Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
TV Shows on Hiatus

I am getting so fuckin' sick of every single TV show going on hiatus...

First, it seemed like it would only happen for a select few shows. And for the shows that did go on hiatus, it would be a mid-season break. Now pretty much every single show does this and it's not just mid-season anymore. Some shows will go on hiatus after like 6 episodes, come back with 2 more, then be gone for a month or 2 then come back with a few more. Fuck that noise!

If you can't air a season straight through from start to finish, don't fuckin' air it all! I'd rather wait 2 years for a show to come back then have it air sporadically throughout 2 years.

Then to top things off, when a new season of a show hits DVD/Blu-Ray, they release it in seperate parts, selling them separately. Are you kidding me? Don't call it Season 9 Part 1 and Season 9 Part 2...Here's an idea: Call it Season 9 and Season 10! MIND = BLOWN!!! Where do I come up with this stuff! I just felt the ground shake!

Seriously, this is ruining my TV viewing experience. Have you ever planned out a night to watch your favorite shows, you come home from work/school, waiting for it all day, grab some drinks, invite over a few friends, get all pumped up to see the latest episode of a series, maybe even watch the previous episode right before the new one airs to prepare you even more....then when it's finally time, you switch the channel and...instead of getting what you were anticipating, you get a re-run of some shitty show you've never seen before! Grrr....

You need to get your shit together TV Land or else I'ma...I'ma...I'ma wait until you do!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
Seriously, this is ruining my TV viewing experience. Have you ever planned out a night to watch your favorite shows, you come home from work/school, waiting for it all day, grab some drinks, invite over a few friends, get all pumped up to see the latest episode of a series, maybe even watch the previous episode right before the new one airs to prepare you even more....then when it's finally time, you switch the channel and...instead of getting what you were anticipating, you get a re-run of some shitty show you've never seen before! Grrr....
That is annoying. It's gotten to the point where I've started checking the "Guide" for episode information to see if it's a rerun or not. I've also set up the DVR so that it only records new episodes, instead of every single episode. I barely watch the shows live anymore - only on the DVR.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
I am getting so fuckin' sick of every single TV show going on hiatus...

First, it seemed like it would only happen for a select few shows. And for the shows that did go on hiatus, it would be a mid-season break. Now pretty much every single show does this and it's not just mid-season anymore. Some shows will go on hiatus after like 6 episodes, come back with 2 more, then be gone for a month or 2 then come back with a few more. Fuck that noise!

If you can't air a season straight through from start to finish, don't fuckin' air it all! I'd rather wait 2 years for a show to come back then have it air sporadically throughout 2 years.

Then to top things off, when a new season of a show hits DVD/Blu-Ray, they release it in seperate parts, selling them separately. Are you kidding me? Don't call it Season 9 Part 1 and Season 9 Part 2...Here's an idea: Call it Season 9 and Season 10! MIND = BLOWN!!! Where do I come up with this stuff! I just felt the ground shake!

You need to get your shit together TV Land or else I'ma...I'ma...I'ma wait until you do!
I was ok with the Walking Dead going on hiatus because when it returned they aired the rest of the season consecutively. This sporadic airing of shows is something I haven't heard of before, but then again I don't watch that much television.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
yeah more and more TV series are getting mid-season break ( i.e Walking Dead , Leverage , etc )

that's ok .... what really pissed me off is the chaotic showing of series not on hiatus ( i.e. Fringe )
Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
This sporadic airing of shows is something I haven't heard of before, but then again I don't watch that much television.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
that's ok .... what really pissed me off is the chaotic showing of series not on hiatus ( i.e. Fringe )
Supernatural is one of the worst when it comes to this.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
yeah more and more TV series are getting mid-season break ( i.e Walking Dead , Leverage , etc )
I think cable shows - HBO, AMC, etc. - do this more often than the network shows. I think it's because the cable shows have deals for less shows per season than the network shows, which is around 22-24 shows a year. The Walking Dead's season 1 is only listed as 6 episodes; season 2 . . . 13 episodes. Mad Men has only 13 episodes a season. So these "mid-season breaks" are probably so they can stretch the season out a little further, build a little anxiety for the show while still in the season.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:

I agree with you 110% on this. They did it with the Soprano's (Season 6) and other shows like Thundercats, G.I. Joe I think among others.

Anyway, you know it's just a marketing ploy to make more money, that's all it comes down to. It's horse-shit, but I'm just glad most season sets are all complete & not split up overall.