Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Mail Order Brides

Well we do have a thread on mixed marriages but l thought l would start another thread on mail order brides

I know that on the internet there is places where you can meet women from overseas that want to get out of there own country into countrys where there lifes can be better than where they are

But the problem is that not all but most want to get out of there country because of the hard ship and no money so they advertise them selfs on certain sites so that men with money will met them and then hopefully offer marriaige

i am not against this but there are some women out there who will marry a man say from America or Australia and then when they get there green card they take off and lead there own life because well if they set them selfs up they dont need that person anymore

There was one man who went to a certain country with 240 dollars in his pocket he thought he would find someone before his money ran out but as he was getting to know the woman he found out there was not much money left after a month or so

he landed on the streets and well the woman didnt want him because he didnt have a cent to his name

What l feel is alot of men are naive and they think that everyone woamn is good well they are not

Would you marry a mail order bride

Or would you stick to women in your own country
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Like you said, there are some who will get their green card and take off. That's more than enough to convince me not to. I see this as an even lower notch below prostitution, lower because you stand to lose more than just a few hundred dollars. I don't have to get into the parameters that are usually implied by marriage, but you can tell that more is at stake.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 AM
I am all for mail order brides, but it is important to test the merchandise before you buy. lol

Seriously, mail order brides is like a business agreement. Maybe she just wants to live in the USA (or where ever) or take care of family or use you for green card or really wants to be married and taken care of, ect. He more than likely wants sex or someone to take care of him or just company. One can not seriously consider a mail order bride to be a long term solution.

I am considering mail order to be the same as internet dating from half way around the world.

When people ask how we met, I always say she was on page 42 of this catalog. Some people actually believe that.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 PM
It really just depends on what you expect to get out of the relationship.

Much like some people marry for beauty or money, others will marry for green cards and a housekeeper/nanny/prostitute or whatever type of relationship your mail order bride wants to be.

The down side is obviously going to be lots of verbal, physical abuse, probably lots of rape, potentially human trafficking. Some people are willing to risk that to leave their home country and start a new life in America.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
It really just depends on what you expect to get out of the relationship.

Much like some people marry for beauty or money, others will marry for green cards and a housekeeper/nanny/prostitute or whatever type of relationship your mail order bride wants to be.

The down side is obviously going to be lots of verbal, physical abuse, probably lots of rape, potentially human trafficking. Some people are willing to risk that to leave their home country and start a new life in America.
Nice. I would like to add that a lot leave to take care of their family back home.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Well did you know that if you want a mail order bride you have to live in that persons country for around 2yrs

I think that is fair enough thinking that the person who is considering marrige can get to know that person and see if there is chemistry

I do think that alot of people rush into this and do not think of what that person is like

I also want to say that some women from overseas are living very poorly and if there is a chance that they can do better for them selves some where else they jump for that

Also when you are saying about rape and other things that can happen to if a woman is not careful on waht they are getting into

Alot of women are very young and and they go for old men and that makes me think of why would you do that when there is youger men to choice from

I spoke to a person about this and they say it is a money factor and in other words the marraige is not for love

I also want to say that in America there is 4 women to every man and if you have that wouldnt you want to look at the women you already have instead of looking overseas
Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 PM
What I would like to know is where they get the huge envelopes to stick those mail order brides in when they post them.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Ah l knew you would post something like that God Of War

Also would the parcel they would come in be expensive and geez consider the postage
I know it costs alot of the 500 gram level

Oh at least if you were shipped to Australia you could chose ship or airplane

Oh