Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Don't be Afraid of the Dark

This has to be the worst horror film I've seen in sometime and I've seen some terrible films.

It started off well, but went seriously downhill.

Spoiler:
I mean the tiny little fairie type things were just not scary, it was just laughable.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel1980 View Post
This has to be the worst horror film I've seen in sometime and I've seen some terrible films.

It started off well, but went seriously downhill.

Spoiler:
I mean the tiny little fairie type things were just not scary, it was just laughable.
I got this and Ninja Assassin on the same day from Netflix. I have to say, the ninjas in the shadows were creepier.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:17 AM
Personally, I think this gets too harsh a rap. I quite enjoyed it, even with the CG insistence, and the amount you get to see the creatures in bright lighting, which wasn't the best. Could definitely have been better.

That said, it had some great moments and I thought the creatures were quite creepy at times. There's no way I'd put it in the 'worst horror films I've seen' pile, and I watch everything. It's not perfect, but it's definitely not that bad.

Just my 2 cents. Most reviews and opinions I've seen share your point of view.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:40 AM
I don't think its THAT bad. Definitely wasn't great, but I had some fun watching it. Very true about the creatures in the light.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 AM
It was pretty disappointing, but not the worst horror movie I've seen in years. This is certainly a movie that, if I saw it when I was younger, would scare the living hell out of me.

As an adult though, it kind of does nothing for me.

6/10