#161  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
I believe that atheists don't believe in God because they just don't want to admit that their is a higher power and feel science has all the answers
Why I can't talk to religious people 25 words or less. I say the same thing about Liberals. Funny though that many liberals or not religious. There should be a party for moderates like me. Maybe I should join Scientology. They seem moderate.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I hate to bring up old news but, that's the insult you made in The Dark Knight Rises' thread.

If I add nothing but insults and negativity to a thread where I'm told by a person who most likely hasn't read the book they are blindly following then telling people like me (atheist) are just a group of liars and foolish individuals who all really just don't believe in God because we like to piss off Christians, then I don't have respect for you. All too often people like you get mixed up with the idea you have the right to your opinion and the right to believe whatever you want, and people--outside of those beliefs--are suppose to respect your beliefs, this is not the case. I don't have to respect the idea humans are only 4,000 years old, we originated from two single organisms, and a caring and loving God created us in a matter of seven days when he wipes out the Earth and burns cities to the ground. I simply respect their right to believe such nonsense.
Because two wrongs make a right in your world. And you do, because you can't prove what you say either, so no one is totally right or wrong.

It is also my opinion that people who buy tickets ahead of time to a movie that will be playing everyday on multiple screens for weeks should get a life. If you are insulted, I am sorry. You can say people who do whatever I like to do to get a life. It is fine with me. I think people who get high all the time should get a life also. It is not an insult. I think I had said that if people buy tickets ahead of time are stupid and if that is correct, then I was wrong, because that is insulting. Just adding a picture insulting someone is insulting and also against the rules.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
You didn't answer his question.
He hasn't answered a single one yet.

I did alittle digging into his profile: 19 and from Alabama. Not surprised...

It's weird though. He goes on about how religion and the bible are the truth, yet he ignores the tenets that prohibit lust.

His own status:

Quote:
"The Amazing Spider-Man made me realize how hot Emma Stone is. Damn!"
His profile pictures:





He's lusting for more than one woman!

His god won't be pleased about that.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
He hasn't answered a single one yet.

I did alittle digging into his profile: 19 and from Alabama. Not surprised...

It's weird though. He goes on about how religion and the bible are the truth, yet he ignores the tenets that prohibit lust.

His own status:



His profile pictures:





He's lusting for more than one woman!

His god won't be pleased about that.
What are ya talkin bout dude everyone knows Bama, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas and Oklahoma have the smartest people in em.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
I am not from Alabama. I tried to change that on y profile but it wouldn't let me. I am from Maryland.

BTW I didn't know that it wasn't to like girls because I am a God fearing man?
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
I am not from Alabama. I tried to change that on y profile but it wouldn't let me. I am from Maryland.

BTW I didn't know that it wasn't to like girls because I am a God fearing man?
Just curious, do you actually live in fear of God or is that just a figure of speech and you feel you have to be a good person or it is hell for you?
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Because two wrongs make a right in your world. And you do, because you can't prove what you say either, so no one is totally right or wrong.
So I guess the Big Bang and evolutionary biology are just formulated assumptions and not scientific theories backed by multiple types of evidence, okay.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
So I guess the Big Bang and evolutionary biology are just formulated assumptions and not scientific theories backed by multiple types of evidence, okay.
I agree with you, but science is and does change over time. What we know as fact today might change with new information. There are also a whole bunch of things that happen that science can't figure out or prove that religious people use as the basis of their points. You seem to be the polar opposite of Filmmaker. Neither one of you will give an inch. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Just curious, do you actually live in fear of God or is that just a figure of speech and you feel you have to be a good person or it is hell for you?
Anyone with common sense knew what I meant. Then again this is the same person who thinks I am a former member.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
Anyone with common sense knew what I meant. Then again this is the same person who thinks I am a former member.
Never sure with you religious folk. Common sense seems to escape religion. But like Jesus, if you are a former member, you have risen again.

Last edited by Erroneous; 07-10-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Hardly. By saying I was hungover, I was extending an olive branch as a means to lighten the mood and preface that I was going to be saying stuff that may sound unusual in comparison to what's been stated so far -- Essentially main stream philosophical questions surrounding the invalidity of god's existence.
Lighten up. I was obviously making a joke as well. Not to mention I didn't make any sense of what you said. I don't do philosophical stuff, at least with regard to the existence of god(s). The concept of god to me is no different than that of Santa Clause or leprechauns.

Also: WTF happened to this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Aaaaaaand we're done here.

Thanks for playing! When you start resorting to name calling and blatant insults, you lose the right to discuss the topic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump