Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathjack View Post
why was batman messing in 8 years? did it hurt his leg that bad? he ddidn'teven fall that hard. i liked the moive
The same fall killed Harvey Dent. The only reason he even survived was the batsuit.

But he was also stabbed by the Joker. And shot in the stomach by dent. And beaten with a lead pipe. And mauled by dogs.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I kind of took Alfred's departure a bit differently than others' from what I can tell. What I felt happened was that Bruce blindside fired Alfred, when Alfred was essentially just giving him the same parental stuff he'd always given Bruce. He kind of bluffed Bruce to some extent and got called out on it because Bruce was pretty far gone at that point. I mean to say, all Alfred really said was that he wasn't going to stand there and watch Bruce to that and then Bruce was like "Oh, well you're fired." (paraphrasing) I thought that made the scene especially gut wrenching because it sort of showed how Bruce was willing to do whatever it took to save Gotham and Alfred just got hurt in the middle of all that. Alfred has been stern with Bruce like that many times in the past and Bruce is usually either does it anyway or he compromises or takes Alfred's advice. What he doesn't do is fire his most loyal companion. Maybe I'm Donny-ing on this discussion and am misreading what's being said (I am the walrus?) but I don't think that Alfred really abandoned Bruce at all.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM
**Spoilers**

What I like most about the trilogy is the idea that Bruce must first learn to sacrifice in BB to save Gotham. In TDK he learned he's willing to remove all fear in order to kill or stop the Joker. With fear removed he's able to push himself more. Then in the third--with him in the pit-prison--he learns that it's not overcoming fear that enables him to beat Bane, it's wanting to live. By learning Bruce wants to survive he's able to use man's most influential motivation to fight; survival. Which is why I loved the ending because he was able to survive and move on from being Batman.

Love these movies! 10/10's
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
I kind of took Alfred's departure a bit differently than others' from what I can tell. What I felt happened was that Bruce blindside fired Alfred, when Alfred was essentially just giving him the same parental stuff he'd always given Bruce. He kind of bluffed Bruce to some extent and got called out on it because Bruce was pretty far gone at that point. I mean to say, all Alfred really said was that he wasn't going to stand there and watch Bruce to that and then Bruce was like "Oh, well you're fired." (paraphrasing) I thought that made the scene especially gut wrenching because it sort of showed how Bruce was willing to do whatever it took to save Gotham and Alfred just got hurt in the middle of all that. Alfred has been stern with Bruce like that many times in the past and Bruce is usually either does it anyway or he compromises or takes Alfred's advice. What he doesn't do is fire his most loyal companion. Maybe I'm Donny-ing on this discussion and am misreading what's being said (I am the walrus?) but I don't think that Alfred really abandoned Bruce at all.
Right, the situation really escalated when Alfred brought up the fact that he burned Rachael's letter. It could have gone either way before that point, I think Alfred was just desperately trying to get to Bruce. Bruce refused to listen to any logic once Rachael was brought up. It was interesting how in TDK burning the letter seemed like a noble action to protect Bruce's feelings but in TDKR we see it's just allowed him to further his obsession and shun happiness.. And that scene really was gut wrenching since Alfred was the emotional core of these movies, I wanted another epic speech about tangerines.

Like I said earlier, it was ultimately Bruce that was making all of these decisions and you can't blame Alfred for abandoning him when Bruce was the one who said "Goodbye Alfred" and turned his back on him; you also can't blame Lucius for Bruce's bad financial decisions. They were trying to steer him in the right direction but he just wouldn't have it.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
That's my interpretation of Alfred's departure too. Bruce bitterly told Alfred to go away and Alfred reluctantly left, with tears in his eyes. A sad and, in my opinion, powerful scene.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 PM

I WANT THE DAMN BLU-RAY ALREADY!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
I WANT THE DAMN BLU-RAY ALREADY!
I want the damn BLU-RAY TRILOGY BOXSET since the announcement of Dark Knight Rise!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 AM
These Batman movies are getting too dark for me.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maude View Post
These Batman movies are getting too dark for me.
Well, this was the end of the trilogy. I'm not saying that guarantees that they won't go dark for the inevitable reboot, but if Nolan's version of Batman wasn't your thing, then perhaps you'll like whatever comes next.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 PM
The bluray comes out on December 3rd. I really wish Nolan would reconsider releasing an extended cut. This film needs it much more than the others in the trilogy.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Last edited by MovieMan50; 09-20-2012 at 06:56 PM..
Old 09-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuatroDiablos View Post
Something really bugs me me about the nitpickers is that they lost respect for Bane because he was just a "henchman" after the Talia twist , but I think he was more than just a henchman and was behind all of the bad things that happened in the movie.

Also ...those tears he shed at the end of the movie were not because he was sad , it was because he was in pain. Wonder how this gets past people while watching movies...

I hope we get a directors cut so all the nitpickers get the answers they want.....or not.
You have an extreme hard on for this movie.

That's okay, its your opinion...it's just difficult to discuss the "nitpicks" with someone whose so obviously convinced the movie is amazing and has nothing wrong with it. I mean, you're not even accepting the tiniest of problems that the film has.

Your Bane tear scene for instance, you saw it as a showcase for Bane's pain. His pain of...what exactly? His past of banishment from the league of shadows? Getting punched in the face by a bunch of prisoners? Or if the pain is about Talia...what exactly does he feel that causes him pain? Are him and Talia lovers? or more siblings? Why is he incredibly attached to her? Cause he saved her from a bunch of prisoners? we will never know cause not shit is explained in the film man. All that is revealed after the dumb talia twist is that they were working together the entire time due to both of their beliefs.

I felt nothing for Bane and his tear...how are we supposed to? Bane is a malevolent one note villian who shows no mercy, compassion, or heart to any of his victims, including Batman. Up to this point in the film (the climax) Bane if anything dissapears from the narrative until he fights Batman at the city hall.

When a character like Talia is given a huge reveal for an ending twist, and has had virtually no time for development the entire 3 hr movie, its not suprising that the entire Court House scene falls flat.
1.Batman yelling "WHHHHEREEREREES DA TRIIGGGERRRRRR"
2. talia coming in JUST at the right time (frame wise and dialogue wise) to reveal her scheme. all that was missing was an evil "mwahahahah"
3.also, this entire time that batmans beating up bane in the courthouse, talias just waiting to come into the conversation on the side.
4.talia stabs bruce, he stares at her kinda like a dog realizing its owner has been faking throwing the stick the entire time they played fetch (not a positive metaphor)
5.banes tear shows maybe a blip of feelings towards Talia's embrace of him in his time of loneliness and need, but I had a hard time feeling sorry for Bane when , right as Talia leaves, he tries to kill Batman. Even after talia, a person supposedly he connected with and trusted, told him to not do exactly that.(cough *bane turned into henchmen* cough)
6. dont worry about a final confrontation with Batman and Bane, Catwomans here to not only blow Bane off the screen(literally), but also we're reminded....Oh yeah, catwomans still in the movie. She blew up a tunnel that was blocked, thats it. Then comes in and kills the main villian and only pulse of the entire 3 hr affair. Her freaking one liner after she does it is just....uggh.

This is not a rant projected towards you to insult you, far from it. But please, please watch the film with both eyes wide wide open next time, try to accept even a tiny tiny bit of the fact that the film could be much, much, much better. Of course, EVERY movie could be better in some way, but with Rises, its so glaringly obvious what couldve worked better. With as much anticipation that arose with it's release, and the ROOM and RESOURCES that Nolan had to truly capture a finale that was exciting, impactful, visceral and emotionally draining, it is massively dissapointing.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMan50 View Post
You have an extreme hard on for this movie.

That's okay, its your opinion...it's just difficult to discuss the "nitpicks" with someone whose so obviously convinced the movie is amazing and has nothing wrong with it. I mean, you're not even accepting the tiniest of problems that the film has.

Your Bane tear scene for instance, you saw it as a showcase for Bane's pain. His pain of...what exactly? His past of banishment from the league of shadows? Getting punched in the face by a bunch of prisoners? Or if the pain is about Talia...what exactly does he feel that causes him pain? Are him and Talia lovers? or more siblings? Why is he incredibly attached to her? Cause he saved her from a bunch of prisoners? we will never know cause not shit is explained in the film man. All that is revealed after the dumb talia twist is that they were working together the entire time due to both of their beliefs.

I felt nothing for Bane and his tear...how are we supposed to? Bane is a malevolent one note villian who shows no mercy, compassion, or heart to any of his victims, including Batman. Up to this point in the film (the climax) Bane if anything dissapears from the narrative until he fights Batman at the city hall.

When a character like Talia is given a huge reveal for an ending twist, and has had virtually no time for development the entire 3 hr movie, its not suprising that the entire Court House scene falls flat.
1.Batman yelling "WHHHHEREEREREES DA TRIIGGGERRRRRR"
2. talia coming in JUST at the right time (frame wise and dialogue wise) to reveal her scheme. all that was missing was an evil "mwahahahah"
3.also, this entire time that batmans beating up bane in the courthouse, talias just waiting to come into the conversation on the side.
4.talia stabs bruce, he stares at her kinda like a dog realizing its owner has been faking throwing the stick the entire time they played fetch (not a positive metaphor)
5.banes tear shows maybe a blip of feelings towards Talia's embrace of him in his time of loneliness and need, but I had a hard time feeling sorry for Bane when , right as Talia leaves, he tries to kill Batman. Even after talia, a person supposedly he connected with and trusted, told him to not do exactly that.(cough *bane turned into henchmen* cough)
6. dont worry about a final confrontation with Batman and Bane, Catwomans here to not only blow Bane off the screen(literally), but also we're reminded....Oh yeah, catwomans still in the movie. She blew up a tunnel that was blocked, thats it. Then comes in and kills the main villian and only pulse of the entire 3 hr affair. Her freaking one liner after she does it is just....uggh.

This is not a rant projected towards you to insult you, far from it. But please, please watch the film with both eyes wide wide open next time, try to accept even a tiny tiny bit of the fact that the film could be much, much, much better. Of course, EVERY movie could be better in some way, but with Rises, its so glaringly obvious what couldve worked better. With as much anticipation that arose with it's release, and the ROOM and RESOURCES that Nolan had to truly capture a finale that was exciting, impactful, visceral and emotionally draining, it is massively dissapointing.

You have a hard on for extreme subjective nitpicking. Nearly all of your criticisms amount to nothing more than subjective complaints like, "I didn't like when this character did that," or "when that thing happened it was stupid." Your criticisms only indicate that you didn't like the way certain things were handled in the film, not that there was actually something wrong with the way they were handled. For example, you didn't like the way the scene with Bane getting emotional was handled, but I had a completely different reaction to that scene. I also didn't need everything in that scene to be spelled out for me like some people do. I mean, come on, Talia and Bane's story isn't exactly a happy one. After everything that Bane went through, I 'm glad that Nolan chose to let him show a little emotion when the only person he cared about told their pretty tragic story.

Next time come prepared with some actual criticisms and not a ton a subjective nitpicking. Try to understand and open your mind to the possibility that some people liked what you didn't like about the film. You have no back-up to any of your criticisms because your reasoning only amounts to "I didn't like the film because I didn't like the way things were handled in it." As a reader, that means jackshit to me. Why should I care about your subjective perspective on the film? To get me to take any of your criticisms seriously you've got to prove to me that there is actually something wrong in an objective sense with the way certain things were handled/developed in the film. I'm not trying to say that all criticims of this film should be ignored, but all this subjective nitpicking crap is getting ridiculous, especially when this film's plot holes are no bigger or more outrageous than the ones in the other films of the trilogy.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Something I've always thought about, in regards to the nitpicking, is it seems to all stem from the fact that Nolan attempted to make his Batman universe as realistic as possible. But when you strip everything away, and boil it all down, it is still a superhero movie based on a superhero comic.

I.e., Bruce Wayne escapes the prison and then in a short amount of time he's back in Gotham and stalking/confronting Selena. Oh, how does he get back so quickly? Honestly, yes Nolan wants his Batverse to seem "realer," but who cares how he did it? HE'S BATMAN! OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO IT!

The nitpicking comes from people pulling the superhero aspect of a Batman mythos and movie out of the equation and referencing the movie as a Memento equivalent or other "real" crime movie.

With The Avengers, no one nitpicks about a character being able to transform into an indestructible, green crushing machine or a Norse-god coming to Earth or a portal ripping into the sky and an invasion on Earth comes. But why not? I don't buy that "oh, it's a superhero movie more than Batman" or "Whedon didn't attempt to make it realistic" or any of that crap. The moment Whedon filmed scenes in which he tried to make his protagonists relatable, and give them layers and make them humanstic, he attempted to make his movie realistic. But no one nitpicks the fantastical aspects of the Marvel blockbusters? People simply enjoy them for what they are: entertaining, comic book fare that by default, isn't going to be pitch-for-pitch realistic.

I love Nolan, and I love his Batverse, and I love that he attempted to make superhero movies for adults. But why the hell do his movies deserve more criticisms than others in the comic book realm? Enjoy them for what they are and if you get more a emotional resonance out of Batman than other superheros (like I do), great! If not, that's okay, too. But all blockbusters are riddled with plot holes and Batman can do the things he does...because he's freaking Batman.

Just as Wolverine can do the things he does because he's freaking Wolverine, and so on.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
I.e., Bruce Wayne escapes the prison and then in a short amount of time he's back in Gotham and stalking/confronting Selena. Oh, how does he get back so quickly? Honestly, yes Nolan wants his Batverse to seem "realer," but who cares how he did it? HE'S BATMAN! OF COURSE HE'S GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO IT!
I totally agree with your post. TDKR received way more nitpicking than the Avengers, or even TDK did and it's a bit silly to me. As for Bruce's return to Gotham, something like 20 days pass between his escape from the prison and his return to Gotham.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
I totally agree with your post. TDKR received way more nitpicking than the Avengers, or even TDK did and it's a bit silly to me. As for Bruce's return to Gotham, something like 20 days pass between his escape from the prison and his return to Gotham.
But some people still somehow don't get this part...the transition between Rising and getting back to Gotham was like 18 days.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
Something I've always thought about, in regards to the nitpicking, is it seems to all stem from the fact that Nolan attempted to make his Batman universe as realistic as possible. But when you strip everything away, and boil it all down, it is still a superhero movie based on a superhero comic.

The nitpicking comes from people pulling the superhero aspect of a Batman mythos and movie out of the equation and referencing the movie as a Memento equivalent or other "real" crime movie.

With The Avengers, no one nitpicks about a character being able to transform into an indestructible, green crushing machine or a Norse-god coming to Earth or a portal ripping into the sky and an invasion on Earth comes. But why not? I don't buy that "oh, it's a superhero movie more than Batman" or "Whedon didn't attempt to make it realistic" or any of that crap. The moment Whedon filmed scenes in which he tried to make his protagonists relatable, and give them layers and make them humanstic, he attempted to make his movie realistic. But no one nitpicks the fantastical aspects of the Marvel blockbusters? People simply enjoy them for what they are: entertaining, comic book fare that by default, isn't going to be pitch-for-pitch realistic.

I love Nolan, and I love his Batverse, and I love that he attempted to make superhero movies for adults. But why the hell do his movies deserve more criticisms than others in the comic book realm? Enjoy them for what they are and if you get more a emotional resonance out of Batman than other superheros (like I do), great! If not, that's okay, too. But all blockbusters are riddled with plot holes and Batman can do the things he does...because he's freaking Batman.

Just as Wolverine can do the things he does because he's freaking Wolverine, and so on.
Thank you! While Nolan's Batman movies did offer a more realistic look and feel than any other superhero movies in existence (not counting Unbreakable), they are STILL superhero movies! This isn't Heat . . . this is Batman! This requires a bit more suspension of disbelief, which people had readily available for The Avengers.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:36 PM
TDKR is getting a super cool combo blu-ray pack - check out when it comes out and what's inside - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-29f
Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
TDKR is getting a super cool combo blu-ray pack - check out when it comes out and what's inside - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-29f
Looks pretty badass..Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
The only thing that disappoints me about TDKR is no extended cut. If any movie ever needed a directors cut its this one.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:03 PM
17 Featurettes sounds good to me. Knowing Nolan - pretty much zero possibility of an extended cut or deleted scenes...or even a commentary. Day One purchase Fo Sho.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
The only thing that disappoints me about TDKR is no extended cut. If any movie ever needed a directors cut its this one.
Agreed, I really liked the movie, but it would definitely be improved with a longer cut. The other two are fine, but TDKR needs one.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Agreed, I really liked the movie, but it would definitely be improved with a longer cut. The other two are fine, but TDKR needs one.
Word Davey, i just dont understand why Nolan wont do it, we all know that it was missing a lot of footage.

Here is a question, would anyone bet that the theatrical cut gets released first then maybe an extended cut later on down the road?

I know im grasping at straws here....but i mean c'mon
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 PM
The Batman movies are evil by nature. The proof is in the pudding.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
Dude seriously,this is the most bullshit thing ever. Just shut up with statemets like this that you seem to throw out in different threads. Batman movies are just that,fuckin movies! If some idiot acts out because of batmanor any other movies,its their fault not the movies fault. You're probably a huge joseph liberman supporter. Everything is the medias fault albeit video games,music,tv,movies,whatever. Enoughis enough.

And one more thing,why are the batman movies evil by nature jim?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Word Davey, i just dont understand why Nolan wont do it, we all know that it was missing a lot of footage.

Here is a question, would anyone bet that the theatrical cut gets released first then maybe an extended cut later on down the road?

I know im grasping at straws here....but i mean c'mon
If it does happen, the studio would jump at the chance to make some extra cash through double dipping. Unfortunately, I doubt it will ever happen. Nolan seems to be rather stubborn when it comes to this. My guess is he thinks an extended cut will take away from the theatrical cut, or imply that it wasn't what the director intended. After all, Nolan does have final cut on these films, I just wish he let this movie breathe a bit more.

TDKR feels more like an epic David Lean movie than a summer blockbuster. A lot of key moments felt a bit rushed because they had to keep the story moving along, and I think Nolan wants to have his cake and eat it too with this movie. His ambition is undermined by the fact that he wants to keep the movie shorter that it needs to be; so yes, it's epic and ambitious but it would have more impact if certain things were allowed more time to develop and sink in.

I've cited elliptical filmmaking previously in this thread(or maybe another TDKR thread) and I've used that technique to fill in some of the blanks with my imagination, but I'd still like to see an extended cut. I think the film would work better with a bit of a slower pace.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Wha?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Now, that's a crock of shit right there.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Just take out the scenes with the Government dudes, totally pointless detour
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Old 10-04-2012, 11:51 AM

The proof it's indeed in the pudding.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 PM
The Dark Knight Rises cinematographer Wally Pfister calls The Avengers film "appalling" - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2hx
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
The blu ray hits shelves on December 4th but you can watch the behind the scenes portion of TDKR NOW!! - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2mo
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Yayy...still the best movie of the year for me and the best in the trilogy IMO. EPIC!

That behinds the scene video is amazing , this is no doubt the biggest movie of the year ...amazing work done by everyone.

Last edited by CuatroDiablos; 11-19-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
The blu ray hits shelves on December 4th but you can watch the behind the scenes portion of TDKR NOW!! - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2mo
the footage removed by WB.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 PM
WATCH: Behind the scenes footage from the TDKR dvd on Tom Hardy becoming Bane and concept art on Bane's mask - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2mT
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g05 View Post
the footage removed by WB.
yea sorry about that - i looked for re upped videos but no dice
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Anybody not getting sound for the video?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM
December 4th is quickly approaching, but we get more TDKR bonus features today. From the blu ray - Go behind the scenes of Heinz Field exploding at the hands of Bane - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2n7
Old 11-22-2012, 10:30 AM
^Driving 4 hours to Pittsburgh to be an extra for that scene was an incredible experience...to see Nolan working for 10 hours and being one of the first few thousand people in the world to see and hear Bane's voice was just awesome. That being said - the final cut scene in the film was so very disappointing compared to what was shot that day. Mass audience panic....it was an incredible experience and I wish I saw what it looked like on film. 10,000 people just rushing towards the exits.....I have no clue why no shots of this were included.