Old 07-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Last Resort

Out of all the new television series coming this fall season, this one looks like the best IMO. It looks fantastic!

http://youtu.be/kCY9bJvjd20
Old 08-13-2012, 11:07 AM
last restor

yea it looks cool looking. it got the guy who played in fanstic four 2 moive. thats one reason i wont to see it he also played in man of a centiron age it kind of lookes like battleship
Old 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM
LOL! Out of all the great roles that Andre Braugher has played throughout his long and varied career, the one you remember him for is Fantastic Four 2? That's pretty funny! No offense.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:35 AM
he also playeed in Frquency i watched today
Old 09-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Just finished watching the pilot and it was fan fucking tastic! Really gripping stuff.

Can't wait to see the how it all plays out from here.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Is this the submarine one? I can't help judge it without seeing it but I think it looks like complete shit.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Pilot's ok. But it's network fare. It has a ceiling that premium cable doesn't.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't agree with the notion that just because the network shows can't curse or show too much overt nudity and violence and gore means they are inherently inferior to cable series.

In fact, my favorite show currently is Fringe which is a FOX show. And while the rest of the my top 5 shows are admittedly cable shows, there are still plenty of good stuff on the networks IMO.

Good storytelling is good storytelling no matter what channel it happens to be on.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I don't agree with the notion that just because the network shows can't curse or show too much overt nudity and violence and gore means they are inherently inferior to cable series.

In fact, my favorite show currently is Fringe which is a FOX show. And while the rest of the my top 5 shows are admittedly cable shows, there are still plenty of good stuff on the networks IMO.

Good storytelling is good storytelling no matter what channel it happens to be on.
Be that as it may network dramas need to serve as ratings draws or they get cast aside. While there may be a number of unique or intriguing elements about network shows these days, if it's a big budget show like Last Resort is, there will be pressure to keep the viewers there, and as such it likely won't veer too far outside of expected boilerplate storytelling. Anything too far outside and there's a risk the audience could be alienated and leave.

Fringe is a good show yes, but before attracting a stable, dedicated audience, which most unusual shows never get the chance to develop, it was mostly basic, repetitive monster-of-the-week stuff.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post

This where you and I will disagree. I think very much shows being network shows cap its potential. With truly ground-breaking series that cable introduced over the years, I just go into network shows with such a low expectation because they're really not in the same class, IMO.