#121  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lockard View Post
I'm all for gay marriage. Gay people (or heterosexuals) getting married is affecting no one's lives but their own. Also, the argument that sexual attraction is a choice is not only wrong but useless anyway. Even if being gay was a choice, that wouldn't be grounds to be against it. It's still adults engaging in consensual sex.
Well l have to say there is alot of negativety in this area when a person comes out and says they are gay
At least these days people can talk about it than hide it to a point

years ago you would be able to mention if you were gay or you would be miss treated or bashed for coming out

Like said the only real concerns l have is the children coming into a gay marriage and what the gay people would put in place to help children cope

it is alright if it is two adults going down this path but children have to cope with the change too
  #122  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Are they letting anyone in the Politics forum now?

Goodbye, thought-provoking discourse...
I believe it was opened up to all. You are very negative. Unless you forgot about all the stupid shit that has gone on in this forums over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Great contribution to the topic, obviously you are part of the problem.
Nice. I like you already. You are singing my song man. There are several longtime members that are the problem in this board and all they do is start problems and point fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
I mean it is not their concern who you marry.
OK True that
  #123  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Well all l can say is that if one member or two wants to be negative about this section being open to all that is there problem

Why upset our selfs when everyone else is enjoying themselves regardless

Sometimes if we take notice of these remarks it starts fights so it is better to ingnore posts like this

I feel that you will get more opinions in here now and more people posting about waht they think of the election or other things it is great

i also would like to say that l am learning so much about American politics and if l dont know something it is explained to me
  #124  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm not even sure why there is any debate about whether or not gay people should be "allowed" to get married. Of course they should. If we're going to endorse the institution of marriage, it should be open to all. Anything beyond that is unnecessarily complicating the matter. No need to wait for a time when more people are comfortable with it, just get it over with. That way all of those opposed to it can utilize their amazingly short attention spans to move on to the next thing they're opposed to.

And to whoever compared gay marriage to a person wanting to marry their dog... Hopefully it was in jest, and not in service of actually trying to prove any kind of legitimate point as it concerns this topic, because... Just, wow.
  #125  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Well you are right if gay people want to get married they should be able to do this if this is what they want

Like l said in Australia we do not reconize gay marrige and it has been put through parliment a few times but it has not been passed

I am not sure why they do not want to pass it

But in America there are stated that have passed it and there has not been any problems with it

Well for waht l have seen there hasnt

A debate about Gay marriage is interesting and it is interesting to see who is for it and who is not
  #126  
Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 AM
hello there..

Some countries are based on says that all men are created equal and they all have the right to the pursuit of happiness. It makes me angry when ANY people group is discriminated against by the government and that is exactly what preventing gay marriage is...discrimination. Regardless of anyone's views on homosexuality, EVERYONE has the right to be with the person they love and to have their union recognized. Everyone should also have the right to adopt children and have BOTH parents be their legal parents.
  #127  
Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 AM
Before you all trash me because I'm a Christian, you may want to watch this. Its a one-hour message on the subject of gay marriage, by a Christian apologist named Frank Turek. He believes the Bible, but he doesn't base his arguments on it alone. Here's the links.

Nothing Gay About It: Part 1
Nothing Gay About It: Part 2
Nothing Gay About It: Part 3
Nothing Gay About It: Part 4
Nothing Gay About It: Part 5
Nothing Gay About It: Part 6
  #128  
Old 02-28-2013, 06:05 PM
First: The laws of our land are not based on Biblical law, therefore anything the Bible has to say is irrelevant.

Second: If you are just going to cherry-pick the Bible to determine what is right and wrong, your opinion is invalid as it is just one of many interpretations. If you take an "all or nothing" with the Bible to determine what is right and wrong, which almost no one does, then you are probably crazy.
  #129  
Old 02-28-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
First: The laws of our land are not based on Biblical law, therefore anything the Bible has to say is irrelevant.

Second: If you are just going to cherry-pick the Bible to determine what is right and wrong, your opinion is invalid as it is just one of many interpretations. If you take an "all or nothing" with the Bible to determine what is right and wrong, which almost no one does, then you are probably crazy.
You have no right to tell anyone their opinion is invalid or they are crazy.
Whole religions are based on cherry picking the bible.
  #130  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
You have no right to tell anyone their opinion is invalid or they are crazy.
When it comes to creating the law of the land, I sure as hell can. The United States is a secular government with secular law - Biblical interpretations are irrelevant (First Amendment and all that).
  #131  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
When it comes to creating the law of the land, I sure as hell can. The United States is a secular government with secular law - Biblical interpretations are irrelevant (First Amendment and all that).
There are all kinds of laws and they are set by the people. As long as they do not come in conflict with the higher authority (state, county or fed) people have a right to make any silly law they want. Anal sex is outlawed in how many states? So no , you have no right to tell someone their opinion is invalid. It is amazing how liberals act when someone does not agree with them.
  #132  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
There are all kinds of laws and they are set by the people. As long as they do not come in conflict with the higher authority (state, county or fed) people have a right to make any silly law they want.
You're right. Outlawing gay marriage is a silly law. And just because you can make any silly law you want, doesn't mean its Constitutional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Anal sex is outlawed in how many states?
That would be none:

Through the 20th century, the gradual liberalization of American sexual mores led to the elimination of sodomy laws in most states. During this time, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of sodomy laws in Bowers v. Hardwick in 1986. However, in 2003 the Supreme Court reversed the decision with Lawrence v. Texas, invalidating sodomy laws in the remaining fourteen states (Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Virginia).


Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
So no , you have no right to tell someone their opinion is invalid. It is amazing how liberals act when someone does not agree with them.
If an opinion is stupid and ignorant I have every right to call out the idea of cherry picking laws based on two-thousand year old books written by Bronze Age primitives invalid. There is not one valid reason to outlaw gay marriage that isn't based on religious nonsense.

What I find amazing is the fact that non-liberals seem to think that championing bigotry and peddling ignorance is not only ideal, but a virtue.
  #133  
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Dear me grins Well l believe that everyone has a right to state there opinion on gay marriage l feel also that bringing in the bible doesn't help things some religions are against gay marriage Also in Australia if a gay couple marry in America and bring there marriage back to aus it is not recognized as a proper marriage every year gay people try to get the government to change the law all polition vote and it is never passed our law only recognizes marriage between a man and woman
  #134  
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
you have no right to tell someone their opinion is invalid
Actually, yes Badbird does...you, however, are well within your own rights to think/believe that claim is full of shit (which I'm sure you're doing anyway), ignore what he says, and not acknowledge it.

  #135  
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
There are all kinds of laws and they are set by the people. As long as they do not come in conflict with the higher authority (state, county or fed) people have a right to make any silly law they want.

It is amazing how liberals act when someone does not agree with them.
What you're espousing is actually the quintessential liberal position, which is staggeringly nihilistic and radical in its complete and total denial of intrinsic value. I'm not sure how you reconcile your espousal of liberal relativism with anti-liberalism, though I'm sure you've found a way.

Liberalism is, as Strauss put it, a society that tolerates indefinitely many Weltanschauungen only by virtue of the complete domination of one particular Weltanschauung, i.e. liberalism. Real conservatism as an alternative is based on being modest in your expectation of social change, rooting practices in tradition, and a belief in certain universal natural values which transcend any individual government.
  #136  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Very interesting at least l am getting some information on this liberal thingie l don't understand why you are sometimes anti liberal and use liberal so much but now l am starting to understand a little of the American ways
  #137  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I feel that everyone should have a opinion but only to a certain existent in a lot of topic it can be here or in other threads member can be for and against a subjec that is what makes it fun but you don't ever get to the point of distroying a thread
  #138  
Old 05-02-2013, 11:59 PM
What happened to Bond Girl?????

Good for Rhode Island by passing gay marriage.
  #139  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 AM
It's sad that this has to be done state-by-state, but hopefully all fifty of them will eventually, uniformly do the right thing.


Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
  #140  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM
With the Supreme Court narrowly voting (4-5) to strike down DOMA today comes a huge victory for homosexual couples. It still irritates me though because in what supposed to be the freest nation on the world where all people are created equal and all people are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness something like a simple human right is so hotly debated and contested. I am a staunch supporter of Same-Sex Marriage and I do not believe that any state should be able to deny any couple the right to get married, whether they be gay or straight. I know the religion factor does play a heavy hand in the politics of gay rights. I think that churches should be able to deny Same- Sex couples if they want too. They already do but I do not think a state or the federal government should be able to make ruling on churches have to do, that is just unconstitutional.
  #141  
Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM
No-brainer vote of the year goes to...
  #142  
Old 06-26-2013, 05:27 PM
You know what? All this needs is gifs





















You're welcome.
  #143  
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I like George Takei!
  #144  
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM


But seriously, it's great to finally see this country getting its shit together.
  #145  
Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 AM
So one of the common fears anti-gay people have is that once you make gay marriage the law of the land then churches will be "forced by the government" to perform gay weddings...

The best response I saw on Fark today to that very thought was:

"Are Christian churches forced to marry Jewish people? No. So shut your fucking face."
  #146  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM
lol @ the cover of the New Yorker.
  #147  
Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM

That cover is awesome.
  #148  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
That cover is awesome.
I disagree. Let's refrain from sexualizing puppets from a childrens TV show.
  #149  
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Shoulda told that to pop culture for the last 30 years. And Family Guy. And Avenue Q. And anything that's ever made fun of Sesame Street. And 4chan. And every disgusting hellhole on the internet.
  #150  
Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I disagree. Let's refrain from sexualizing puppets from a childrens TV show.
This is less "sexualized" than Miss Piggy and Kermit are with Miss Piggy always chasing after Kermit to get married. It's an image of two muppets cuddling. Big deal. It's a romantic image, not a sexualized one. I guess we should ban all references to parents having a relationship in any children's media as well then.

Tell me, what could possibly be harmful from a child seeing this image?

And let's not forget that it's the cover of The New Yorker, not some new promo for Sesame Street or The Muppets directed at children.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 06-30-2013 at 01:04 AM..
  #151  
Old 07-01-2013, 05:30 PM
So after getting knocked down twice in one week, the GOP has decided to move on from the gay marriage debate and is really starting to focus on jobs...

Just kidding, they're trying to push a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage (yeah, good luck with that).
  #152  
Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
So after getting knocked down twice in one week, the GOP has decided to move on from the gay marriage debate and is really starting to focus on jobs...

Just kidding, they're trying to push a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage (yeah, good luck with that).
You almost got me there.
  #153  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:54 AM
DOn't you love it. They need to get down to real business. I have no problem with gay marraige. My only caveat is that you can't force churches to perform them if they are against the church's principles.
  #154  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Your caveat isn't happening, so it's not even an issue.
  #155  
Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Just another step towards other so called oppressed people demanding they should be allowed to marry whoever or whatever they please.....
  #156  
Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Just another step towards other so called oppressed people demanding they should be allowed to marry whoever or whatever they please.....


People should be able to marry whoever they want as long as both parties are consenting and of legal age (animals and objects can't consent). It's that simple. It has no impact on you so what's your problem?
  #157  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
It has no impact on you so what's your problem?


IT has impact on everyone in the country. We have to explain this crap to our children. We have to accept as law something that is detrimental to societal structure , our country, and nature itself.
  #158  
Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
IT has impact on everyone in the country. We have to explain this crap to our children. We have to accept as law something that is detrimental to societal structure , our country, and nature itself.
What kind of negative impact? You and many other homophobic groups always rant on about the impact to the country and social structure and blah blah blah but you never explain what exactly that impact is and how it is detrimental.

Also, last I checked, homosexuality is nearly universal across all species. So no, nature is actually quite accepting of homosexuality. Nature has not crumbled due to homosexuality. Species have not gone extinct cause of homosexuality. Homophobia is entirely a human construct. Homosexuality is a completely natural thing. We've had gay marriage in Canada for years now and so have many other countries across the world. Are we crumbling to bits?

I've never understood why so many people think it's their business what other people do with their lives. I'm sure you would be all in an uproar if the government told you your marriage isn't valid and yet you have no problem imposing your viewpoint on the rest of us.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 07-24-2013 at 10:37 PM..
  #159  
Old 07-25-2013, 12:26 AM
JC, it's quite simple. He thinks gays are icky because he's a close-minded bigot. Religion is likely an excuse, though certainly not the real reason.

Arguing with a homophobe who makes the slippery slope "from a consenting, loving adult partner to a horse or children or inanimate objects" argument and complains that equal rights and equal protection under the law for all citizens isn't worth it because he has to "explain crap to his kids" is as productive as arguing with a brick wall. The views come solely from being close-minded and self-involved, so pleading for open-mindedness, a rational argument, or basic human sympathy only falls on deaf ears.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 07-25-2013 at 12:30 AM..
  #160  
Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
We have to explain this crap to our children. .
reminds me of this

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump