Old 05-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Need help Metal fans!

The other night I was bored and checking out some music videos on YouTube...mostly to see any new Evanescence vids from their self-titled album from last year.

Anyway I also checked out a couple of videos from Within Temptation...first time I've ever heard them or of them! Why did I not know about this!? Never even heard of Symphonic Metal before a couple nights ago!!! Fucking loved them. Huge fan of female vocalists in general especially ones that soar, or have an anthemic quality. So downloaded 3 Within Temptation's albums: Mother Earth, The Silent Force and The Heart of Everything...been listening to 'em all weekend...amazing stuff! Gonna check out their latest tomorrow probably.

So, what I'm basically asking for is more recommendations in this genre!
Here are some of the ones I'm thinkin' about checkin' out!
Epica, Nightwish, Sirenia and Tarja.
Keep in mind I'm not a fan of gutteral screaming/growling(which I know some of these bands feature)...I want singing damnit!

Oh and if you're not a fan of this genre or think "they all sound the same" save it!

Cheers schmoes!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Well , i am not a big fan of the genre but i like it. You already named the best in my book with Epica, Nightwish , Sirenia.

I could give you some "other" favorites but that's up to your taste ... not saying they are awesome groups but i like these 2 songs very much

Unsun - Whispers

Delain - Frozen Singer is hawt in my book !
Old 06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Delain - Frozen Singer is hawt in my book !
Thanks and yes hot singer is defintely a plus!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Leaves' Eyes (Liv Kristine the lead singer has a beautiful voice)
Xenia

Two of my favourites.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Anyone interested in the harsher end of the symphonic metal spectrum who hasn't heard them already should check out Septicflesh.

Also Emperor. Not really as overtly symphonic as other bands listed here, but they have symphonic elements. And everyone should listen to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk in any case.

Last edited by one_crow_sorrow; 06-02-2012 at 11:48 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_crow_sorrow View Post
Emperor[/URL]. Not really as overtly symphonic as other bands listed here, but they have symphonic elements. And everyone should listen to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk in any case.
Emperor practically perfected symphonic metal..One of the greatest Black metal bands out there
Old 06-16-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd say After Forever, specifically their last self titled album. Floor Jansen would have been a perfect replacement for Tarja in Nightwish.

After Forever - Energize Me