#1  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:14 AM
NIN Fans

I'm a casual fan of Nine Inch Nails, not a hardcore one. BUT I feel that Trent Reznor is a musical genius in his own right.

Having said that, I found one of the dirtiest (sounding, not lyrically) remixes of NIN's "Deep" that blows the original/regular Deep outta the fucking WATER!

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuGrJ40hmcU


My favourite comments on youtube:

"Damn, dude. What a remix. Sounds so dirty that I changed it to porn when my Mom walked in."

"Dirtier than fingering ur sister and finding ur dads wedding ring up there..."


It's my latest musical obsession... Listening to it at least once or twice per day, if not more.

Anyway, I've compiled a "Best of NIN" (more like my favourite NIN songs) album so to speak with the following:

-Into the Void
-Deep (Filthy Saturated Remix)
-Capital G
-March of the Pigs
-The Hand That Feeds
-Every Day Is Exactly the Same
-The Good Soldier
-Discipline
-Only
-The Wretched


Also "Reptile" is a sick-ass-fucking-song that almost scares me, it's so horror-theme sounding. The lyrics are disturbing as hell too.

Anyway, any other NIN/Reznor fans on here?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2012, 03:42 AM
I take it you meant to put this in the music forum and accidentally put this here?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2012, 12:01 PM
Good find Jaw. I have been a NIN fan since 90 and with the exception of Year Zero, I love anything Reznor touches. Still hate myself for missing out on the NIN/JA tour but I had to either buy tickets for that or get my daughter birthday presents. So of course my money went to her gifts. Just stinks that my two favorite bands ever toured together (with Eric Avery back with JA too!) and I missed it =(

Anyway back on topic, it is a good remix. Might need to add it to my playlist.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I take it you meant to put this in the music forum and accidentally put this here?
Whoops. Yep, thought I was IN the music forum when I posted this. Mods can move it once they catch the mistake.

You listen to the remix Ilove?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
yup.. im gonna move it over to the music section.. but wanted to throw in my favorite song by NIN and that is: The Great Below! especially 2:06 - 3:11 of that song! Also Hurt, great song that was covered by Cash just before his death.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Gonna haveta listen to The Great Below Sky.

Hurt's great, but it's even better when Cash covered it. So much better, and the music video is fantastic. I'm not even a FAN of Johnny Cash's, and I loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Gonna haveta listen to The Great Below Sky.

Hurt's great, but it's even better when Cash covered it. So much better, and the music video is fantastic. I'm not even a FAN of Johnny Cash's, and I loved it.
Yeah .... cover usually sux 99% of the time but the Cash cover of Hurt is very good. Maybe i'm biased because that's probably the only music video that make me wanna cry.

Even Trent Reznor was moved by it (according to Wikipedia ) :

When Rick Rubin asked if Cash could cover his song, Reznor said he was "flattered" but worried that "the idea sounded a bit gimmicky." He became a fan of Cash's version, however, once he saw the music video.
“ I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. [I felt like] I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore...


I love NiN as a whole but i consider myself more of a "Pretty hate Machine -> With Teeth" era fan .... didnt listen much to Ghost I-IV & The Slip.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 AM
I was most into them from PHM to The Fragile, but haven't not liked anything they've put out since. Saw them twice when they toured Downward Spiral with Jim Rose Circus and Marilyn Manson. I think it's pretty awesome Trent is an Academy Award winning movie composer now. The EP duo Broken and Fixed is pretty awesome and a bit undermentioned, IMO. They make a good A and B side, with one being more aggressive and the other being more kind of experimental. "Wish" is a great song. This thread has really made me want to break out all these albums.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I was most into them from PHM to The Fragile, but haven't not liked anything they've put out since. Saw them twice when they toured Downward Spiral with Jim Rose Circus and Marilyn Manson. I think it's pretty awesome Trent is an Academy Award winning movie composer now. The EP duo Broken and Fixed is pretty awesome and a bit undermentioned, IMO. They make a good A and B side, with one being more aggressive and the other being more kind of experimental. "Wish" is a great song. This thread has really made me want to break out all these albums.
These are my exact thoughts on Nine Inch Nails, with some occasional exceptions from the latter albums that prove pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-02-2012, 02:42 AM
I am not it's die hard fan though like it quite, would like to know more about it.



greatest albums of the 90s
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump