Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Sorry Jack, Chucky's back.....and going straight-to-video. :(

From Moviehole.Net:

Quote:
Video killed the reboot restart…

No longer a rumour, Universal Home Entertainment have slapped the acidic size D’s back into the possessed doll Chucky, signing off on a plan to do a fifth sequel to 1988′s “Child’s Play”.
“Curse of Chucky”, which will be written, directed and produced by Chucky conceiver and recurring franchise director Don Mancini, will begin shooting in Winnipeg, Canada in September.

In this new film, which is being produced for DVD, Chucky arrives to wreck havoc within a family that’s regrouped for a funeral. In the wake of her mother’s passing, a young woman – in a wheelchair since birth – is forced to put up with her sister, brother-in-law, niece and their nanny as they say their goodbyes to mother. When people start turning up dead, the fearless Nica discovers the culprit might be a “strange doll” she was sent a couple of days earlier.

Unlike the last couple of “Chucky” movies, while there will be humour, there’s a lot more emphasis here on making the series scary again – so this’ll be a throwback to the first three “Child’s Play” movies. (Interestingly enough, a reboot of the series has been in development which also encompassed a slightly darker, more frightening tone, suggesting we’ll likely never see another campy ‘Chucky’ flick again.)

Brad Dourif is, of course, back to voice the role of the killer doll. He’s lent his lungs – and briefly, face – to every “Child’s Play” thus far. So thankfully, Uni aren’t saving coin and bringing in Jake Busey or Frank Stallone to speak into a mic. Dourif is Chuck.

Main characters in the film include heroine Nica; Barb, Nica’s older sister, a manipulative, controlling cow that nags her handsome husband Ian and 5-year-old daughter Alice; and Jill, the “smokin’ hot” nanny that’s sleeping with Ian. There’s also fun supporting characters like a meddling priest, who will come face-to-cross with Chucky, and of course, the deceased woman, mother Sarah. But, as I said, it’s Chucky who takes king credit – he’s who we want to see, and by golly, sounds like he’s back to his murderous ways.

As I said, this is a return to ‘nasty’ Chucky – the scary little son-of-a-bitch that leaves nobody standing around to get their shits and giggles as two plastic dolls play hide the plastic cabana via silhouette (in fact, the film completely skips over the last couple of sequels, essentially taking place after “Child’s Play 3″ – so there’s no Jennifer Tilly, sorry kids!). There’s a big-ass knife, and by golly, Chucky’s gonna use it – and in the most graphic of ways. There’s some very disturbing slaughter scenes planned for the flick.

It sounds like this is going to be a dead-on scary flick, and encompasses oodles more gore than the laugh-centric “Bride of Chucky” and “Seed of Chucky” had in them (not hard, I guess!?), that’ll hopefully mend Chucky’s reputation as a meltable bitch from a box.

Huh. Well, at least we're getting a new Chucky movie. Not thrilled about him going straight-to-video, though (which means a lower budget, which means the puppet effects won't be as good.) Also I really love Tiff (and Glenn) but it'll be cool to see Chucky going solo for the first time in years. And it's good to know creator Don Mancini is writing and directing.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:36 PM

Just reading this announcement really makes me feel that this
Spoiler:

led to this projects downfall. Exactly why you don't hire shit filmmakers with valuable projects.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
You may very well be right. They totally dropped the ball with the "Nightmare" remake....sucks too, because a GOOD remake would've been badass.

Chucky is way too iconic of a movie monster to go STV, in my opinion.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 AM
Not sure what to make of this. It's directed byDon Mancini who previously directed Seed of Chucky which is the absolute worst of the Chucky movies. I thought Bride of Chucky was a good mix of comedy and horror but Seed of Chucky forgot about the horror part and just made the movie too silly.

On the other hand, I like that they are going back to the darker tone of the original. On the other hand, I HATE that this is going straight to dvd. But, I'm also thankful that it's not a friggin' reboot.

I think I'll keep my expectations low, to be on the safe side though.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Curse of Chucky Promo Shows Off Effing Tagline

ahoo! conducted an interview with writer-director Don Mancini about the Chucky/Child's Play legacy and, within this video chat, a Curse of Chucky promo was spotted showing off the sequel's tagline. Don't take the artwork as anything official because, as you'll see, it's really nothing more than an old shot of the killer doll that has been used for promo materials in the past.

Head inside for a look at both the interview and art (culled from Bleeding Cool* - thanks, fellas).

In Curse of Chucky, Nica (Fiona Dourif) is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb (Danielle Bisutti) arrives with her young family in tow to help settle their mother's affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nica's plans for the future, Barb's young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may hold the key to the bloodshed. What she doesn't know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. He's determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time he's going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.

Look for Curse of Chucky on DVD and Blu-ray in late 2013.
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...effing-tagline

*http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...astic-tagline/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	curse_of_chucky_promo.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	10933