Old 07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Official DARK KNIGHT RISES thread!

First Off Very LITTLE spoilers in here but they kind of give the outcome of the Dark Knight.

Well now that we have seen this MASTERPIECE that is The Dark Knight, it is time to think ahead (im assuming 2011) to the sequel. What are your ideas? What should they call it? Who should be in it? and finally WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT JOKER?

I for one think they need the Joker somehow in it, but they need to get someone who is great at it and not a cheap heath ledger impersonator. He needs to be in the movie though because of the ending of this one. Anyway I was talkin to a buddy online and he recomended the next one be The Caped Crusader. Thats not a bad title, any thoughts or suggestions?

Thirdly, I would love to see one or more of the big three villains that they have not done, Catwoman, Riddler, and Penguin, but I would also LOVE to see Deadshot, he would work brilliantly in the Nolan Universe.

Anyway... RIP to the old Dark Knight thread and YIPPY SKIPPY to the birth of the new Batman Anticipation thread (at least til the third gets a title, maybe it can even survive that though.

Last edited by SkyNet; 01-22-2011 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: updating headline with official title of the flick
Old 07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I think Bane would be the best villan for Nolan to try, but alas if the rumors are true I shall be denied my fanboy dream.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthre...11#post2809611

Is this thread insufficient?

This film isn't going to even be released for another three years. You couldn't even wait until the title is announced?

What's going to happen when the title is announced? Make a new one?

Come on.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfather View Post
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthre...11#post2809611

Is this thread insufficient?

This film isn't going to even be released for another three years. You couldn't even wait until the title is announced?

What's going to happen when the title is announced? Make a new one?

Come on.
Damn if you don't like the thread don't click it, it is an upcoming movie forum and the movie is upcoming. Did I miss a guideline stating that it had to be in the next 6 months? I just want to have a little fun talking about ideas for the next sequel.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Some ideas for a villain that might work in Nolan's world..

OR... PERHAPS...

Last edited by dennisv; 07-18-2008 at 03:43 PM..
Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 PM
So many Batman threads... Too many Batman threads.

Hell, isn't there even already a Batman FORUM on this site too? Ugh.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
THE OFFICIAL UNTITLED DARK KNIGHT SEQUEL ANTICIPATION THREAD!!!!

Wow...........really?

Seriously?

Wow.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:25 PM
The Dark Knight Returns would work best, IMO. It will keep up with how Batman is viewed now by Gotham City. I think The Joker should NOT be in the next one. No one will ever come to close with how Ledger portrayed him so he should be talked about at the most.

I want Two-Face again but alas, who knows. He might still be alive *shrugs*

The Mad Hatter was introduced in this so I'm thinking him.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post
Wow...........really?

Seriously?

Wow.

I came here to say the same thing. Literally.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Whoa whoa whoa... where was this??
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM
Sigh. What's with all the complaining about another Batman thread. john_rambo is right; this movie is inevitable and it is upcoming.

I can't imagine how they're going to top the Joker. Whoever is cast as the next villain has some big ass shoes to fill.

As far as what to call it? No idea . . . in fact, I started a thread about the very subject in the Batman forum. Now that I've seen The Dark Knight . . . I still don't have a clue as to what they're going to call it.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Wow, I seriously can't believe there is ALREADY a thread of a new Batman movie, just crazy! Might as well participate though.........

Somewhere I heard the title "The Shadow of the Bat" being thrown around and I always thought that was cool. At the same time I do like the title "The Dark Knight Returns" but then it sounds way too much like "Batman Returns". I kind of like the idea of there being another completely different title name like "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". I hope they keep different title names coming instead of using "returns" or something like that.

How about "The Dark Knight...........Forever"
Old 07-18-2008, 04:52 PM
The Dark Knight... AND ROBIN!!!!

Just kidding

The reason that I started this thread now, is I thought it would be fun to get it from the very beginning. Because after this weekend, we are already going to be hearing all the chatter about the new one, the typical WILL NOLAN BE BACK, the cast rumors, all of that, so I thought it would be fun to capture that from the very beginning. If you do not want to participate, it is easy, just don't, but I think it will be fun to get all this from the very beginning.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:12 PM
With the ending to The Dark Knight . . . I'm pretty sure that Nolan will be back for a third movie. His story of Batman is not finished and I think he, his brother, and David Goyer have a plan for their finale.

But like I said, whoever the villain is . . . they got to beat Ledger's Joker, and that will not be easy.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Didn't the second one just came out today. We been waiting for this movie for years embrace the Dark Knight for at least another day
Old 07-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo69 View Post
Didn't the second one just came out today. We been waiting for this movie for years embrace the Dark Knight for at least another day
The moment's over . . .

Old 07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Where, when, how?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthystevens View Post
Where, when, how?
I believe it was the gentlemen that Harvey Dent slapped down in a chair in a back alley and wanted to know where the Joker was. The guy with the "Rachel Dawes" nametag on his stolen police uniform.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I have no problem with this thread, even though it might be a little early. I do truly dread the day when it's officially in production and we look at our calender's and know its a year away still. I'll never forget that ultimate tease of seeing the first official picture of Heath as the Joker and knowing we had so long to wait...but as I look back and reflect there were a lot of good times to be had during the production of this movie.

As for me, I think Nolan could create a badass version of the Riddler. I'd love to see Hugo Weaving in the role.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't know that much about the Batman comics and am only familiar with the main villains that everybody knows.

After reading this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25681350/ article, I think that Black Mask makes the most sense for the next villain.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I believe it was the gentlemen that Harvey Dent slapped down in a chair in a back alley and wanted to know where the Joker was. The guy with the "Rachel Dawes" nametag on his stolen police uniform.

*SPOILERS*

Awesome. I was really hoping the Mad Hatter would make it into Nolan's Batman universe. Must not have paid attention to the name.

Kick ass.

Last edited by Worthystevens; 07-18-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Old 07-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Quote:
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Just wonderin what makes you think that guy is the Mad Hatter, I am not too privy to Batman comics? Just curious, that would be a cool villain for the series though.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Truthfully, out of the big villians in Batman's Rogue's gallery, Riddler, Mad Hatter and Penguin are the only ones left I can picture Nolan using with his realism obsession. I'd definitely be interested if he used Mad Hatter, especially if he played up the pedophilia angle some of the recent comics have hinted at with him.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_rambo View Post
Just wonderin what makes you think that guy is the Mad Hatter, I am not too privy to Batman comics? Just curious, that would be a cool villain for the series though.
I read it somewhere on these boards . . . at least I think I did. I read it somewhere (I read a lot of movie news). When I read it, I guess I just thought it made sense.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 PM
maybe the wait start now. This thread is a good idea it gives us something to talk about for the next couple of years.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBuff07 View Post
As for me, I think Nolan could create a badass version of the Riddler. I'd love to see Hugo Weaving in the role.
Wow, intriguing. Hugo Weaving could definately own the shit out of that role, but I don't think the Riddler will be a very good main villian after the Joker in TDK. As much as I don't want to see the Joker return I think it is necessary.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Mad Hatter sounds cool to me, and MAYBE The Riddler. My problem with the Riddler is that everytime someone mentions him I think of Jim Carrey in Batman Forever.

Personally, I'd love Bane. However, it'll never happen in Nolans Batman universe. Hell, I can get over it, I'm just still pissed on how misused he was in Batman & Robin.

Honestly, I think Dead Shot would be a cool possibility, even though he was in Gotham Knight (though I'm not sure just how cannon it is considered).
Old 07-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Weaving is actually a really good idea for the Riddler, now that you mentioned it. I also can see how he might work as the villain for the next film, since he is a completely different type of villain from the Joker.

I think the best route to go in the next one is to have a villain that isn't portrayed in a way that reminds others of the Joker, that way it won't seem as if Riddler/Mad Hatter/Dead Shot/Bane/etc. is an attempt to top Joker.

Last edited by FireCaptain4; 07-18-2008 at 06:52 PM..
Old 07-18-2008, 06:49 PM
For some reason I think The Riddler is too close to The Joker. They both play games with their foes and what not. I dunno, just me.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
The villain HAS to match the direction the story is going. In Batman Begins, Batman took on the Gotham City mob. In The Dark Knight, the mob retaliated . . . in the as of yet unnamed third, it should be a "final showdown" of some kind. I think Bane would work better than the Riddler in this case.

But if Nolan could make the Riddler work, I'm all for it.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjohng View Post
For some reason I think The Riddler is too close to The Joker. They both play games with their foes and what not. I dunno, just me.
However, I think both characters go about their mayhem in two completely different fashions. Though I do see what you mean, Riddler has always struck me as a more composed, less frenetic villain than the Joker.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Quote:
The villain HAS to match the direction the story is going. In Batman Begins, Batman took on the Gotham City mob. In The Dark Knight, the mob retaliated . . . in the as of yet unnamed third, it should be a "final showdown" of some kind. I think Bane would work better than the Riddler in this case.

Good points, and that's exactly what I'm hoping for (Bane). But if it goes down in a different direction, I'm all good for it as long as Nolan is still behind it.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Quote:

Penguin would work better than either of them if they're sticking with the mob mentality.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSimen View Post
Penguin would work better than either of them if they're sticking with the mob mentality.
Well . . . I'm not too familiar with Bane's backstory, but I was under the understanding that he was a "thug" hired by the mob to deal with Batman (somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong . . . or better yet, educate my dumb ass).

Now that I think about it . . . both movies in the series have had depth in the villain categories: the League of Shadows/Scarecrow (other than the mob) and obviously the Joker and Two/Face in The Dark Knight. Multiple villains could work in the third.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Well . . . I'm not too familiar with Bane's backstory, but I was under the understanding that he was a "thug" hired by the mob to deal with Batman (somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong . . . or better yet, educate my dumb ass).

Actually, the more I think about it, Bane does work. He basically came to Gotham in order to establish himself the head of the criminal underworld by destroying Batman. (I believe he ended up breaking his back upon his arrival!) So Bane showing up as part of the final showdown would make a lot of sense.

I'd also think that Penguin would also make a great add on to it. He's a character who's pretty much known for having vast amounts of connections in the Gotham criminal underground. And he'd be a great counterpart to The Dark Knight's Joker. Joker is psychotic and chaotic where as Penguin is completely sane, a gentlemen and is very much so a thinker.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Quote:

Now that I think about it . . . both movies in the series have had depth in the villain categories: the League of Shadows/Scarecrow (other than the mob) and obviously the Joker and Two/Face in The Dark Knight. Multiple villains could work in the third.
"An escaped convict from an island prison in South America, Bane has abnormal strength as a result of having had experiments with a derivative of the drug Venom performed on him. He became known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat" when he broke Batman's spinal cord, forcing Bruce Wayne to give up the Batman persona while he recuperated."-- from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bane_%28comics%29

I hope that sheds a little light. Personally, I wasn't a heavy reader of Batman comics and the ones I have read were back when I was in elementary/junior high. However, I've always loved Bane as a villian.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Considering Zeus 'YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT' Lister played the inmate on the ferry, I could see him as Bane. Sure, he sucks at acting, but he is huge and menacing, and wasnt given a name in the movie. Maybe he gets let out of jail and its revealed he's Bane and goes after Batman? Bane is a huge guy who can fuck up Batman easily, and "Deebo" would totally fit that role.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 PM
im so ready for number 3
Old 07-18-2008, 07:43 PM
NO NOT recast the Joker!!! After seeing Heath's performance there is NO way anyone could fill his shoes.

Just have the Joker locked away for good and be done with him...its a sad way to go but its really the only realistic way.

With that being said, the Joker will be almost impossible to top. My choice for a villian is The Riddler and I say get Daniel Day Lewis.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
NO NOT recast the Joker!!! After seeing Heath's performance there is NO way anyone could fill his shoes.
That's the same thing people said about Heath when he was first cast as the Joker. "No one can top Jack's performance, no one should play the Joker!"

Look how that turned out. Seriously, if Nolan WISHES to reuse the Joker, he'll recast them. There's nothing wrong with it and it won't tarnish the movie, nor the character. He did it with Rachel, he can do it with Joker.