Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Is anybody getting sick of Betty White?

I get it, she's one of the oldest performers in Hollywood. But she just seems to be everywhere and it's getting really annoying. She wins almost every best actress award for comedy (which to me isn't fair) and has so many different shows on the networks. Don't get me wrong, I think BW is great (in some areas) but now it's just pissing me off. It's like Joan Rivers...

except I hate Joan Rivers....

and her daughter.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Being 120 years old* and still managing to be hip to the 18-34 demographic is pretty much a win in my book. Not saying that all her projects are gold ( actually most of them suck ) but judging on her performance alone , she put some younger actress to shame.

* not her real age
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't think people really think she's hip. It's like some kind of extended punchline that never ends. I don't think any of the love she's been getting from young people for the past few years is genuine.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I don't think people really think she's hip. It's like some kind of extended punchline that never ends. I don't think any of the love she's been getting from young people for the past few years is genuine.
I think you're probably right on this. It's bizarre and a waste really. Something I don't get, and probably never will.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I think she's funny and I've enjoyed her work over the years but its TOTAL overexposure as she's the "surviving" Golden Girl and "she's such a grey haired spitfire, let's plug her into everything we possibly can".

I think her being cast in "The Expendables 2" is too much.
Enough.
Too much is too much.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
I think her being cast in "The Expendables 2" is too much.
Enough.
Too much is too much.
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I did not hear this.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Ditto! Casting a senior citizen in an action film strains credulity. Wait a minute.

Chuck Norris- 72
Sly Stallone - 66
Ahnold - 65
Bruce Willis - 57
Dolph Lundgren - 55

Nevermind.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I laughed at the whole Betty White joke the first few times I heard it sure, but I don't understand how it's still going on.

I also do feel like people are laughing AT her, and not WITH her.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I've long been aware of Betty White's awesomeness since her appearance in Lake Placid.

That was classic stuff right there.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:28 AM
they better make a deadpool movie before she kicks the bucket

Betty White = Blind Al
Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchbox225 View Post
I've long been aware of Betty White's awesomeness since her appearance in Lake Placid.

That was classic stuff right there.
You win this time...Betty White!!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
You gotta be fucking kidding me. I did not hear this.
Was going for the laugh.
She's not in the movie.

Though I DID hear she's lined up for the new Bond film as Bond's love interest.
Gerry Atric.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:10 AM
I like Betty WHite. Meh, theres always a period where a funny star becomes overexposed (Seth Rogen) but IMO if she enjoys doing what she does and people enjoy watching her whats the problem. Laughing at, laughing with... looks like she's embraced whatever it is. Good for her!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Not me. I think it's admirable that she's been able to entertain as long as she has.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah I'm not getting the hate from you guys seriously. She's an old lady who seems to be enjoying life to the fullest and she seems like such a sweetheart.

Betty White is awesome.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I would never get sick of Betty White
She is a excellent actress and there are not many left around her age
Alot have passed away

I think it is great she stil wants to act instead of staying at home and doing nothing
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I hate her. I fucking loath that woman. That said, i fully respect her and hell i give her credit for continuing to go out there and entertain. The fact that people dig her is great and I'm glad she keeps doing it for them.

Deep down inside though i just...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't think I could. She was my favorite of the Golden Girls growing up and I loved her appearances on Boston Legal. I think finding out that she's as old as she is still acting and still doing what she does makes it all the more amazing that the lady is as sharp as she is. Plus I can't help but chuckle every time I see that Funny or Die skit where she disses the crap out of Ryan Reynolds.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Never got the appeal of her.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:37 AM
*bookmarks thread*