Adam Yauch (MCA of the Beastie Boys) Dead

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/04/beasti...am-yauch-dead/

47 years old, Adam lost his life to cancer today. RIP
Old 05-04-2012, 01:44 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can't really believe it...

RIP MCA. Thanks for all the great music, t'was the soundtrack of my youth
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I was big into the Beastie Boys from their debut right through until Ill Communication. I went off them a little after that but I still had a lot respect for their talent. This is really quite sad. RIP!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh Shit! I know I am getting old, because people I used to see and listen to when I was in my teens are starting to die.

I think they just got to the Rock N Roll Hall of fame. Anyone know? If so, were they there? I know HBO is going to have the concert

RIP Adam MCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yli1Y21SryE&feature=fvst
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 PM
RIP MCA, The Beastie Boys were, and still are, one of my favorites. Many summer nights driving to their beats.

Thanks and rest in peace.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:18 PM
That's a shame... RIP.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I think they just got to the Rock N Roll Hall of fame. Anyone know? If so, were they there? I know HBO is going to have the concert

RIP Adam MCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yli1Y21SryE&feature=fvst
I read that he wasn't able to attend the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame event last month.

I'm so bummed out by this news. Their music was such a highlight of my teen years. Inventive, stylish; the world has lost one cool dude.

R.I.P. MCA
Old 05-04-2012, 04:19 PM

I thought he was getting better.

RIP
Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
R.I.P.

My condolences go out to his family n friends.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Another sad unexpected loss this week. Although this one hits a little harder as I, as with most people, have listened to Beastie Boys since I was a child! Cancer is such a vile fucker... we fund all of this money into studying what attracts men to woman or stupid shit like that, but we need to put all of that money into cancer research.

Super Sad
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM
RIP Nathaniel Hornblower
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Seriously this news just sucks ass.

People tend to forget that the Beastie Boys are more than just rappers. They are true musicians that can play their own instruments. I can't believe I never saw them in concert

Also, their last album was insanely good. They put the younger musicians to shame.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Yea tragic news. I remember License to Ill was the first cassette tape I ever owned. Played it until it was eaten by our cheap walkman. I haven't followed the Boys in a while but they shaped the type of music I was into for years when I was younger for sure. RIP...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Someone summed it up perfectly on another site. "Fuck cancer."

Thanks Adam/MCA for all the music.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 PM
"I was makin' records when you were suckin' yo mother's DICK..."

Best Beasties line ever, courtesy MCA and Paul's Boutique.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Been thinking about this all day..

Grew up on these guys, on my Walkman, on my crappy stereo, on my crappy TV, but just had to listen to them, on VHS tapes.. Very exciting that after all this time, they got inducted into the Hall Of Fame..

Thank you MCA/Adam, for teaching me about hiphop. RIP.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
R.I.P. Adam "MCA" Yauch!

I don't know anybody who didn't like The Beastie Boys! Black or white, it didn't matter, they crossed boundaries and did their own thing no matter what, you gotta respect that!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 AM
i've seen so many articles on this and read so many user comments. i have yet to find a negative response. i find it's almost typical behaviour when someone of celebrity dies. there always has to be a few wiseguys out there who will bash the recently departed for something stupid. the fact that i have yet to read(not that i want to see this trend) any bad comments towards MCA is impressive.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
RIP
One of the legendary that helped to define true hip hop.