Old 02-26-2013, 02:18 PM
The movie was Garbage.

Oliver Stone's talent isn't in directing that's fore sure. Thank god his involvement in Scarface was small or he would have found a way to fuck that up to.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
The movie was Garbage.

Oliver Stone's talent isn't in directing that's fore sure. Thank god his involvement in Scarface was small or he would have found a way to fuck that up to.
WOW! That second part is not fair. It is fair to say Stone lost all his talent years ago, but at one point he was awesome. Maybe he should go back to the well and make a Vietnam movie.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah, it might argue that he's past his prime. But how can anyone who has seen Platoon, Wall Street, JFK, Any Given Sunday and Born on the Fourth of July say that his talent is not in directing?

I would also add World Trade Center to that list, but not everyone loves that movie.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Yeah, it might argue that he's past his prime. But how can anyone who has seen Platoon, Wall Street, JFK, Any Given Sunday and Born on the Fourth of July say that his talent is not in directing?

I would also add World Trade Center to that list, but not everyone loves that movie.
I would like to know why more people don't give Any Given Sunday its proper credit? It is never listed as a great sports movie and it turns out to be more true everyday. I really like this movie and entertaining.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I would like to know why more people don't give Any Given Sunday its proper credit? It is never listed as a great sports movie and it turns out to be more true everyday. I really like this movie and entertaining.
I actually agree about Any Given Sunday, awesome fucking flick. Us agreeing on something is perhaps makes it all the more awesome.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I could easily make a case that AGS is my favorite Stone film...