Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Characters Who Try and Run from the Hostages

This is slowly becoming a new, yet annoying horror cliche. It's when a group of characters are trapped in a room by the villains. One of the characters thinks its a great idea to try and run from the villains, only for it to turn out very badly for them. I just watched the remake of Mother's Day and face palmed at a point where a character tried to run away. I think one of the funniest was in the remake of Last House on the Left where one of the characters ran into a bathroom and slammed on a window that was at the height of their head and was smaller than the front of a laptop. I'm sure there are others but this is becoming a really annoying cliche.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I hope that you mean "Characters Who Try and Run From the Captors," or that would give this Thread (and apparent cliche) a whole 'nother layer of stupid.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Similarly I find it even more annoying when the hostage has knocked down the villain or has them in a situation where they can easily kill their captors, but instead choose to run instead.

That really bothers me.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Another scenario which has become a cliche over the last few decades... the hostage manages to escape from their captor. They make a frantic dash to the nearest exit. When they throw open the door, there is a helpful stranger right there and the hostage starts blurting out their horrific story. Only to find out... the stranger IS A CO-CONSPIRATOR!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edonline View Post
Another scenario which has become a cliche over the last few decades... the hostage manages to escape from their captor. They make a frantic dash to the nearest exit. When they throw open the door, there is a helpful stranger right there and the hostage starts blurting out their horrific story. Only to find out... the stranger IS A CO-CONSPIRATOR!
Yeah yeah, that one comes up a bit.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 AM
@ 3:17 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o6fDoTToY4
Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Yep.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edonline View Post
I think it annoys me even more when the stranger is listening intently to the freaked out victim and while he's listening, the killer ends up killing the stranger.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I think it annoys me even more when the stranger is listening intently to the freaked out victim and while he's listening, the killer ends up killing the stranger.
I agree I think that one is even more annoying.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
People who run are shite!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I can tell you l hate it when you see a character who is running away from a dagerous person

And that person running scared always fall over
Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 AM
I'm sure it's a primal instinct to just take your chances & run for it when in such a dire situation (trying to understand the stereotypical characters' motives!) but from a viewer/fan standpoint, we all know said characters will be taken down in the process!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I forgot how dumb the wife was.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
I can tell you l hate it when you see a character who is running away from a dagerous person

And that person running scared always fall over
That never seems to fail does it?