Old 07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
USA Olympic uniforms made in China

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...mpic-uniforms/

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid slammed the U.S. Olympic Committee Thursday over reports that the Team USA uniforms were made in China, saying officials "should burn" them.

Reid, D-Nev., made the remarks following reports that China has already taken gold from America by manufacturing the uniforms Team USA will wear during the opening ceremonies.

I think the Olympic Committee should be ashamed, Reid told reporters on Capitol Hill. He said they should "burn" the current uniforms, and would rather America's athletes wear shirts with "USA" hand-painted on them.
Joke of the year. People from both sides of the aisle are ripping into this. If Obama were really smart, he would have this fixed in a couple days and win some votes. If Romney were really smart, he should pay for this out of his pocket and rip into Obama, because it will help him win a few votes. Either way, this is just a sad joke in a troubled economic times for America.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 AM
American flags have been made in China for decaades...this is a non-issue.

Last edited by Exophrine; 07-13-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Wow. How more Jew can USA get that they're saving a few bucks on something that is seen as a sign of patriotism. Pathetic, and ROFL.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
American flags have been made in China for decaades...this is a non-issue.
I know, right? Who gives a fuck. Honestly?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Wtf? For real? So, if you look closely enough at the very bottom right-hand side of the American flag, any American flag, it will say 'made in china'? Bullocks

Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Wtf? For real? So, if you look closely enough at the very bottom right-hand side of the American flag, any American flag, it will say 'made in china'? Bullocks

You mean "Bollocks"?

It's true, check it out:

But really, I couldn't give any less of a fuck to be honest. All kinds of shit is made in China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Japan, etc. so who fucking cares?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Define "irony."
Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM
My real question is: Are you really that surprised/disgusted that an American fashion designer had their clothing line made outside the US?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Well alot of clothing in Australia is made in certain asian countrys too

I do think it is good for countries like America and austrlia to make ther won
I find the quality of clothing to be poor

A few years ago Australia never used alot of overseas services we used to have factorys and we employered our own workers to amke products
Old 07-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well alot of clothing in Australia is made in certain asian countrys too

I do think it is good for countries like America and austrlia to make ther won
I find the quality of clothing to be poor

A few years ago Australia never used alot of overseas services we used to have factorys and we employered our own workers to amke products
8 year olds dont make clothes as good as adults I guess.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Also these chinese workers are under paid and barely make a buck (dollar)

I know that when we had aussie workers making clothes they were better made and they would fall apart so easily

Well the workers can be any age depending if they want a job or not

half of these people are struggling to live
Even the conditions they live in are terrible and to support this is terrible

I know in alot of well developed countrys we wouldnt put up with this
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 PM
They should have been made in the United States, but I think it's silly that this is even a big deal. What ISN'T made in China these days?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
It is a big deal if you know that the chineses people are barely making any money

All there being aaid is 2 dollars a hour

You can not live on this while people in well developed countrys if they are making the clothes would be getting the award wage

Plus the qaulity of making these products need to be looked at if we are going to have clothes made in china or anywhere else