#81  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
of cause it doesnt change what happened years ago but you and other african Americans need to look at the future instead of talking about what happened in the past

It is not only the black americans who suffered through things

Look at the jewish people and look at what ahppened tot them in World War 2 and how they were treated and killed for being Jewish


look at the Middleeast at the moment on how people there are fighting each other and when you get rid of one dictator he is replaced with another
Look at the Aborigines and gow they were treated
I could go on and on about waht is happening in some palces and people are getting killed or there children watching there parents get shot or worse

I think we need to look at what we have now instead of going back in history all the time blaming one person or another it wont change what happened
They are all wrongdoings and never will be forgotten. Not like the Germans tell the Jews to "move on".
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 AM
"Chink in the armor"
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
No you quoted a line from American History X and then the monologue from the 25th Hour. You don't even know the movies that you quoted.

Stop quoting lines that you don't know where they are from or even what they mean. You failed to bring up that both times Edwad Norton's characters realized that they were either wrong or just pissed off at himself.
Quoting The Social Network "Opps"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
The first line he quoted is actually from 25th Hour, from the monologue. It's very similar to a line in American History X.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
Well I guess that line is from the 25th hour.

Either way it is foolish to quote that and try to make it seem like it is good grounds to say to stop talking about slavery. He only went on that rant because he was mad that he was going to jail.

Like I said, white people don't have the right to be racially offended. Not that is really happens outside of America or Canada anyway. It doesn't changes the years of oppression that African Americans were faced with in this country.
I am sorry, but you could not be more wrong. I am not goign to try to explain it and waste my time. You are not going to change your mind or read history and learn the truth.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I stand corrected, there was a similar line in both movies. As for being rude, I don't ever recall intentionally trying to insult you. If I ever said anything that offended you, I'm truly sorry. All I know is that in my 10 years of posting on these forums, I've never been contacted by a mod for disrespectful behavior.
OK I forgive you. We are friends now. If I have ever offended you, I am sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
White people don't have a history of being oppressed and enslaved. That is what I am getting at. America has always catered to white people first.
People (whites included) have been enslaved since the beginning of time.

Last edited by bantameant; 07-10-2012 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Insulting, don't want to remove the entire thread.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
They are all wrongdoings and never will be forgotten. Not like the Germans tell the Jews to "move on".
Jews did not need anyone to tell them to move on. They just did. They started their own country in a land that no one wanted until they moved in. They have to fight in order to stay there, because the other people in that area do not want them to live. They moved all over the world and succeeded. That includes the Orthodox ones that stick out every bit as much as African Americans. I never hear Jews complain about 2000 years of slavery they dealth with unless it is in a joke. You don't see them use that like a crutch why they can't they their shit together. I am not ammune that black people have it harder, because of the color of their skin, but you don't see American Muslims and Indian (India and American Indians) complain all the time about how they are treated in this country. They just go out and become doctors and buy every gas station and 7 11nd succeed. I am not saying African Americans are not succeeding, but I feel it is wrong to keep holding onto slavery and use it as an excuse all the time. I am not saying forget, but you don't need to bring it up and keep it in your back pocket like some ace to play. We all know slavery happened (not unlike some people think the holocaust never happened) and all about all the injustices African American have had to deal with and it is truly sad, but I believe in my heart of heart martin luther king jr if he were alive today would tell you all to move on and up.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
We have evolved as a collective group. We used to be about 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, and then a subgroup reckoned whether it should be 6 degrees of Christian Slater. Now we have realized, that it is 6 degrees of Edward Norton. Not just movies, but REAL FUCKING LIFE!!!

This, my fellow folks, is why these discussions are important.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
We have evolved as a collective group. We used to be about 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, and then a subgroup reckoned whether it should be 6 degrees of Christian Slater. Now we have realized, that it is 6 degrees of Edward Norton. Not just movies, but REAL FUCKING LIFE!!!

This, my fellow folks, is why these discussions are important.
LOL You always make me smile. thank you
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post


I am sorry, but you could not be more wrong. I am not goign to try to explain it and waste my time. You are not going to change your mind or read history and learn the truth.
Perhaps because you know you are wrong? I read history which why I know you CAN'T forget about slavery. That is the point of learning about history. To not repeat the mistakes of the past.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post

Dude, you have no fucking idea what the fuck you are talking about. People (whites included) have been enslaved since the beginning of time.

[/QUOTE]

Okay were white people enslaved in the USA?

Last edited by Flimmaker1473; 07-10-2012 at 12:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Double post! Sorry.

Last edited by Flimmaker1473; 07-10-2012 at 01:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Perhaps because you know you are wrong?


Okay were white people enslaved in the USA?[/QUOTE]

Think globally man. Expand your mind.

I have to admit, I am naughty. I could have used this against you a long time ago, but I enjoyed this conversation. Now click the links or read the quote and do your own research. I consider this matter to be closed now and you have been proven not to know much about history other than what you were taught in high school and tv. Just say that you had no idea and I am right and go about your day.

http://bobsblahblahblogs.blogspot.co...story-out.html
Quote:
The White “freights” transported across the Atlantic took nine to twelve weeks of travel. They were cramped below the deck of the ship and prone to experience outbreaks of contagious diseases which often results in the loss of half of the human cargo. Also, before leaving the port from England, they are given food rations that are supposed to last up until the entire journey. Because the amount of food issued was usually inadequate than not, many starved to death before reaching their destination. And if a person dies half-way across the journey, the surviving family members had to shoulder the deceased fare including their own. Usually, travelers start their journey with sufficient funds to pay their way only to be overcharged when they arrive thereby causing them more money to owe and longer serving time with their new masters. Soon as they arrive at the port of entry, Whites were auctioned on the block with children, men and women separated from each other. Black slaves cost more than the White slaves. Between 1609 until the early 1800s, two-thirds of all the White colonists who came to the New World came as slaves who cleared the forests, drained the swamps, built the roads, sweated in the fields, and died in hellish factories. Since they have no rights, fugitive slave laws applied to them when ever they flee their masters. Black slaves were often not used beyond the limits of human endurance because they are expensive compared to the White slaves of Britain considered to be its unwanted “surplus population thus so easily expendable.
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottenslaves.html


The book to read I spoke of earlier
http://www.amazon.com/White-Cargo-Fo.../dp/0814742963

Watch you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvo7eVI_eIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yextpoQw-w4
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post

Think globally man. Expand your mind.

I have to admit, I am naughty. I could have used this against you a long time ago, but I enjoyed this conversation. Now click the links or read the quote and do your own research. I consider this matter to be closed now and you have been proven not to know much about history other than what you were taught in high school and tv. Just say that you had no idea and I am right and go about your day.

http://bobsblahblahblogs.blogspot.co...story-out.html


http://www.revisionisthistory.org/forgottenslaves.html


The book to read I spoke of earlier
http://www.amazon.com/White-Cargo-Fo.../dp/0814742963

Watch you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvo7eVI_eIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yextpoQw-w4
I never said that white people weren't enslaved in other countries. I am quite aware of that. Big this debate was stemmed from a comment about Independence day. Not the rest of the world.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
I never said that white people weren't enslaved in other countries. I am quite aware of that. Big this debate was stemmed from a comment about Independence day. Not the rest of the world.
Click the links man. Stop being lazy. The last one is from a black man talking about white slavery in America.

FYI There is still slavery going on today. Mostly in Asian and Latin households, but it is still happening today.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
With the exception of the Irish and some Italians, most white people don't have a history of being physically or institutionally discriminated against in this country. There's a historical basis for most kinds of harmful language or stereotypes. This doesn't really exist for white people.

This is what Chris Rock is getting at. Our ancestors had completely different experiences from one another. The idea that there's some singular "American Experience" is a complete falsehood. This is a country of immigrants, and when in history has there ever been an immigrant experience that was a totally smooth and seamless transition?
I understand the basis of the joke, but to say that white people can't be racially offended because of something that some with similar skin color were part of (and many of them ENDED) nearly 150 years ago is so incredibly idiotic, so horrifically stupid, and so horrendously uninformed, that I worry about Flimmaker1473 leaving his group home without a helmet on lest he damage the insignificant, miniscule, and practically nonexistent handful of brain cells he has left swimming around in that hot air balloon / septic tank of a skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
White people don't have a history of being oppressed and enslaved. That is what I am getting at. America has always catered to white people first.
However, that's not the case today, and to say that white people have no right to be offended because of what the ancestors of some may have done is racist. How about if I said that blacks have no right to complain about slavery since most slaves were shipped here by other African tribes? Slavery was not just a blacks vs. whites thing.

Last edited by magjournal; 07-10-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I understand the basis of the joke, but to say that white people can't be racially offended because of something that some with similar skin color were part of (and many of them ENDED) nearly 150 years ago is so incredibly idiotic, so horrifically stupid, and so horrendously uninformed, that I worry about Flimmaker1473 leaving his group home without a helmet on lest he damage the insignificant, miniscule, and practically nonexistent handful of brain cells he has left swimming around in that hot air balloon / septic tank of a skull..
While being funny, that is not nice, man. I will admit I read it twice and laughed both times, but that it still not nice.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Click the links man. Stop being lazy. The last one is from a black man talking about white slavery in America.

FYI There is still slavery going on today. Mostly in Asian and Latin households, but it is still happening today.
I am talking about the USA!
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
However, that's not the case today, and to say that white people have no right to be offended because of what the ancestors of some may have done is racist. How about if I said that blacks have no right to complain about slavery since most slaves were shipped here by other African tribes? Slavery was not just a blacks vs. whites thing.
While the country is better. There is still racism. White people are till the favored race. If there is a job and it is between me and a white guy, the white guy gets it nine times out of ten.

The correct term is reserve racism. And do we say Jews have no right to complain because they should have went to Isreal sooner?

In this country slavery IS a black v.s white thing.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
I am talking about the USA!
click the links. They are about the USA. Jesus Christ. Just admit you are wrong. It wont kill you.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
While the country is better. There is still racism. White people are till the favored race. If there is a job and it is between me and a white guy, the white guy gets it nine times out of ten.

The correct term is reserve racism. And do we say Jews have no right to complain because they should have went to Isreal sooner?

In this country slavery IS a black v.s white thing.
Not 9 out of 10 anymore. affirmative action.
Very short sighted of you to ignore asians and latins who are still experiencing slavery as we type. Everything is not about you you you
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I can see understand all sides. My fiancée is white, and he sometimes remarks to me how tired her is of blacks complaining about slavery.It's hard for me because growing up Dominican and looking black, I got the side eye from everyone. Racist white, black, and Hispanic people. Everyone is racist, really. In general, the lighter your skin, the "better" you are, not just in the U.S. It just harder coming from white people, because of the imbalance of power. Plus, it's hard to get over it when you've been profiled in some way.Here in the South, things have progressed a lot more slowly in terms of better race relations. Plus being honest black people are still recouping from the civil rights era, which was not too long ago. Many older black people still call younger white people ma'am and sir down here. I think it's hard for some black people to get out of that mindset, especially when many people are not up front about their racism, and then surprise you with it. My best friend in high school's parent's were fine abot me sleeping over at their house every night, but if I was a boy ai could never date their daughter.Anyways, I can see how people can have a hard time being bitter depending on their circumstances. One thing that always made me feel better was my dad telling me that when he was growing up in New York the Irish had to sit in the back of the bus, while the Italians sat in the front. People are idiots in every color, really
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRbeauty View Post
I can see understand all sides. My fiancée is white, and he sometimes remarks to me how tired her is of blacks complaining about slavery.It's hard for me because growing up Dominican and looking black, I got the side eye from everyone. Racist white, black, and Hispanic people. Everyone is racist, really. In general, the lighter your skin, the "better" you are, not just in the U.S. It just harder coming from white people, because of the imbalance of power. Plus, it's hard to get over it when you've been profiled in some way.Here in the South, things have progressed a lot more slowly in terms of better race relations. Plus being honest black people are still recouping from the civil rights era, which was not too long ago. Many older black people still call younger white people ma'am and sir down here. I think it's hard for some black people to get out of that mindset, especially when many people are not up front about their racism, and then surprise you with it. My best friend in high school's parent's were fine abot me sleeping over at their house every night, but if I was a boy ai could never date their daughter.Anyways, I can see how people can have a hard time being bitter depending on their circumstances. One thing that always made me feel better was my dad telling me that when he was growing up in New York the Irish had to sit in the back of the bus, while the Italians sat in the front. People are idiots in every color, really
Well said. But would your friend's parents let you date her as a girl? hmmmm
Also, when the Italians first came to America, they were discriminated against as well. Every new incoming culture experienced it. The mafia grew out of the Italian stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Jesus Christ. Just admit you are wrong. It wont kill you.
He might be wrong,
but you're Erroneous.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Well said. But would your friend's parents let you date her as a girl? hmmmm
Also, when the Italians first came to America, they were discriminated against as well. Every new incoming culture experienced it. The mafia grew out of the Italian stuff.
Ha! Fuck no! they were fundamentalists, and if there was one thing that's worse than being black, it's being a queer. Little do they know we used to watch porn together and fool around. Hahahahaha!My first of many lesbian trysts. Ahhh memories! Yes you are defintely right. I think the Native Americans have it the worst really. They lost their country, then were reduced to a paltry sum. Plus they live on shity reservations with few prospects outside of gambling and professional alcoholism. I always feel uncomfortable celebrating Thanksgiving, but then the food is put in front of my face, and how quickly I forget. Shame
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately cruelty is a lot like gossip. We don't have the patience to hear the same line over and over again. Sean Penn agrees. I can probably understand an amount of Erroneous' frustration with history, exempting the definable historical difference between black immigrants and other immigrants (black immigrants having less immigrated here than shipped here as slaves against their will). I suppose it could be frustrating when slavery gets referenced as the base of the issue, because as an issue, it can't be solved. It already happened. Putting aside some absurdity in having this conversation because of Chris Rock's tweet, I would like to think someone frustrated with their impression of outspoken voices about black culture is frustrated in part because nobody wants any people to feel entitled to victimization. It's unhealthy for those in question and it's unproductive for society as a whole, and to make matters worse, it doesn't seem particularly hard to convince anyone they are being persecuted in the first place.

Being white, I have a limited deck of anecdotes for these things (and unconvincing ones at that), but I have known a few fellow pales who moved to other countries for extended durations and experienced varying degrees of prejudice? or maybe racism? or maybe culture clash? In both Mexico, China and Japan my bros have encountered a fair number of hoes whose misters and mammas disapproved of dating someone outside the culture/race/ethnicity, and in China someone encountered some issues with employment. Yes, I'm very white. Ahem. Before you wonder why I said "both" despite listing three countries, I just want to acknowledge I know these anecdotes are distant from anything resembling a reflection of stateside black culture / white culture. They are just illustrations. I'm sure I would shrug off xenophobia in japan because our countries have a pretty decent relationship and acknowledgement of each others' cultures. I also wasn't raised in an environment where Pearl Harbor was nurtured to be any kind of vilifying, perpetual symbol of disdain Japanese have for Americans (anymore than Hiroshima and Nagasaki have been nurtured in Japan as any kind of vilifying perpetual symbol of disdain Americans have for Japanese). I don't know why some atrocities stick in our eternal character and some don't. Maybe it lies in the difference between Here and Over There, when slavery happened here, by us, and some parts of black culture have the impression of prejudice in their own home, where they were born, and not some other country.

We can argue about the legitimacy of another person's life experience all we want (and that's not to say this is a meaningless argument), but it still comes down to whether or not our life experience matches a stranger's, whether or not we have the authority to denounce theirs. I have a life experience that suggests my country is most prejudicial towards the poor in poverty - more so than any particular race, religion, affiliation. Although certain people seem to have proclivities for poverty, suggesting a shared issue.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyCelestial View Post
He might be wrong,
but you're Erroneous.
Haha.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
While the country is better. There is still racism. White people are till the favored race. If there is a job and it is between me and a white guy, the white guy gets it nine times out of ten.

The correct term is reserve racism. And do we say Jews have no right to complain because they should have went to Isreal sooner?

In this country slavery IS a black v.s white thing.
Can you read? Slaves were SOLD TO US BY OTHER AFRICANS. It's not just a black versus white thing. There are a lot of other factors, but if you wanna look at the world the way a six-year-old might, then be my guest.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
Can you read? Slaves were SOLD TO US BY OTHER AFRICANS. It's not just a black versus white thing. There are a lot of other factors, but if you wanna look at the world the way a six-year-old might, then be my guest.
Don't you think I know that? Why did African kings do it? Because of the White man!

You are trying to basically say "oh don't be too hard on the white man for the past sins of this country". Fact of the matter is blacks, Asians, and Hispanics have been oppressed by the white man. And even still are today.

You are the one looking at the world like a six year old. I see the world for what it is: a fucked up place that has seen too much white supremacy.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Don't be hard on the MODERN white man. I'm white and I'm fairly certain that I didn't do jack-shit to any blacks.

Slavery ended 150 years ago. No one has owned slaves since 1865. Get over yourself. The only thing holding YOU back is your ignorance towards the world. Face it, you're a racist. I love that you're racist because it's hysterical, but you're a total racist.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I am not a racist at all LMAO. My girlfriend is white (I have only had one black girlfriend) most of my friends are white as well.

What you fail to get is just because it happened so long ago doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug. And it is foolish to think that is country still doesn't cater to white people. No offense at all but you are white so you will never truly understand.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
What a great post Shinigami! I too feel uncomfortable comparing my ethinicity's history against another. Who owns suffering, really? I think it's equally as horrible to have been lynched by KKK members as to have been gassed to death by nazis. I could understand people being offended by the joke because it makes people uncomfortable, but at the same time people need their feelings validated in order to heal.That's important. What he said was true, that's what makes people upset, but I think it's more damaging when people don't acknowledge wrongdoing and pain. Then people can't move on and let ago, and it is true that we must be reminded, so that we can remember not to slip back into old habits. Of course it doesn't give anyone an excuse not to move on and adapt, but it helps when people are. Any one of my friends black, Asian, white whatever knows they can bitch to me about racism because I know everyone's an asshole. Racism, religious fanaticism, ageism, whatever. All symptoms of the same disease. "I'm better than you but I'm really just a cocksucker"
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
I am not a racist at all LMAO. My girlfriend is white (I have only had one black girlfriend) most of my friends are white as well.

What you fail to get is just because it happened so long ago doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug. And it is foolish to think that is country still doesn't cater to white people. No offense at all but you are white so you will never truly understand.
I'm not saying it should be swept under the rug. Obviously it's a large and shameful part of American history. However, I don't think I should personally feel bad about it (not as a white man and not as an American), nor do I think that I have no right to ever be offended by something racial.

But of course, you think I will never understand because of my race. Please, tell me about how hard your life as a slave was.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Magjournal, I completely agree that you shouldn't feel bad at all, but I must say from my experience as a Dominican, bisexual woman. If you continually receive some sort of disparity whatever it is? for most of your life, it does make life pretty hard to deal with. All I ever heard from my parents are that since your Hispanic and black and a girl, you have to be that much smarter and well behaved then every one else, Especially white kids. Every minority with parents who give a shit heads that. Now they're puertorican who are very light skinned who could pass for white. Anyways, sometimes the pressure of trying to be better to earn respect is very hard to handle. I did well for myself because Thor them teaching me the value of hard work and education, but I almost cracked under the pressure. Luckily when I moved out on my own I found adult relaxation techniques that help me cope so much better
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRbeauty View Post
Magjournal, I completely agree that you shouldn't feel bad at all, but I must say from my experience as a Dominican, bisexual woman. If you continually receive some sort of disparity whatever it is? for most of your life, it does make life pretty hard to deal with. All I ever heard from my parents are that since your Hispanic and black and a girl, you have to be that much smarter and well behaved then every one else, Especially white kids. Every minority with parents who give a shit heads that. Now they're puertorican who are very light skinned who could pass for white. Anyways, sometimes the pressure of trying to be better to earn respect is very hard to handle. I did well for myself because Thor them teaching me the value of hard work and education, but I almost cracked under the pressure. Luckily when I moved out on my own I found adult relaxation techniques that help me cope so much better


Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
They are all wrongdoings and never will be forgotten. Not like the Germans tell the Jews to "move on".
Well it is true there have been alot of wrong doings with how people have been treated from the Black africans to the jewish people and so on

Even in the Middle east at the moment people keep fighting

You would think we would learn from our past on how we have treated people but we dont

I sometimes wonder why we dont learn from past actions and keep hurting or killing each other
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post


Do you have a problem with her Norse religion?
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
Perhaps because you know you are wrong? I read history which why I know you CAN'T forget about slavery. That is the point of learning about history. To not repeat the mistakes of the past.




Okay were white people enslaved in the USA?[/QUOTE]
Okay lets go back to world war 2

You can correct me if l am wrong

But wasnt the japanese and germans put into camps in America because at that time you couldnt trust them with all the war that was going on

But they were not treated as badly as the men who went to war and were POWs and l can tell you they were treated bad in that time
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 PM
If the sex trade got as much attention as slavery from 200 years ago, we'd be a much more progressive world.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Well many moons ago that is what happened in Afirica

Women and men would be lined up and sold to America
Alot of black people didnt want to leace Africa but they weere forced too

it would have been a terrible time and knowing as you stepped of the boat that you would be enslaved would have not been too good

Some white people were good the black people we shouldnt forget that too
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Ah, the Django Unchained trailer makes a lot more sense now.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRbeauty View Post
Ha! Fuck no! they were fundamentalists, and if there was one thing that's worse than being black, it's being a queer. Little do they know we used to watch porn together and fool around. Hahahahaha!My first of many lesbian trysts. Ahhh memories! Yes you are defintely right. I think the Native Americans have it the worst really. They lost their country, then were reduced to a paltry sum. Plus they live on shity reservations with few prospects outside of gambling and professional alcoholism. I always feel uncomfortable celebrating Thanksgiving, but then the food is put in front of my face, and how quickly I forget. Shame
The Native American thing is a whole another thread, but they can leave and live like the rest of us if they want.

But, let's not gloss over this first lesbian tryst thing. I would like more details and know how far are you from Disney World. lol No, seriously, I do.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimmaker1473 View Post
I am not a racist at all LMAO. My girlfriend is white (I have only had one black girlfriend) most of my friends are white as well.

What you fail to get is just because it happened so long ago doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug. And it is foolish to think that is country still doesn't cater to white people. No offense at all but you are white so you will never truly understand.
This is going to come of racist, but I don't care. As a person who has been to 40 something of the 50 states, I will say that African Americans from Maryland seem to have their shit together much better than other African Americans around the country. Mixed relationships are openingly accepted there. Maryland seems like one of the better states for race relations.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
If the sex trade got as much attention as slavery from 200 years ago, we'd be a much more progressive world.
Word! Add underage to that too! There was a special on sunday night on this very topic
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump