made a few posts which l can tell you l wish l did not make them now

I also want to state l am a ordinary member like anyone else and not someone who wishes to annoy people

It is sad that Moper has made that comment about me as well

Sometimes l think some of you like hurting others and it is sad to say

Did it make you feel good to have that post above written about me

it upsets me a great deal l can understand now why there is not many females here posting at these forums because of what some of you do

it is lucky l am stronger enough of a person to put up with this crap

I also want to say that l am not a spammer l am a person who is a member who has feelings sometimes l wonder if people realize that they are talking to people and not a computer chip

I hope you feel good about your self because all l can say is that you didnt really apoligize you just started this up again
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Okay maybe l was wrong in coming into this thread and making a comment on your thread and if you want it only on trailers so be it it is a shame you couldnt broaden the topic

Okay on my username you apoligized for your action where you know it was wrong

But in the above post you are mocking me again

I am not a gimmick account or a person who is causing trouble

All l did was come on this thread and made a few posts which l can tell you l wish l did not make them now

I also want to state l am a ordinary member like anyone else and not someone who wishes to annoy people

It is sad that Moper has made that comment about me as well

Sometimes l think some of you like hurting others and it is sad to say

Did it make you feel good to have that post above written about me

it upsets me a great deal l can understand now why there is not many females here posting at these forums because of what some of you do

it is lucky l am stronger enough of a person to put up with this crap

I also want to say that l am not a spammer l am a person who is a member who has feelings sometimes l wonder if people realize that they are talking to people and not a computer chip

I hope you feel good about your self because all l can say is that you didnt really apoligize you just started this up again

I'm not going to apologize to a troll and that is the last thing I'm going to say to you on these threads. You have far too much time on your hands.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Maybe we should have a admin in here to sort out the problem you have with me

I am not a troll who goes into every thread to cause problems you are the one causing problems in this thread

I told you that l am sorry for writing about that series which has not aired on Australian tv

They keep showing preveiws same as showing preveiws to a trailer which has not opened at a picture threatre

The problem with you is that you dont want to broaden the topic

if l am a troll so are you for putting a persons character down
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
I'm not going to apologize to a troll and that is the last thing I'm going to say to you on these threads. You have far too much time on your hands.
How are you not banned in addition to Mopar? I don't get it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
How are you not banned in addition to Mopar? I don't get it.
Why would I be banned? I'm not the one making up gimmick accounts and trolling the forums. If the adminstrators choose to ban me, then that's their decision, but I don't think i'm that out of line on this issue. I sincerely believe that Mopar is Bondgirl and that the comments he makes as Bondgirl are just a more subtle way of trolling these forums. If anyone can prove otherwise, then I will owe Bondgirl an apology. Till then, I'm just going to end the discussion and not say anything to Mopar or Bondgirl at all.

Last edited by psycheoutsteve; 04-23-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Well Steve, I can agree with you on one thing. It is exhausting reading a long post and then realizing not only does it barely even have anything to do with the topic, but by the time your finished you have to scroll up cause you are so confused you dont even know what the topic is. Many times I myself have wanted to comment what the frac or you talking about... sadly though I must admit I can never bring myself to skip the posts, cause Im a glutton for punishment.

However, I dont think Bondgirl is Mopar. But I could be wrong. I think he was making a joke when he said that. I say that because I think he would have already been on here making the arguement against it. I never really understood the whole gimmick account thing... I thought about it once a few years ago, cause I always try to be nice and respectful to my fellow posters, but there was a couple of times I just wanted to be a dick and argue. But it seemed stupid and a lot of hassle, as I have seen people get confused on which name they are using. I used to laugh cause JJFlamingo used to do that with his gimmick account all the time. Plus it got him banned, which is sad, I miss JJ. Thats why Bubbastrangelove/The postmaster general always has the most respect from me on this board, he needs no gimmick account and always says what he wants. And I just realized I am rambling like Bondgirl, so I will leave it at that.

I also dont think you owe any appologies, cause I think you gave your opinions and observations, but you didnt attack anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
Well Steve, I can agree with you on one thing. It is exhausting reading a long post and then realizing not only does it barely even have anything to do with the topic, but by the time your finished you have to scroll up cause you are so confused you dont even know what the topic is. Many times I myself have wanted to comment what the frac or you talking about... sadly though I must admit I can never bring myself to skip the posts, cause Im a glutton for punishment.

However, I dont think Bondgirl is Mopar. But I could be wrong. I think he was making a joke when he said that. I say that because I think he would have already been on here making the arguement against it. I never really understood the whole gimmick account thing... I thought about it once a few years ago, cause I always try to be nice and respectful to my fellow posters, but there was a couple of times I just wanted to be a dick and argue. But it seemed stupid and a lot of hassle, as I have seen people get confused on which name they are using. I used to laugh cause JJFlamingo used to do that with his gimmick account all the time. Plus it got him banned, which is sad, I miss JJ. Thats why Bubbastrangelove/The postmaster general always has the most respect from me on this board, he needs no gimmick account and always says what he wants. And I just realized I am rambling like Bondgirl, so I will leave it at that.

I also dont think you owe any appologies, cause I think you gave your opinions and observations, but you didnt attack anyone.

Thank you for considering my perspective on this issue. However, I did accuse Bondgirl of being a troll, which is not something I can prove. I just have a strong feeling about it. Why would someone joke about something like having a gimmick account, especially in the context in which it was said? That just seems weird to me. And like I said, if someone proves otherwise, (and no one needs to really because I will just let this discussion die without it anyways) I will openly apologize to Bondgirl on this thread.

I would also like to point out, (not directed at you starcat) as the OP of this thread that it is up to me to determine how broad or concise I want the topic to be concerning this thread and any others I create. This topic is pretty black and white: trailers for trailers. If you aren't talking about that subject then you're just spewing junk about some other tangent you just felt like discussing.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 PM
You are right, since I have replied on this topic, I should atleast say something about it.

I personaly hate it. Some people like it and this cool, but a good trailor gets me hyped for a movie. Back in the early 90s good direct to video trailers got me hyped to see movies. I love trailers, if I go to the theatre a few minutes late and miss most the trailers I am pissed, I am pissed when they only show 2 or 3 trailers, and would be content if they showed 30 minutes worth. I think they should show trailers the whole time your waiting, not commercials and all the trivia and quizzes they show on the screen while you are waiting for the trailers to stop. But I am not such a trailer junkie that I need to be hyped for them, they are meant only to hype me for the movie they are representing.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcat View Post
But I am not such a trailer junkie that I need to be hyped for them, they are meant only to hype me for the movie they are representing.
And that, in essence, is why I think the trailer for trailers idea is stupid. Trailers were meant to hype the movies themselves, not longer trailers. Studios are successfully banking on the idea that people will do anything to get a glimpse at even the most miniscule footage for a movie they're interested in. People are giving into this trend because they can't help themselves. It's a real cheap trick on the studio's part, but they're not going to stop their ridiculous trend just because people are being hyped up over minutiae. People have enough to distract them these days. Do we really need trailers for trailers?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:07 PM
To piggyback on what psychosteve posted, studios are making use of the internet to show these teasers for the trailers. You'll never see them in movie theaters or on TV (maybe "Entertainment Tonight" or something), but the internet is the perfect place for them. I doubt we've seen the last of these.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
I am not Moper l am from melbourne australia
if you look on my profile you will see this

I am not going under any account the admin would only have to look up my IP address to see who l am

Also if any member spoke to me or got to know me they would know who l am as a member and as a person

Also if you want to discuss this further pm me Phych and we can discuss things there

This thread should get back on track iin disgussing trailers

Last edited by Bondgirl; 04-25-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
I am not Moper l am from melbourne australia
if you look on my profile you will see this

I am not going under any account the admin would only have to look up my IP address to see who l am

Also if any member spoke to me or got to know me they would know who l am as a member and as a person

Also if you want to discuss this further pm me Phych and we can discuss things there

This thread should get back on track iin disgussing trailers
If you look at the last two posts before the one you just posted you will see that the discussion has already returned to the main topic. I apologize if you really aren't moper, but i have no plans to discuss this any further.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Damn, Bondgirl...you know what an IP address is!...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump