Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

Directed by Tarsem Singh (The Fall, The Cell, Immortals)

Written by Melissa Wallick and Jason Keller; Based on the story by the brothers Grimm

Starring Lily Collins, Julia Roberts, Armie Hammer, and Nathan Lane

Rated PG

Running Time of 106 Minutes

An evil queen steals control of a kingdom and an exiled princess enlists the help of seven resourceful rebels to win back her birthright.

The first of two Snow White films to release this year, and the decidedly lighter and more family friendly one. Although I thought it looked awful and expected it to go absolutely eviscerated by critics, a 50% rating isn't so awful after all. Tarsem is a visually stunning director, and what appeals to me in some reviews I have read is that the film is light and optimistic... ie: no cynicism or darkness here. I still think the other Snow White film looks better, but I will definitely check this out now after all. Plus I'm always up for a new score by Alan Menken.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
This looks like complete garbage.

The darker, better cast, more visually gripping and exciting Snow White and the Huntsman will makes this one into one of the biggest jokes of 2012.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:18 PM
I forgot this came out this weekend...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Biggest Surprise so far this year. I talked so much trash about this movie ever since the first trailer appeared but it was way better than I gave it credit for.

This movie looks fantastic, has humor and heart, and great performances. Juilia Roberts was great as the evil queen and everyone else involved was a joy to watch. It's a shame this film didnt' perform well at the box office. Probably had a lot to do with the fact that it was released so close to Hunger Games and a majority of family audiences were headed that way.

Had a huge grin on my face the entire time, I'd watch it again.

7.5/10(May bump up to an 8)
Old 04-05-2012, 12:10 AM
The second best film of the year so far! Amazing costumes, great set designs, very funny, with great action! I loved this far more than I would have thought.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:44 AM
I actually enjoyed it. It's very slight, earnest, and silly... but it is all appropriate for a fairly tale of this sort and it strikes a nice optimistic and joyous tone. None of the awful puns or terrible tone from the trailer was present and the costumes are incredible works of art. Armie Hammer is fantastic; hilarious, charming, and not afraid to make fun of himself. He's a movie star. Even Julia Roberts, who I normally dislike, is tolerable because we are supposed to hate her character.

Last edited by SpikeDurden; 08-11-2012 at 03:44 AM..
Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I just watched the movie over the weekend. I kind of felt indifferent towards it overall. I didn't love, nor did I hate it. It was just one of thos movies that was kind of enjoyable for a one time viewing...but nothing I will remember in a few weeks. Just my opinion though.

I wrote a review of it on my blog at:

http://www.mikeyatthemovies11.blogsp...or-mirror.html

Thanks,

Mike
Check out my movie review blog at www.mikeyatthemovies11.blogspot.com
Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Seems like I am with the rest here... in that, I wasnt expecting much from this movie but was very pleasantly surprised by it. I guess I should trust Tarsem... still need to see The Fall, but I LOVED The Cell!

Just a good retelling of this story, and Julia Roberts just seems like she is having a blast.

Haven't seen Huntsman yet, im sure the movies are night and day though

I even dug the end credits song!!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Hated this movie, Snow white and the huntsman was sooooo much better. This movie was just annoying and it sucks because i love all the other movies the director has made, The Fall is EPIC, Cell is stunning and Immortals was insane but this just felt like a pay cheque for Tarsem, i really disliked this, the flow was horrible, the humor was out of place and well just not funny. 3/10
Old 09-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Seems like I am with the rest here... in that, I wasnt expecting much from this movie but was very pleasantly surprised by it. I guess I should trust Tarsem... still need to see The Fall, but I LOVED The Cell!

Just a good retelling of this story, and Julia Roberts just seems like she is having a blast.

Haven't seen Huntsman yet, im sure the movies are night and day though

I even dug the end credits song!!

I agree - I thought this one was cute and very colorful and just kind of fun! Had no real expectations for it, especially since I heard bad things but it was worth the rental. Still need to check out Huntsman but I am sure it will be totally different than this one