Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
check and see if there are any updates available for your player.

If your player is up to date, im not sure... i got mine from Target and watched it last night and it worked perfectly.

I know this is a stupid question, but i must ask: Are you sure you are playing the Blu Ray disc and not the Blu Ray 3D disc??
As it turns out, this was a Best Buy problem. All of their Blu-Ray discs (or at least all of the Blu-Ray discs from Best Buy that I tried) were defective. They gave me a full refund, and I ended up re-purchasing the combo pack at Target instead. The disc works perfectly. Best Buy absolutely sucks sometimes!

Strider
Old 09-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
As it turns out, this was a Best Buy problem. All of their Blu-Ray discs (or at least all of the Blu-Ray discs from Best Buy that I tried) were defective. They gave me a full refund, and I ended up re-purchasing the combo pack at Target instead. The disc works perfectly. Best Buy absolutely sucks sometimes!

Strider
I see you are in the Los Angeles area.. may I ask which Best Buy you went to (So i can try and avoid it)! I got my disc at the Target in North Hollywood.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I got four versions from Best Buy and have had no trouble at all and the family I got them for reports everything is fine. Maybe it was a west coast batch?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 AM
Am I the only one completely unimpressed with the extras on this disc??

15 minutes of deleted scenes (an alt opening and closing are ok, but i am glad they were cut)

a few featurettes totaling less than 20 minutes

I dont listen to audio commentaries (Except the ones on South Park, because they are 5 minutes and absolutely hilarious) so i dont know how good it is, im sure it is good, as Joss Whedon is a funny dude.

But man... on a release like this, couldnt we get a nice comprehensive full length making of documentary that really delves into how this movie was made.

Thank god for that Target Bonus disc, that was quite good, showing how all the movies led to this, only complaint was that it was a Marvel tug fest of a documentary, they didnt go into the first Hulk movie that was a disaster, they didnt address any of the controversy with replacing Ed Norton.. it was a good documentary, but it was obvious who funded it!

But as for the disc specs, completely unimpressed.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Found this on Bestbuy.ca

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Gift Set) (Blu-ray)
$149.99
Release Date: 05/20/2013
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...60584834bden02

5/20 is a Monday. A more realistic date for the USA is 5/21. That is IF this date is correct

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-11-2012 at 04:43 PM..
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Marvel Phase II Teasers Included with 'Phase 1'

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) Blu-ray was originally set for release on September 25th of this year, but was delayed due to a lawsuit over its initial packaging (originally a silver briefcase that proved to be too close to an item offered by a German luggage firm).

It looks like the wait might be worth it, as the set, now scheduled for an April 2nd debut, will contain multiple teasers from Marvel Phase II, including new footage and concept art from Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige made the following statement.

Quote:
" We went back to the editor's assembly of each film and discovered some rare moments that dropped out of the films early on and had not been released on prior discs.

[This will allow fans] to catch the connective tissue that paved the way toward the Avengers assembling. We spent an embarrassing amount of time compiling the 'Shield Files' included in the box set to be sure that each character's file was full of great, movie-accurate props and Easter eggs, which help tie all of the Phase one [Marvel Comics Universe] films together.

[The Phase Two preview will include] footage, concept art, and a few new surprises. Also, look for a nod to Iron Man 3 in the Tony Stark S.H.I.E.L.D. file in the box set."
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) Blu-ray will span from 2008's Iron Man to last summer's Marvel's The Avengers. The discs will still come in a silver briefcase, albeit in a different style, along with a glowing Tesseract cube. The set also includes never-before-seen footage from all six films. The set retails for $216.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/marvel-...-i-blu-ray-set
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM
'Phase 1' update 2: the date of release and price

Get ready for Marvel’s Phase One, take two.

The comic book studio’s 10-disc, 6-movie box set of films, spanning from 2008’s Iron Man to last May’s The Avengers, was put on hold in September due to a lawsuit over its suitcase packaging but now the collectors package (featuring a different case, but the same glowing Tesseract cube) is heading back into stores.

The Blu-ray set will go back on pre-sale later today, for release on April 2, and EW has learned the exclusive details about some of its new components.

Marvel used the downtime to add a showcase of the studio’s upcoming Phase Two slate of movies to Marvel’s Cinematic Universe: Phase One.

And the set will also include deleted scenes from each of the past films, such as this variation on the ending to Thor, with a rooftop Natalie Portman sending out the most long-distance “I miss you” message in history.

“We went back to the editor's assembly of each film and discovered some rare moments that dropped out of the films early on and had not been released on prior discs,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige tells EW.

He said part of the fun of putting together the set was highlighting all the little hidden references they put in the films, allowing fans "to catch the connective tissue that paved the way toward the Avengers assembling."

"We spent an embarrassing amount of time compiling the ‘Shield Files’ included in the box set to be sure that each character's file was full of great, movie-accurate props and Easter eggs, which help tie all of the Phase one [Marvel Comics Universe] films together,” Feige said.

Even more compelling for fans in the $219 set is a chance to look ahead to Marvel’s Phase Two, which starts in May with Iron Man 3 and includes Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and, of course, The Avengers 2.

Obviously, some of those films are closer to completion than others, but Feige was mum about what will actually be included, saying only that the Phase Two preview would include
“footage, concept art, and a few new surprises. Also, look for a nod to Iron Man 3 in the Tony Stark S.H.I.E.L.D. file in the box set.”

As we know from last summer's Comic-Con, there is already test-footage of Ant-Man and concept art from Guardians of the Galaxy, and Marvel still has plenty of time to add more to the collection.

Of course, if this set takes much longer to reach fans, they might be able to include elements of Phase Three.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/2...one-phase-two/

in conclusion:
Name: Marvel’s Cinematic Universe: Phase One
Release date: 4/2/13
SRP: $219

'Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled' includes: a Tony Stark briefcase, glowing Tesseract cube and all the Marvel movies from '08's Iron Man to The Avengers, will now also feature a showcase of the studios upcoming "Phase Two" slate of movies: Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers 2.

(update)
http://marvel.com/news/story/19735/m...one_collection
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50ad0c8c4fcc2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	10981   Click image for larger version

Name:	detail.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	10982  

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-21-2012 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: (update) added the final 'Phase 1' box contents image
Old 11-22-2012, 07:56 PM
barnesandnoble says "4/12/13' @ $186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
The Blu-ray set will go back on pre-sale later today, for release on April 2, and EW has learned the exclusive details about some of its new components.
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled
Director: Joss Whedon
Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth

$186.14(BN.com price)

Available for Pre-Order
This item will be available on April 12, 2013.

Product Details
Release Date: 4/12/2013
UPC: 786936826951
Original Release: 2013
Rating:
Source: Disney
Presentation: Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-...n=786936826951
Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM
ALERT !: Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One confirmed for 4/2 @ $197

Product Details
Actors: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth
Directors: Joe Johnston, Jon Favreau, Joss Whedon, Kenneth Branagh, Louis Leterrier
Writers: Art Marcum, Ashley Miller, Christopher Markus
Format: Box set, Dubbed, Limited Edition, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
Language: English (DTS-HD High Res Audio), French (Unknown), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Subtitles: French, Spanish, English
Dubbed: French, Spanish
Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Number of discs: 10
Rated: PG-13 (Parental Guidance Suggested)
Studio: Walt Disney Video
DVD Release Date: April 2, 2013
List Price: $219
Final price: $197

Special Features

Top-secret Bonus Disc includes:
• “And Then Shawarma After” featurette
• Never-before-seen deleted scenes, extended scenes, featurettes, animatics and more from each film
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia (prop reproductions and artifacts) from the motion pictures.
• Exclusive inside look at Marvel’s Iron Man 3 and other films from Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinemat.../dp/B0083SBMGW
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	marvelphase1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	11021  

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-28-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One (PACKAGE ARTWORK)

Found this image on BestBuy.com:

Current price: $179.99
List Price: $219.00
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	786936826951.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	11787  
Old 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM
So is this going to be in stores at all?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
So is this going to be in stores at all?
I would say "yes"

UPDATE!!!

I just noticed this on BestBuy's website:

Quote:
Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled [10 Discs / Blu-ray] (Blu-ray Disc)
SKU: 5998663 Release Date: 4/2/2013
Rating: PG-13
Release Date: 4/2/2013

Store Pickup: Not Available
I am now leaning towards "NO".. Best Buy will most likely not be carrying them in their stores. If they do. Then expect a maximum of 2-4 units per store (because of the cost of the product). I should mention that the page still says PREORDER. So, I guess anything goes.....

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-28-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah. I saw "not in stores" when I looked a week ago. Hopefully that's just because it's not released yet.

I mean, they did have the huge Lost set and that is of comparbale price/size.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
New Special Features.....

New Special Features:

Iron Man
  • Agent Coulson Intro (01:09)
  • Deleted Scene - Champions (03:06)
  • Animatics (24:50):
    Convoy Attack
    Tony Escapes The Cave
    First Flight
    Dogfight
    Final Battle
  • Pre-Viz (21:57):
    Tony Escapes The Cave
    First Flight
    Gulmira Attack
    Dogfight
    Final Battle
The Incredible Hulk
  • Agent Coulson Intro (00:40)
  • Pre-Viz (22:32):
    Fight At The Bottling Plant
    Fight At The Bottling Plant II
    Cluver University Raid
    Hulk & Betty At The Grotto
    Abomination Alley
    Brawl In Harlem
    Hulk Pre-Viz Test
    Hulk & The Helicopter Pre-Viz Test
Iron Man 2
  • Agent Coulson Intro (01:00)
  • Deleted Scenes:
    Extended Scene - Ivan's Workshop (00:57)
    Pepper & Tony Talk To The Press (05:11)
    Stark Expo - WHIH News Report (00:18)
    Alternate Ending - Whiplash Attacks Pepper At The Expo (03:48)
  • Animatics (14:18):
    Ivan's Apartment
    Battle At Monaco
    House Fight
    Rhodey Delivers The Mark II
  • Pre-Viz (07:35):
    Tony Lands At The Expo
    Final Battle
    Tony Rescues Pepper
Thor
  • Agent Coulson Intro (00:56)
  • Deleted Scenes:
    Alternate Cut - Going to Jotunheim (01:47)
    Asgardians In Puente Antigua (01:35)
    Alternate Ending - Smith Motors (01:39)
  • Animatics (30:21):
    Mjolnir Ceremony
    Battle In Jotunheim
    Battle In Jotunheim - Chase Sequence
    Thor Breaks Into The S.H.I.E.L.D. Camp
    Thor & Loki's Final Battle
Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Agent Coulson Intro (00:56)
  • Animatics (10:20):
    Kruger Chase
    Orbital Bomber Chase
    Captain America vs The Red Skull
Marvel's The Avengers
  • Agent Coulson Intro (00:50)
  • And Then Shawarma After (01:59)
  • Deleted Scenes:
    Barton & Loki Escape (00:24)
    Loki & The Other : Extended Scene (01:21)
    Natasha Hides From Hulk (00:27)
    Cap Saves Family (00:57)
    The Other Tells Loki To Lead (01:10)
    Thor Attacks The Tesseract (00:12)
    Cop & The Waitress: Story Arc (04:15)
  • Animatics (07:10):
    Helicarrier Lift Off
    Mountaintop
    Mark VII Suit Up
  • Pre-Viz (12:15):
    Car Wash
    Helicarrier Lift Off
    Mountaintop
    Mark VII Suit Up
    Final Battle
    Hulk Smashes Loki

http://www.examiner.com/article/apr-...gers-assembled
Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM
sad update :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
I am now leaning towards "NO".. Best Buy will most likely not be carrying them in their stores.
It turns out that 'Phase 1' is NOT CARRIED IN STORES @ Best Buy [where I live].
No other Best Buys in the region have it ether.
So, I am gonna conclude by saying : THIS IS AN "ONLINE ONLY" @ BESTBUY.COM

Last Year. When it was first announced.. I was like: "Yeah! Im gonna get this!"
After seeing IGN's "unbox" video. I am gonna stay way from this UNTILL the price drops from it's Current website price of $179.99..

[update]

Found this on Target's website:
"not sold in stores"

'Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One: Avengers Assembled' CAN NOT BE FOUND on Walmart.com. So, that means: NO

What it seems like to me [as I continue to do research on this] that this item IS
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT VARIOUS WEBSITEs AND IS NOT CARRIED IN ANY RETAIL STORE..

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-02-2013 at 05:44 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 PM
I bought this at FutureShop today. Walked in, and they had a bunch in stock. BestBuy too, although I didn't go there.

They also have a price match policy, so I got it at the Amazon price of $144.

Fantastic set.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I really love that case set (even though that new post-lawsuit case is kind of cheap).

It was fun to figure out the code and how to use that key in the envolope marked "open immediately." I also may be displaying stuff like the Stark Expo ticket stub and the Donald Blake New York Drivers license.

As for the Avengers deleted scenes, they made it a much darker film.

Spoiler:
I had the feeling that they were going for a "Nazi death camp/Auschwitz" vibe in the bank and that this was the second group rounded up to be killed. The eye glasses and watch the waitress found were in ash of human remains. The cop being killed after we get to know him briefly using the gun was also quite harsh. I liked the waitress and cop stuff even though it may have slowed down the pace of the third act.

I can see why they were cut but I like that they gave the invasion more serious threat.

I'm so glad they cut the Loki talking to the alien during the battle stuff. That was quite bad but I did miss the line, "Our warriors are fearless, they welcome a glorious death." I did like the look on Loki's face and his response of "That may actually be the problem."