Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Spoiler:
Linden flashing the key card at the elevator camera was simultaneously the most awesome/dumbest thing she has done on the show
Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Overall I am glad I stuck around for season 2, even if the show does have some issues. After the first 15 minutes of the finale I was thinking "That's it?" but the twist that came afterward was well-done and quite powerful.

Spoiler:
That shot of the car submerging in the water as Rosie screams and Terry walks away not knowing she just killed her niece was incredibly haunting. For a show that pulled its punches quite frequently, it was nice to see them follow through with something ballsy and powerful.

I also really liked the last scene with Richmond where he realizes that he's going to have to be dirty in order to make any change.

Is this renewed for a third season? If so, it will be interesting to see where it goes.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I agree with you Bourne. The last 15 minutes were definitely done well. I am now even more interested about Season 3 if it gets greenlit, what direction will they take it? It could possibly be the last season too?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM

Agree with both Bourne & Digifruitella.

Was the show sometimes frustrating to watch? Definitely.

But overall, I found the ending/finale to be quite satisfying, intense and moving. At one point I honestly thought Jamie was gonna kill some more people(esp Billy Campbell's character)

Definitely glad I stuck around until the end
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Glad to see that others enjoyed it as well. It's not top level stuff, but it's something I look forward to every Sunday. It has such a great atmosphere, solid acting, some good character moments, and a plot that is intriguing even if it is frustrating at times. I'd say it's on par with The Walking Dead, honestly. The narrative may not be as strong, but I think the character writing is better.

And honestly, it's worth watching for the Holder/Linden interaction alone. Joel Kinnaman has a very bright future ahead of him.

Here are some of my favorite Holder lines:

Linden: Is that bacon?
Holder: Naw, this is ham, eggs, and sausage
Linden: What happened to your whole lacto-, ovo- vegan thing?
Holder: Nothin'. I'm just ready to embrace meat again.

Holder: Yo Liden, did you hit that? Call 1-900-Linden for action!
Linden: That's not even enough numbers

Holder: Oh snap! Linden rocked the booty call.

Holder: I hope some old lady gets robbed right now and no one responds.

Eaton: I'll have you shoveling reindeer shit at the Christmas parade.
Holder: They're not really reindeer, they're huskies with antlers.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:17 AM
A haunting and moving end to the season.It will be interesting to see what hapens in season 3
Old 06-22-2012, 11:11 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rac...-sexton-340747
Old 07-27-2012, 02:13 PM
AMC cancels The Killing:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/27/killing-canceled/

Quote:
AMC has cancelled The Killing after two seasons, but the rainy murder mystery could live on at another network.

Statement from the network: “After much deliberation, we’ve come to the difficult decision not to renew The Killing for a third season. AMC is incredibly proud of the show and is fortunate to have worked with such a talented team on this project, from showrunner Veena Sud and our terrific partners at Fox Television Studios to the talented, dedicated crew and exceptional cast.”

Fox Television Studios quickly sent out a statement saying the studio plans to shop the drama series to other networks: “Fox Television Studios is extremely proud of The Killing, the extraordinary writing staff and crew, and what we believe is one of the best casts on television. We will proceed to try to find another home for the show.”

The Killing has been one of AMC’s few missteps in an otherwise remarkable plunge into scripted television during the last several years. The show premiered last year to solid ratings and plenty of fan and critic excitement. But in a move that will likely be used as an object lesson in serialized series management for years to come, AMC and Sud managed to infuriating fans by declining to solve a mystery that viewers felt they had been led to believe would be cleared up by the end of the first season. When season two debuted in April, ratings dropped 33 percent to 1.8 million viewers. Ratings continued to sag until the finale, which garnered 1.4 million viewers and finally revealed who killed teen murder victim Rosie Larsen.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM
While I actually have quite enjoyed The Killing (especially Season 2) and wouldn't mind seeing more, the series feels pretty complete as is.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Just like that eh? I thought they'd drag out that decision for at least another year.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:37 PM
No surprise at all since ratings were way down as compared to Season 1, plus the last episode really felt more like a series finale...factor in their recent Emmy shutout & Twin Peaks comparisons of a television series that could never live up to its Pilot episode & you've got yourself a major cancellation. I'm not really that disappointed!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:46 AM
WHile I liked the show this is probably a good move. There really isn't much more to tell.

Plus Joel K is moving on to bigger things (Robocop and other films).
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Show must go on!!! http://collider.com/the-killing-seas...etflix/209713/

YES! It's back for season 3! I'm glad they actually fought to keep it alive.