Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Leprechaun (2013)

Leprechaun Remake is Happening at Lionsgate, WWE

Quote:
You know, because you asked for it... The 1993 film Leprechaun is going to be remade for a 2013 release. No writer, director or cast has been announced yet, so this project is still rather fresh.

Variety reports Lionsgate and WWE are coming together to make this happen. The two have had a pre-existing relationship; their previous horror title together was See No Evil.

The original film, directed by Mark Jones, starred Warwick Davis as the eponymous little bastard. Jennifer Aniston also starred in the early days of her career.

Leprechaun 2, Leprechaun 3, Leprechaun 4: In Space, Leprechaun in the Hood and Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood followed.

Now, what is to follow...a redo of Warlock and Wishmaster?
LINK:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...-lionsgate-wwe

Hornswoggle seems like an obvious choice with this news to play the Lep...

Think Aniston would be interested in returning?
Old 03-17-2012, 03:48 AM
On one hand, you gotta ask: why?

On the other hand, this is one of the worst franchises in movie history, so you gotta ask: why not?

But still, I ask, why? I don't think it's possible to make a good movie about a killer leprechaun. Maybe it won't be as bad as the 1993 flick, but I'm sure it'll still suck. I just can't picture a good movie actually happening about that little fellow.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Maybe it won't be as bad as the 1993 flick, but I'm sure it'll still suck.
Wait...the 1993 Flick was bad?
Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I dig the original, but I'm not interested unless Warwick Davis is in. It just doesn't feel right to be replacing all of these Horror icons with other actors when the originals are still willing to play the role. It's not like Leprechaun was that great of a movie, but I have an affection for it, and this news kinda sucks, I guess.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 PM

A few years ago I would have been more excited for a new Leprechaun film but now I really don't wanna see it without Warwick. I'm sure he could still pull it off.

I've been on this board ten years. Yeaaaaaaah!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenkiller View Post
I've been on this board ten years. Yeaaaaaaah!
Congrats, my friend. I see that you've finally excised that "That's all for now..." disclaimer you tag on to the end of your posts. Glad to have you! Now get back to reviewing Horror franchises of ungodly lengths and qualities!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Warwick Davis Doesn't Want a Leprechaun Reboot, Shares Sequel Pitch

Quote:
Last week we reported that Lionsgate and WWE are planning a reboot of 1993's Leprechaun. Today, the original franchise's star, Warwick Davis, particpated in a special Facebook chat to promote the original six films' re-release through Charter Communication's On Demand and digital download. Though Davis didn't specifically confirm or deny any involvement with the new film, he did make the following statement:

"I think it would be a shame to remake the original 'Leprechaun' film. It is a cult classic. It should not be touched in the same way the[y] should not have remade 'Psycho'. I think there is a lot more to explore with the character, so that should be done with a sequel."

After taking Leprechaun to Las Vegas, outer space and "da hood" (twice), where else would Davis like to see the evil Irish creature turn up? Check after the break for his sequel pitch.

"I pitched the 'Lep vs. Pirates' idea to Johnny Depp while we were shooting 'Life's Too Short'," Davis says. "He didn't say much. There is so much potential for the character. I think a road movie would be fun. The Lep is best when encountering different types of people. I'd also like to see a female Leprechaun - she's even meaner though and makes the original leprechaun seem soft. I'd love to play her too!"
LINK:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s-sequel-pitch
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
More space!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Congrats, my friend. I see that you've finally excised that "That's all for now..." disclaimer you tag on to the end of your posts. Glad to have you! Now get back to reviewing Horror franchises of ungodly lengths and qualities!
Never! My franchise reviewing days are long over. I really don't have any desire to get back to doing that. The torch must be passed to someone else!
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 AM
I'm going to say i love the first film and the one in Vegas, is that part 3 ? , i can't remember, all i know is the first had a cute Janniston and the other one i like had the chick from Magic Island .
Old 03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenkiller View Post
Never! My franchise reviewing days are long over. I really don't have any desire to get back to doing that. The torch must be passed to someone else!
Awe. Perhaps over this summer I'll indulge in some good 'ole fashioned movie reviewing, but for now that torch won't be me! I certainly remember enjoying myself reading yours, back when this place was thriving (at least in comparison to today).
Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Hornswoggle to Star in Leprechaun: Origins

Quote:
WWE Films aims to have the Leprechaun reboot, which Variety says is being called Leprechaun: Origins, in theaters March 2013. It was previously revealed the film would hit next year, we just didn't know when. Well, yeah...March seems to be a good time, don't you think? Y'know, with St. Patrick's Day and all. WWE also revealed its own "Hornswoggle" will star.

Who? That would be David Postl, also known as "Hornswoggle" in the WWE universe. More on this dude right here. No writer or director have been revealed for the reboot yet. Lionsgate will distribute.

WWE also revealed that No One Lives, the upcoming action-horror film, will open January 2013.

Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura, and starring Luke Evans, the film concerns a ruthless criminal gang that takes a young couple hostage and goes to ground in an abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. When the captive girl is killed, the tables are unexpectedly turned. The gang finds itself outsmarted by an urbane and seasoned killer determined to ensure that no one lives…
LINK:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...-release-month

Can't say I didn't see this coming...
Old 04-01-2012, 10:07 AM
And...all interest in this film (which was already about nonexistent) goes down the drain...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
On one hand, you gotta ask: why?

On the other hand, this is one of the worst franchises in movie history, so you gotta ask: why not?

But still, I ask, why? I don't think it's possible to make a good movie about a killer leprechaun. Maybe it won't be as bad as the 1993 flick, but I'm sure it'll still suck. I just can't picture a good movie actually happening about that little fellow.
The why is because a remake will get the movie a theatrical run, while leprechaun 7 would be a direct-to-dvd feature that nobody would care about.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:47 AM
Leprechaun is getting a remake? Since when was this franchise ever relevant? Never. That would be the correct answer.

What an embarrassing travesty the horror genre has become.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 AM

ohhhhh....good god
Old 06-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU80 View Post
Leprechaun is getting a remake? Since when was this franchise ever relevant? Never. That would be the correct answer.

Seriously, this.

I don't know what's more embarrassing, the fact that they are remaking Leprechaun, or that it is a WWE production with Hornswoggle in the title role.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU80 View Post
Definatley, but at least the Pet Semetary remake will be coming out soon. That's about the only thing I'm looking foward to these days.