#121  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Actually they do ... she came a long way from being the useless abused wife in season 1 to performing test c-section on a zombie corpse.

Granted i haven't seen episode 5 yet ( It's TIVO'd and i'll watch it just before tomorrow's episode 6 )

The bandana just tells me she fled .... T-Dagw's sacrifice was not in vain ! She'll be back in a couple of episodes.

And since we make blind wagers ... 10$ Andrea will end up as Rick's next lover
Yeah, Carol's more useful than she was, no doubt, but her character isn't that memorable or likeable. She really doesn't add that much to the show and if everyone on here made a list of what characters they liked from most likeable to least likeable, my guess is that she would end up near the bottom on most of them.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I think they made the Carol arc exactly so she'd be more memorable because not much was happening with her last season.

My most likeable character is Glenn BTW.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Did anyone see Sarah Silverman on Talking Dead? Holy shit she's smoking hot. Does she even age at all?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok... I'll be the first to say it... what in the flying fark was the deal with

Spoiler:
The guy in the log cabin... that was so random and out of place I don't even know what to think.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 AM
That guy in the cabin's name, on the credits, is "Plot Device." That might not be true, but it should. It was a way for Mitrione to work as part of the team and everyone was firing on the same cylinder before we as viewers even realized it, it was good character development but yeah horribly awkward and shoe-horned in. The Rick/Carol scene was incredibly well done, another small moment that other shows should learn from. What's-her-face getting naked was cool, it was one of those moments that took me outside of the show and made me wish this was on a premium channel. Because boobs.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Another great episode. I'm really loving this season.

Did anyone else get a kick out of the John Carpenter-ish music at the end?
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Best moment: cutting from the zombies munching on cabin man to ""Brought to you by KFC. Come in today and taste why fresh is better."
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Best moment: cutting from the zombies munching on cabin man to ""Brought to you by KFC. Come in today and taste why fresh is better."
Almost as good as the rapish scene to Chris Hardwick giving the twitter hashtag transition.

That one was just awkward.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 11-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Glenn got the best zombie kill EVER this week !
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM

Ready for the midseason finale tonight....doubt its as good as season 2's but we'll see!
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I couldn't help myself and read some spoilers on semi accident today about this weeks episode.

I think those who are comic book fans are really going to enjoy this episode.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 PM
No love for that midseason finale, huh? Now that's some shameful shit right there.

First of all, Morrissey killed that big scene at the end, and really sold the fact that The Governor - THE Governor, in full-on comic book monster mode - was now calling the shots. Gave me chills. Loved it.

Second of all - TYREESE! Cutty gonna have to smack a zombie bitch? I hope Coleman sticks around for a while, though. I'll only actively start fearing for his safety with the introduction of the next black male character.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm WAY behind on this show. I seriously need to catch up. The last one I saw was Lori's death. Fortunately, with the show now on break, I have plenty of time to catch up.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Walking Dead Season 3, so far, is one of the best seasons of any TV show I've seen in a long, long time. Engaging to the max and emotionally bitch-slapping.

I'm loving how they are adapting the comics here, throwing off homages ("I can bring you his hand"), shaking things up with the order of how they happen in the comics but never leaving off the juiciest bits. The mid season finale is a treat for the readers of Walking Dead, satisfying like hell.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Man,
Spoiler:
I have as high of a threshold for movie violence as is humanly possible, and I never get unhappy about violence in the media type nonsense, but I have to admit I think it's pretty staggering that they allow AMC to televise a show in primetime that has a guy with a shard of glass through his eyesocket crying over the body of his sword-through-mouth doubly killed walking corpse eight year old daughter. I mean, they can show that but in the same episode they could never say the word fuck or show a tit for fear of being indecent? Absurd.

Last edited by Gordon; 12-04-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Man,
Spoiler:
I have as high of a threshold for movie violence as is humanly possible, and I never get unhappy about violence in the media type nonsense, but I have to admit I think it's pretty staggering that they allow AMC to televise a show in primetime that has a guy with a shard of glass through his eyesocket crying over the body of his sword-through-mouth doubly killed walking corpse eight year old daughter. I mean, they can show that but in the same episode they could never say the word fuck or show a tit for fear of being indecent? Absurd.

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Well the show has some really horrible glaring writing problems unfortunately, but still manages to be a really entertaining mid season finale where the good outweighs the bad. Basically the show has a character problem. Almost ever single one of it's characters are annoying and stupid to the point where I have to pick up my jaw off the floor at the terrible decisions they make every episode.

Michonne... I am not sure if they are trying to make us hate her, but talk about the dumbest most frustrating character of the show. Holy crap, you could fix all your problems by a single sentence to Andrea letting her know what's going on.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Man,
Spoiler:
I have as high of a threshold for movie violence as is humanly possible, and I never get unhappy about violence in the media type nonsense, but I have to admit I think it's pretty staggering that they allow AMC to televise a show in primetime that has a guy with a shard of glass through his eyesocket crying over the body of his sword-through-mouth doubly killed walking corpse eight year old daughter. I mean, they can show that but in the same episode they could never say the word fuck or show a tit for fear of being indecent? Absurd.
It's cable, they can do whatever they want. Nobody is "letting" AMC do or not do anything. It's no different than playing porn on Cinemax or violence on HBO.

Violence is pertinent to the show, showing tits is not.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It's cable, they can do whatever they want. Nobody is "letting" AMC do or not do anything. It's no different than playing porn on Cinemax or violence on HBO.

Violence is pertinent to the show, showing tits is not.
But it is true that AMC often mute out swears, take for example Breaking Bad and Mad Men.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
But it is true that AMC often mute out swears, take for example Breaking Bad and Mad Men.
I don't watch those shows, but it seems pretty silly to write swear words only to bleep them out lol.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It's cable, they can do whatever they want. Nobody is "letting" AMC do or not do anything. It's no different than playing porn on Cinemax or violence on HBO.

Violence is pertinent to the show, showing tits is not.
No, there are decency standards. AMC is not the same as Cinemax or HBO because those are specifically premium channels, whereas AMC is a basic cable channel. Basic cable is still subject to rules and regulations for decency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I don't watch those shows, but it seems pretty silly to write swear words only to bleep them out lol.
They write them because they think it's pivotal to the show or the story they're telling and they will be included as uncensored on the DVD releases. However on primetime in basic cable they cannot legally air the word fuck.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I don't watch those shows, but it seems pretty silly to write swear words only to bleep them out lol.

WHAT?...you don't watch BB and MM ,what the fuck dude? lol.

I recommend you do.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Man shoots girlfriend over 'Walking Dead' argument

Quote:
A Williston Park man who police said shot his girlfriend in the back with a rifle Monday after a heated argument over the television show "The Walking Dead" told authorities he was annoyed that she came to his apartment to smooth things over.

In a statement to police, Jared M. Gurman, 26, said he told his girlfriend, Jessica Gelderman, 27, also of Williston Park, to leave.

"Jess walked into the room and I fired the gun once and hit her," Gurman said. "She said, 'Oh my God. What did you do?' "

A single round from a .22-caliber semiautomatic rifle pierced Gelderman's lung and diaphragm, and shattered her ribs, said Nassau Det. Lt. Raymond Cote, commander of the Third Squad.

Police said Gurman drove his girlfriend to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, where he was arrested. As of late Tuesday, police said, Gelderman was in stable condition with the bullet still in her body.

At Gurman's arraignment Tuesday in First District Court in Hempstead, his attorney, Edward L. Lieberman, of Garden City, entered a not guilty plea on behalf of his client, but outside court he acknowledged that Gurman unintentionally shot his girlfriend.

"The rifle went off accidentally," Lieberman said.

Gurman, of 516 Marcellus Rd., was arraigned on one count of second-degree attempted murder. Nassau District Court Judge Valerie Alexander ordered him jailed without bail.

Gurman and Gelderman, who had been dating for 31/2 years, went out Sunday night when they began arguing about the show, an AMC thriller featuring zombies in a post-apocalyptic world, Cote said.

"I just know that he felt very adamant that there could be some type of military mishap that would result in some sort of virus or something being released that could cause terrible things to happen," Cote said.

Gelderman, Cote said, thought her boyfriend's belief was absurd.

"She felt that it was ridiculous," Cote said.

The argument escalated, police said, and Gelderman decided not to spend the night at Gurman's apartment and instead went to her parents' home.

Later, the two continued arguing through text messages, Cote said. Gelderman became concerned because Gurman had become so agitated, police said, and went to his apartment to try and calm him down.

When Gelderman showed up, Gurman told police he was sitting on the stairs holding his rifle.

"She tried to defuse the situation and calm him down and told him, 'Let's just go to bed,' " Cote said.

Gurman pointed the rifle and fired one round into the middle of Gelderman's back as she climbed the stairs, police said.
LINK:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/c...ment-1.4289872
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
WHAT?...you don't watch BB and MM ,what the fuck dude? lol.

I recommend you do.
I know... I really need to get on that one of these days lol. I don't really watch much TV though and I am scared to start watching new ones because I will get addicted and lose even more of my evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
No, there are decency standards. AMC is not the same as Cinemax or HBO because those are specifically premium channels, whereas AMC is a basic cable channel. Basic cable is still subject to rules and regulations for decency.



They write them because they think it's pivotal to the show or the story they're telling and they will be included as uncensored on the DVD releases. However on primetime in basic cable they cannot legally air the word fuck.
The only difference between HBO and AMC is that AMC has sponsors they are trying to please.

Any cable channel can legally say cuss words if they were so inclined. Chris Hardwick cusses all the time on Talking Dead. Comedy Central ran a South Park episode where they said Shit like a hundred times or something. They also cuss on some FX shows. The only reason they generally avoid it is sponsors.

If it's not going over the airwaves aka "public property", the FCC is not involved.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:41 AM
^^That's not right. The FCC has jurisdiction over cable and satellite. I'm pretty sure anything that qualifies as mass communication through radio or TV.

From what I remember, the FCC changed a lot of its rules after Janet Jackson's titty and that particular South Park episode was taking advantage of some of the loop holes in the way their rules were written. Maybe I'm thinking of one where they kept dropping the F-bomb, however. Whatever the case, they seem to have different rules for pay television than they do for over the air broadcasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Well the show has some really horrible glaring writing problems unfortunately, but still manages to be a really entertaining mid season finale where the good outweighs the bad. Basically the show has a character problem. Almost ever single one of it's characters are annoying and stupid to the point where I have to pick up my jaw off the floor at the terrible decisions they make every episode.

Michonne... I am not sure if they are trying to make us hate her, but talk about the dumbest most frustrating character of the show. Holy crap, you could fix all your problems by a single sentence to Andrea letting her know what's going on.
I'm glad someone else brings this up. It's like soap opera writing and I've noticed this is becoming common in a lot of shows, even high caliber ones. I recently started watching American Horror Story (which, as an aside, I think takes the cake in terms of "lewd" content) and it's the same thing you see on shows like 90210. It's like farce, but a drama instead of comedy.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I am just getting this from the FCC website:

Quote:
With respect to cable and satellite services, Congress has charged the Commission with enforcing the statutory prohibition against airing indecent programming "by means of radio communications." The Commission has historically interpreted this restriction to apply to radio and television broadcasters, and has never extended it to cover cable operators. In addition, because cable and satellite services are subscription-based, viewers of these services have greater control over the programming content that comes into their homes, whereas broadcast content traditionally has been available to any member of the public with a radio or television.
Everything else I have read says the same thing. Where are you guys getting your information?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I am just getting this from the FCC website:

Everything else I have read says the same thing. Where are you guys getting your information?

My apologies for saying you're wrong on that one. I thought they did have regulation over all that. Don't they dictate some kind of control of cable, if not decency standards? I thought all this stuff was standardized in some form or another and it was the FCC that had their foot in it. There's gotta be some reason it's set up so uniformly. Providers?
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Where are you guys getting your information?

For the sake of continuing a discussion, as I said in my l(a/o)st response, the FCC does regulate pay TV, if not their decency standards…

Quote:
Beginning Thursday, the Federal Communications Commission is barring broadcasters and pay TV providers from airing excessively loud commercials, saying ads must maintain the "same average volume" as the programs they accompany.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/13/showbi...html?hpt=hp_c2
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM
I am not happy to have to wait til February to see what's going to happen to Daryl! He's my favorite!

I love this show. And this season is the best!!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
freaking mid-season break ..... it feels like you are getting a blowjob but then midway , the girl says "oh got to go , be back to finish it next month! "


Aaarggggh !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
great poster


imo that redneck convict is sooooo dead .... trying to bang an underaged teen then commenting to Carol : " i thought you were a lesbian "

1st one to go lol
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Daryl's cool, but I don't LOVE him like everyone else seems to. Michonne is probably my favourite character. Her and Glen I think.

Anyway, just saw the first 8 episodes of this 3rd Season a coupla days ago and it's good stuff! Looking forward to seeing what happens next month!
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:27 PM
(Obvious spoilers below)




Good episode to start the second half of the season last night. Can't say I blame Daryl for going with Merle, since blood is thicker than water overall. I'm not sure what to think about Rick losing his shit at the end of the show though.... Pretty weird how Glen's been treating Maggie as well. But it's more a case of "I'm the man, you got violated & I know how to protect you" like Steve Yeun was explaining on The Talking Dead show last night. Which makes sense, even though it's still a bit awkward.

Anyway I look forward to more each week!
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Rick losing it has been building up since he's been hallucinating for a while now. First with Lori in the phone and then seeing Shane at Woodbury.

I think Daryl and Merle will eventually rejoin the group especially if The Governor retaliates which I'm sure he will.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Rick losing it has been building up since he's been hallucinating for a while now. First with Lori in the phone and then seeing Shane at Woodbury.

I think Daryl and Merle will eventually rejoin the group especially if The Governor retaliates which I'm sure he will.
I think you're right. It's gonna be one helluva dichotomy if Merle joins the group. They'll haveta write a scenario where everyone's about to die & he saves all their asses or something! That's the only way I could see everyone accepting him into the fold!
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Good episode. My only issue was the timing of the illusion was obviously just a plot staller. It would make too much sense for Tyrese to join the group right away with no issue since it's pretty obvious he is a genuinely good guy. so they found a cheap way to push the issue down the road.

Also, I am starting to think Andrew Lincoln might need to tone it down a little.

Aside from that another quality episode.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
Also, I am starting to think Andrew Lincoln might need to tone it down a little.
You think he's over-acting? Is it his acting or is it the writing?
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
You think he's over-acting? Is it his acting or is it the writing?
I think it's the directing. I do agree that Andrew Lincoln should probably dial it down a little but I also think it's probably the way he's being directed.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM

I've come to accept lack of depth and subtlety as something inherit with The Walking Dead, but if the writers can't manage to at least curb the repetitiveness and monotony on this show...

For instance, Rick handling the meeting with Tyreese and company - kill them, let them go, or bring them into the group? Those are the three options, and like it did in the first part of this season, it played out ( as far as it's gotten, anyway) almost exactly the same. It's boring. Does anyone actually think that they'd introduce this group only to have Rick give them the boot at this juncture? Or, at least, anyone with half a brain in their head, I should say. No, but since they need Rick to reject this new group (for whatever reason), they have him hallucinate and see Lori - problem solved (even though we had already been led to believe that hs issues had been resolved once already...).

And the writing... Merle just kind of blurts out that Andrea is at Woodbury, and Michonne scowls when Rock asks her about it; Rick also kinda' just tells Carol that Daryl left; etc. it's like they're attempting to relay these plot points in the most boring way possible - no drama comes from any of it (although Carol had what was easily her best episode last night). That's kind of unforgivable in a show that is clearly meant to be about the characters.

Andrea at Woodbury... Why is she such an important citizen all of a sudden? By my clock, she's been there a little over a week, possibly two, and she 's delivering motivational speeches to an incredibly unconvincing set of town extras? Why? Why does she even decide to stay in Woodbury, knowing how crazy the Governor is? It makes no sense.

The creative staff have failed at the most basic of levels - show, don't tell. Everything is relegated to shitty dialogue, instead of through the actions of the characters. What it actually takes for a character on this show to be considered fleshed out is kind of laughable, and with the writer of Ghost Rider 2 on board as the LEAD CREATIVE FORCE behind the show going forward, the future doesn't look to bright. Or at least, not as bright and shiny as that brand spankin' new Hyundai the group travels in.

TellTale's writers should take over for the current writing staff - including Kirkman - in season four. They did an amazing job fleshing out a relatively similar number of characters over a shorter period of time, even if every character wasn't likable (Ben and Larry, in particular).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump