Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Anderson Cooper, "I am gay."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D175188

Quote:
"I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. Iím not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist."

"Itís become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something - something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true. Iíve also been reminded recently that while as a society we are moving toward greater inclusion and equality for all people, the tide of history only advances when people make themselves fully visible."
Good for you Anderson! There are litterally millions of women who are sad today and saying, "Why are all the good ones gay?" I will say he looks a lot older than 45 and more than just the white hair. Does it matter that he is gay? Not to me.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:47 PM
It never mattered to open-minded people ( is that liberal in the US ? confused lol ) or Canadians but the fact of the matter is that he was coming more and more under fire from the extreme right-wing. Mostly the religious ones trying to undermine everything he's accomplished as a reporter because he is gay.

Him being gay wasn't a secret to anyone althought he never said it publicly before but saying he is was just his way of saying "STFU and listen to my reports because they are honest & i have nothing to hide to bigoted people"

As a Canadian , actually french-canadian from Quebec and believe me we are worst , i'm happy for all the controversy around it .... it puts the US around the same place Canada was 40 years ago.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:39 PM

Well only a couple of days ago l seen this on tv

I think these days it is okay to open up and say you are gayand get it over with

I am sure there was not a huge reaction to this
Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Huh. I was under the impression that he's always been out. I always thought he was gay and I thought that was common knowledge. Kind of surprised to find out that he's only coming out know.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Huh. I was under the impression that he's always been out. I always thought he was gay and I thought that was common knowledge. Kind of surprised to find out that he's only coming out know.
He's not really "coming out". He's always been out. But to him it's a non-issue and he didn't tell the whole world because it just plain doesn't matter. His friends, family and co-workers have always known, though.

I think it's too bad. I used to think he was charming, cute, funny and charming.
But now that he's gay it's like "OMG the world's ended!"
(not)
Old 07-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Yeah. Let's all give him a standing ovation because he's coming out. Who cares... really?

I don't
Old 07-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Yeah. Let's all give him a standing ovation because he's coming out. Who cares... really?

I don't
Nobody's giving him a standing ovation, Mr. Rush-to-be-contrarian.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:

I don't
Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:

I don't
Who is giving him a standing ovation? Must have missed that.