Old 10-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
I have a media center PC hooked to my tv. My father on the other hand does not and has no plans to so I am stuck downloading and burning =/
Well then, make some father-son time by inviting him over to your media center. Always more fun to watch something together!

Anyway, GREAT episode. Very action oriented. However is anybody else just gets taken out of it when they go close combat and the zombies spray out all that blood. You'd think if the virus is in the bloodstream - any contact with blood puts everyone in harms way. And then you have them all covered in blood and they eat with those hands and caress each other... Personally I find that bit distracting for me.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Everyone is already infected. Being sprayed with zombie blood and guts doesn't do anything.

But yeah, eating with walker goop all over you would be gross but it's the least of concerns on the survival totem pole.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
Everyone is already infected. Being sprayed with zombie blood and guts doesn't do anything.
Except if that were true, a zombie bite would be nothing but a flesh wound.

Also, they look each other over for simple scratches etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm crossing my fingers the first two seasons will be on sale on Black Friday for low prices...I really wanna snag them up...
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Spoiler:
Then what's the reason for Rick chopping Hershel's foot ?

Getting bit makes you turn, but having infected blood all over them doesn't do shit? Is this some kind of plot point that's described in the comics, because I haven't read them so this bit of makes me question why they would be careless like that...So to me that's just a plot hole/lazy writing, which takes me, personally, out of what I'm watching.

Last edited by Digifruitella; 10-15-2012 at 07:54 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Except if that were true, a zombie bite would be nothing but a flesh wound.

Also, they look each other over for simple scratches etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
Spoiler:
Then what's the reason for Rick chopping Hershel's foot ?

Getting bit makes you turn, but having infected blood all over them doesn't do shit? Is this some kind of plot point that's described in the comics, because I haven't read them so this bit of makes me question why they would be careless like that...So to me that's just a plot hole/lazy writing, which takes me, personally, out of what I'm watching.
Getting bit doesn't make you turn. It's almost like a whole nother disease. Once bitten, this disease spreads throughout your body. It causes fever and a sickness which eventually leads to death. Once you die, the disease everyone is already infected with kicks in and it's the cause of reanimation.

I don't remember anyone dying from a scratch in the comics (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe the gang is just being extra careful by checking for scratches because they know how severe and fatal a bite can be.

In the show:
Spoiler:
The survivors find out about everyone being infected without having any contact with the walkers when Rick reveals what Jenner told him at the CDC. Rick tells the group in the finale of season 2. If you go back and watch season 2 from the start though, you'll notice Rick is always doing the double tap and going for the headshot even after someone is dead because he knows they'll come back. e.i. Like in the bar with Randall's gang.

In the comic:
Spoiler:
The survivors find out about everyone being infected without having any contact with the walkers when Tyrese's daughter and her boyfriend commit suicide in the prison, and then they come back from the dead.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Getting bit doesn't make you turn. It's almost like a whole nother disease. Once bitten, this disease spreads throughout your body. It causes fever and a sickness which eventually leads to death. Once you die, the disease everyone is already infected with kicks in and it's the cause of reanimation.
In short; they turn.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM
In short; yes.

Bites kill. Humans turn no matter the cause of death. The bite is not the cause of turning.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM
TWD-S3

THE WALKING DEAD-SEASON THREE: Finally, the first series this season that started out with a bang! Well, make that several bangs! HaHaHa! Iíve been reluctant to review any television series this year based on itsí pilot or premiere because of past letdowns like THE KILLING, but THE WALKING DEAD did not disappoint! From the ultra-violent, kick-ass opening sequence prison yard takeover that lasted throughout the first half of the episode, Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and his motley crew sought refuge in a former maximum security facility overrun by a multitude of walkers, as the tension between Rick & Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) over her unborn childís paternity leveled out the playing field on the psychological end of the spectrum, while Maggie (Lauren Cohan) took over as the bad-ass chick of the bunch from a missing Andrea (Laurie Holden), who in a parallel subplot similar to the LOST "Tailies", resurfaced in a seriously ill state as her sword-wielding rescuer Michonne (new cast member Danai Gurira) vowed to protect her during their separate journey to safety. And during the episodeís unbearably suspenseful final act, members of Rickís group stormed the deadly, darkened, claustrophobic prison interior seeking ammunition and medication, which ultimately led to a harrowing showdown with a group of walkers & ended with two superb cliffhangers that left me wanting more! No other series on television flies by like THE WALKING DEAD! My grade for the Season 3 Premiere: A!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 AM
That was a great season premiere. I echo the sentiments of how everyone is so efficient now. Andrea's new friend is great!

About turning into zombies - has anyone actually died from just a bite? I mean, haven't all the bites been fatal so far in that they would kill the person whether they were bit by a zombie or not (biting out the throats and so forth)? EDIT: Oh yeah... I forgot about Jim.

I also don't think anyone is checking for scratches anymore. I think Glenn was just looking for an excuse to touch Maggie. It seemed playful to me. I miss a lot of things though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Spoiler:
I hope Herschal doesn't die.
Figures that you'd like that fucking guy.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 10-16-2012 at 02:18 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Figures that you'd like that fucking guy.
I actually like all of the characters and would be saddened to see any one of them go except for Carol. I don't dislike her, I'm just kind of indifferent on her. She's probably the only one I wouldn't care that much if she were to bite it.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
I actually like all of the characters and would be saddened to see any one of them go except for Carol. I don't dislike her, I'm just kind of indifferent on her. She's probably the only one I wouldn't care that much if she were to bite it.
I understand completely. Carol cried away all of her sympathy for me. She used up here tears cache in the first two seasons whereas other characters like T-Dogg have that stuff in reserves. Every time they focus on Carol, I'm expecting her to cry for any little reason and when she doesn't, I feel as if the writers pulled off some kind of twist. I am glad they made fun of the elephant in the room, which is Darryl hooking up with Carol. My God, that would be the most disturbing scene in a show where a man just watched his own leg get chopped off.

I liked this first episode. Seems like they might be streamlining the story for a change. As long as it keeps moving forward, the show is watchable and entertaining.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
In short; yes.

Bites kill. Humans turn no matter the cause of death. The bite is not the cause of turning.
I think we all know how they turn into zombies from dozens of films, including Romero's - the point I'm making is that they're running around carelessly doing close combat where infected blood is contaminating their skin in all sorts of ways - and that takes me out of the believability, even if just a bit. Yea, we know it's zombies and it's supposed to be entertainment and all that jazz, that however still doesn't fly with me as an explanation. The writers take great deal of effort in carrying on the theme of SURVIVAL in this show, which is something that is all things kind of realistic to our own lives. But when I see them just running around like a bunch of badassess, all close combat hacking up zombies without the least amount of protection around the face, or some kinds of gloves - that to me defeats the entire purpose of the theme.

You can call it a nitpick, or you can call it lazy writing. I pick the latter. Unless, and like I asked earlier - if these sorts of actions are explained in the original comics - like a different spin where ONLY bites turn you into zombies. Cause I haven't read 'em. But for now, it's the only truly glaring thing for me where I just don't buy it. Though I may understand why this 'liberty' is being taken on the part of the show.

And yes, I'm quite aware of the fact that they're all "infected" already.

Last edited by Digifruitella; 10-16-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
It would only matter though if they had open wounds on their skin. If you got blood on your skin, it wouldn't seep into your pores and contaminate your blood, it would just stay on your skin and dry out. Now if they had an open wound, then the blood could get into your blood stream.

As far as I know, they haven't shown anybody with any fresh wounds.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
It would only matter though if they had open wounds on their skin. If you got blood on your skin, it wouldn't seep into your pores and contaminate your blood, it would just stay on your skin and dry out. Now if they had an open wound, then the blood could get into your blood stream.

As far as I know, they haven't shown anybody with any fresh wounds.
What about your nostrils, eyes, mouth - feel me? Then again, I don't remember them ever even showing at least a small scene where they wash off the blood off themselves before they eat food and stuff like that. See, little details like that could be fixed, but they just don't bother. Even once is sufficed.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 AM
I know where Digi is coming from, and it was one of my initial complaints about the writing being inconsistent. Remember when they were masking their smell in around episode 2 or 3? They are taking so many precautions to not get anything on them. Cut ahead to later that episode, or maybe it was the next, and then you have Daryl reusing arrows and all but licking the blood off. It took me out of the story too.

With that said, I think at this point, it's clear that the zombie blood isn't a concern. They haven't come right out and said it, but it seems clear.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
A very solid episode and some great action.

Spoiler:

I actually cheered when Rick chopped the prisoner in the head and took command of the situation. It is a Ricktatorship for sure now. I was hoping he would keep the other two prisoners on as part of his gang but I am sure we will see more of them soon so who knows.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
A very solid episode and some great action.

Spoiler:

I actually cheered when Rick chopped the prisoner in the head and took command of the situation. It is a Ricktatorship for sure now. I was hoping he would keep the other two prisoners on as part of his gang but I am sure we will see more of them soon so who knows.
Spoiler:
There was a great little piece in The Atlantic where they said the show isn't somehow showing Rick's decent into evil, but instead they're just showing him adapting to a situation the way pretty much any of us would. I have to admit I was a little disappointed Rick was as good to the prisoners for as long as he was. There is no way I would have thought twice about letting sex-starved convicts anywhere near four women I was responsible for
Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I ask again - have we ever actually seen anyone die from just a bite and I don't mean a lethal bite, i.e. one that would kill you regardless (to the neck, etc.)? All we ever saw from Jim was a fever and visions.

The series seems to be getting better which each airing for me. I didn't have the S2 issues others had, but probably because I watched them back to back. I could get how waiting week to week would seem boring due to the lack of movement off the farm.

Agreed with what Gordon said about protecting the women.

That little feller is funny. I wonder if Daryl is gonna hook a guy up or if something else will transpire over the potential there.

And yeah, really…

Spoiler:
I dont' know how the self-appointed leader of the prisoners lasted so long. It maybe just shows Rick's kindness but holy hell I wanted to put an arrow through my TV within a few lines of dialogue from that douche. Glad it went the even better route it did, although I was really hoping for a machete beheading. In my own little fantasy world, the head would have rolled across the room and it would have gone a sort of Monty Python/Holy Grail route with that guy still talking smack. What an asshole!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
I liked the episode but I had heard there were many deaths in the episode so I was disappointed that the only deaths that occurred were new characters. I thought for sure Herschal was gonna die and then bite one of his daughters. Or maybe Carol was going to die since someone or something was watching her (probably a walker, but who knows?) outside.

I'm glad the focus next week will be the other story going on. Micchone and Andrea because the show is starting to get a little repetitive this season if they don't start moving the story somewhere.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 AM

Fuckin' discussions... how do they work?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
I liked the episode but I had heard there were many deaths in the episode so I was disappointed that the only deaths that occurred were new characters. I thought for sure Herschal was gonna die and then bite one of his daughters. Or maybe Carol was going to die since someone or something was watching her (probably a walker, but who knows?) outside.

I'm glad the focus next week will be the other story going on. Micchone and Andrea because the show is starting to get a little repetitive this season if they don't start moving the story somewhere.

I figure it was the new character posted in the first post, although I wish it were Micchone, just because she's awesome and I want to know more backstory there (and see them unite with Rick and Co - although I figure there'll be some leadership squirmish there.)

How tripped out is it that Micchone uses walkers as work horses!? It took me awhile to figure out that was what was going on, as I thought it was a replealant or something at first. It also goes to show that walkers can be trained, or at least adapt and evolve, since they seem content, knowing they can't attack her. I've been waiting since S1 for them to start evolving somewhat, as a few seem to be doing that with the climbing thing. I'm waiting for them to figure out doors and hinges. That'd be an "Ohhhhh shhhiiiiiit!" moment.

The episode I saw seemed cut off at the end. Did it end with...

Spoiler:
...Rick telling Lori thanks and just walking off? Or was there more afterwards?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 AM
I guess everyone is out looking for Sophia.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Andrea and Michonne were notably absent from the last episode.

Like the way Rick is getting more apathic as the story unfold. The machete in the head kill was awesome.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:

The episode I saw seemed cut off at the end. Did it end with...

Spoiler:
...Rick telling Lori thanks and just walking off? Or was there more afterwards?

That sounds about right.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Nice episode. The credits popped up before I realized we had not heard a peep from Rick and his crew, it went by real quick.

Quick question, the nerd/scientist guy working for the Governor, is he the love child of John Ritter and skinny Val Kilmer?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I love where this is going. So far this show has been a really entertaining ride, but now they have an opportunity to do something really great with it.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Spoiler:
I'm impressed the Governor is that cold-blooded this early on. Seeing the heads in the tanks at the end was just sick.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:06 PM
In 1990-something, in a preview during the first season of Buffy, they revealed that Angel was a vampire. In a preview. It wasn't until watching the episode that I realized how shocking a moment that would've been, had it not been spoiled by the preview. That happened a couple more times, and it's been over ten years since I swore off previews forever. I will never watch another one, 'cuz marketing people are stupid. They're not gonna lure in new viewers by giving shit away, and anyone who's intrigued by whatever tease they give us was probably already interested enough in the show that they're gonna be watching next week anyway. So it's an endless thing where they keep revealing too much, and people keep tuning in and those dumbasses think wow these previews are working and the viewers keep tuning in despite the previews and so on. So my first commandment of TV-watching is avoid "next week on" at all costs, and I go to great lengths to obey it.

And then shit gets ruined anyway by "previously on." Does that not bother anyone else?
Spoiler:
I can only imagine how cool that moment would've been when I heard Merle's voice and thought "is it is it IS IT?" and then got confirmation. I can only imagine because I already FUCKING KNEW from the "previously on." I have a very short list of folks that instantly elevate a movie or show's stock by their mere presence, including such actors as Brad Dourif, Brendan Gleeson, Christopher Walken (of course), and Michael Fucking Rooker. I could pick that voice out of a lineup. So when he starts talking just out of frame, it probably would have been killer as fuck to realize, and then wonder if I really realized, and then say "oh for sure that's him," and then have it confirmed, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE GODDAMNIT because I knew already. GRRRR. Mad face.

Anyway, that's a subjective complaint and I have nowhere else to voice it, so there. So is this one:

Spoiler:
White guy with a southern accent shows up and says things like "I'll do whatever it takes to protect my land and my people." GEE I wonder if he's gonna turn out to be EVIL? That was my sarcastic voice. As a white guy from the south, I wonder why this stereotype has not been realized as a stereotype yet. That's a whole sociopolitical conversation for another day, but I've had just enough to drink that it seems like a good idea to bring it up right now 'cuz that's what us white southern stereotypes do when we're drunk. Lulz. Fuck you.

But all that aside, back to the show.
Spoiler:
The Daryl / Merle reunion is sure to be legendary. This show likes to say "hey SHOCK fuck you guys this character is DEAD NOW" before said character reaches the end of their arc, but I really hope they see how stupid that would be in this case. Daryl / Merle HAS to happen, for the sake of all that is good and zombie. It would be awesome if Daryl ended up putting an arrow through his own brother's brain in the name of his newfound decency and sense of community and all-around Daryl-ness.

Anyway, in conclusion, Hershel pwns. I don't see how anyone can not like that guy. I've learned from the internet that there's apparently some sort of religious stigma attached to him or some shit, but I'm a proactive atheist and I think he's pwn as fuck. Maybe it's the beard. Anyway WAR HERSHEL!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM
That was a very good episode. Much better than the first two IMO. IMO, they should have combined the first two episodes into one and then have this episode. And I have a feeling that The Governor will end up being a really great villain. David Morrisey was excellent. He'll be a great foe for Rick!

Also, Merle was actually pretty cool in last night's episode as oppose to his season 1 appearances where I found his character to be really annoying.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm glad I didn't read the comics, that ending was much more impactful for me. I love it.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I'm glad I didn't read the comics, that ending was much more impactful for me. I love it.
I didn't read the comics either, but I know of certain events. I know enough that this season, if it stays true to events in the comic, will be a really brutal and awesome season.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Ah okay, so I was onto something with the zombie repellent. I thought it was, then convinced myself it was something else but last night I had some confirmation. I'm glad for this thread giving me a chance to discuss it and get some input from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
And then shit gets ruined anyway by "previously on." Does that not bother anyone else?
It bothered me too. "Previously on"s can often give away what's going to happen but that's the first time I've seen them give away something that I think could have been a big surprise. You're right that it would have had some impact for fans.

On top of that, was there even any purpose at all in showing that "previously on"? I mean, anyone who hasn't been watching the show wouldn't have been left in the dark with him reappearing since it was all explained anyway. They could have had some scenes with you-know-who pissed off about it, without needing to show everything. As far as I can see, it really served little purpose aside from ruining a potential surprise. (although I had accidentally caught somewhere that he was going to be returning at some point, I didn't know how)

Quote:
Spoiler:
White guy with a southern accent shows up and says things like "I'll do whatever it takes to protect my land and my people." GEE I wonder if he's gonna turn out to be EVIL?
I think you're going overboard here. The show is set in the south, so everyone is southern - probably the most evil characters introduced so far have been from the northeast. And didn't Rick pretty much said exactly that one way or another in the prison episode. Didn't Hershel say something like that?

Quote:
Anyway, in conclusion, Hershel pwns. I don't see how anyone can not like that guy. I've learned from the internet that there's apparently some sort of religious stigma attached to him or some shit, but I'm a proactive atheist and I think he's pwn as fuck. Maybe it's the beard. Anyway WAR HERSHEL!
I didn't like Hershel because he was a big square. He was my second least favorite character next to Dale. Maybe I'm an agist but those two guys, the only purpose they served was to be like piss in a nice cocktail. I only liked Hershel less than Dale because of that time he got really drunk. Then he was awesome. Yeah, all Dale ever did was stand around looking bug-eyed, and all Hershel did was stand around looking like a puckered up sour puss. Except drunk Hershel. They could have given drunk Hershel his own spin-off. I say I "didn't" like Hershel because he's been pretty cool now that they left the farm and he isn't all worried about protecting his land and his people. He's been especially cool now that all he does is lay down and moan and scream. They should still get him drunk again.

But I think I was the only one here who hinted at a dislike for Hershel. Most here seem to like him, and he's ilovemovies favorite character on the show. ilovemovies doesn't seem to pay attention to any other character. He isn't even sure what goes on with Rick and Lori but if you mention Hershel, he's quick to respond.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm gonna make me and ilovemovies a "Team Hershel" t-shirt. But here's the thing about thing I said about the governor thing: I oversimplified with the southern accent bit, 'cuz yeah they all have them and they're all absolutely god-awful. It's the attitude. Everyone knows exactly what attitude that is typifying, and by defining it I will devalue it. So I won't. I am one of those people, I have circumnavigated the globe, and that is all subjective and bleh who fucking cares, I KNOW. It just irks me that today (meaning past John McClane or so), there is no Governor who's a good guy. Rick is conflicted and all that horseshit, that's what drove the first two seasons, and that's why everyone's all HOORAY finally Rick's awesome! But if he'd been presented that way initially, he'd have been Shane. Anyway, fuck Shane, and fuck Rick too, TEAM HERSHEL, is what I'm getting at.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm still not totally following what archetype or trope you're talking about. I see Governor and Shane very differently. Does Hershel fall into this group? John McClane? Can you give me some other characters from other movies or shows who are like this? I was thinking Sawyer from Lost, but that guy looked out for himself. He's more like the Daryl of this show, complete with nicknames for everyone.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:

But I think I was the only one here who hinted at a dislike for Hershel. Most here seem to like him, and he's ilovemovies favorite character on the show. ilovemovies doesn't seem to pay attention to any other character. He isn't even sure what goes on with Rick and Lori but if you mention Hershel, he's quick to respond.

I must be loosing my mind, because I can't ever recall saying that Herschal was my favorite character!

Before this season, I always thought the most interesting and well written character was Shane. But now that he's gone, I'd probably say Rick is my favorite. Watching the dehumanization of him thus far has definitely been very compelling to watch. I think The Governor could become a favorite of mine in time as well. He's definitely very intriguing. And the actor who plays him is doing a hell of a job.

I find it kind of funny that you mention Dale and Herschal as your least favorite characters. Because I always thought Dale was the moral center of the group and when he died, Herschal kind of, in a way, became that.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:05 AM
Okay, the Governor is John Wayne. I have a swagger, I believe in myself and that will occasionally lead me to fuck up and kill the wrong person, but in my heart I'm trying to do what's best. That's obviously not the Governor, but that's the version I wish ANYONE would present. We don't get that. We've never seen that. Any time someone looks like they might be that person, it's immediately obvious that they are EVIL. Sawyer was none of the above, he's the Han Solo ruffian that every culture loves, but America has come to despise our own embodiment and I hate us for that. I've just now realized upon typing that sentence how ironic that is, but whatevs. This is why Walter White is the ultimate American imo, we got shafted somewhere and lost our way and become more than we every set out to be but we're awesome at it and rule and pwn the hell out of everything.

Hershel is awesome because he's honestly good, outside of all other factors. He just wants to do the right thing. He doesn't want to be cool, he isn't and never will be cool, and he'll never have John Wayne swagger, but he's GOOD. And John McClane's just awesome 'cuz he's John McClane.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
I was thinking Sawyer from Lost, but that guy looked out for himself. He's more like the Daryl of this show, complete with nicknames for everyone.
That's how Sawyer started out as. But he grew and evolved to become a leader who cared about everybody and became selfless. Although he slightly regressed after Juliet's death, but he's still definitely a changed person. Not just about himself anymore.

Chillingworth's Han Solo comparison is actually a good one since he had a somewhat similar arch as well.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm still confused. What exactly is the governor's motivation for being such a dick?
Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:

I must be loosing my mind, because I can't ever recall saying that Herschal was my favorite character!

Before this season, I always thought the most interesting and well written character was Shane. But now that he's gone, I'd probably say Rick is my favorite. Watching the dehumanization of him thus far has definitely been very compelling to watch. I think The Governor could become a favorite of mine in time as well. He's definitely very intriguing. And the actor who plays him is doing a hell of a job.

I find it kind of funny that you mention Dale and Herschal as your least favorite characters. Because I always thought Dale was the moral center of the group and when he died, Herschal kind of, in a way, became that.
Nah man, you are all Hershel this and Hershel that! You can't turn back now and say he's not your favorite.

I just give Dale and Hershel a hard time. Both of them are flip sides of the same dad that wouldn't let you smoke a doob in the basement. They worry too much and try to make everyone follow their worrying ways. And go figures they get bit. Hahahaha. All that worrying doesn't do much good in the zombie apocalypse. That's why I wasn't a fan. They're cool and all, as guys I'd probably go camping with, or on a road trip with; I'd probably paint a house with them. Really though, they are major buzzkills.

Neither of those guys would be fun to talk to before taking their daughters out on a date. Especially after you just burned on in their basement. In a show where people are either killing zombies or talking, they were the least enjoyable characters for me. Again though, Hershel has been much cooler after all his pet zombies got massacred, his drinking binge, farm got burned down... He's really loosened up. And I'm sure if Dale had stuck around, he'd have loosened up a bit more too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingworth View Post
Okay, the Governor is John Wayne. I have a swagger, I believe in myself and that will occasionally lead me to fuck up and kill the wrong person, but in my heart I'm trying to do what's best. That's obviously not the Governor, but that's the version I wish ANYONE would present. We don't get that. We've never seen that. Any time someone looks like they might be that person, it's immediately obvious that they are EVIL. Sawyer was none of the above, he's the Han Solo ruffian that every culture loves, but America has come to despise our own embodiment and I hate us for that. I've just now realized upon typing that sentence how ironic that is, but whatevs. This is why Walter White is the ultimate American imo, we got shafted somewhere and lost our way and become more than we every set out to be but we're awesome at it and rule and pwn the hell out of everything.

Hershel is awesome because he's honestly good, outside of all other factors. He just wants to do the right thing. He doesn't want to be cool, he isn't and never will be cool, and he'll never have John Wayne swagger, but he's GOOD. And John McClane's just awesome 'cuz he's John McClane.
Everything you described is Rick. Maybe it's the swagger part I'm not getting though - when I picture swagger I picture the promos of Walking Dead with Rick walking down i-75 (or whatever road that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm still confused. What exactly is the governor's motivation for being such a dick?
He seems to be something of a socio, maybe even psychopath. On one hand he says that Governor is just a nickname, but then he refuses to give his real name. Either he's hiding a past or he really, really into himself.