Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Politics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Most yawn election
1820 2 40.00%
1792 0 0%
1804 1 20.00%
1840 0 0%
1940 0 0%
1944 0 0%
1956 0 0%
1984 1 20.00%
1996 0 0%
2012 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Most boring election ever

1820. Not even fucking 1996 was that dull.

Last edited by John@$$; 07-30-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 AM
This whole time I've been wondering, "Where is John@$$?" But the question should have been, "When is John@$$?"

Hey, if you come across any Indian Head Pennys could you grab me a few?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:52 AM
This post is slanted for the United States, and here I was expecting some variety.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
This post is slanted for the United States, and here I was expecting some variety.
This.

Clearly election of 1357 Choctaw tribe was most boring election. I still can't believe Crazy Horse won.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM
It's funny how bored we've grown with democracy.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
It's funny how bored we've grown with democracy.
This is actually a pretty valid point. It's almost as if it takes a dictator coming thiiiiisssss close to world domination for anyone to care... and that only lasts about 40 or 50 years.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I gotta say, this election right here is pretty boring. I mean it seems pretty obvious that Obama is gonna win, and nothing really interesting has happened in recent weeks. Gimme a scandal!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I gotta say, this election right here is pretty boring. I mean it seems pretty obvious that Obama is gonna win, and nothing really interesting has happened in recent weeks. Gimme a scandal!
In most polls, they are either even or Romney is slightly ahead. This is not in the bag for Obama. Romney is massively outspending Obama due to the Citizens United ruling. Also, with the voter suppression going on in Florida, it's possible we could have another 2000 on our hands.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 AM
It's too bad this election won't result in the absolute pop-culture masterpieces of last go around.

This is probably the first time since the end of World War II where the French, German, (and Greek) elections may have more intrigue and global media pull.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't see Obama as a given by any stretch of the imagination. As it stands right now, it's going to be a very tight race.

Granted, anything could happen between now and election day.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
So, Romney chose Paul Ryan...

*sigh*
Old 08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
It'll be fun seeing if Romney can carry Florida now that his running mate is the guy who wants to replace Medicare with a $5000 voucher and a slap on the ass for good luck
Old 08-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Thank God Paul Ryan cashed social security checks so that he could get through college so that he could get a job so that he could become a congressman so that he could become a Vice Presidential nominee so that he could become President so that he could end wasteful social security checks.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:47 AM
I have this weird feeling that Romney doesn't actually care about winning. Now that he is the nominee he has basically secured his place in history which I feel like was all he cared about to begin with. Sure it's a better place in History as President, but that's an awful lot of hard work and grey hair.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:14 AM
The problem with this election is that, like every U.S. election, it comes down to a choice between two candidates. One of them would send more troops to Afghanistan, increase drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, etc., and believes that "all options should be on the table" with regards to Iran. He supports continuing and expanding every Bush-era surveillance state program. He has received substantial backing from financial institutions and would give tax cuts to the wealthy while gutting what's left of America's welfare state. He's pro-death penalty and against gay marriage and universal health care.

And the other candidate is Mitt Romney.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
It'll be fun seeing if Romney can carry Florida now that his running mate is the guy who wants to replace Medicare with a $5000 voucher and a slap on the ass for good luck
His version of Medicare w/vouchers wouldn't affect the current elderly. So they'll vote for him and then die and leave the rest of us "future elderly" with the aftermath of their decision. However those elderly people probably don't have the ID required to vote, or they probably got a letter from Rick Scott telling them their citizenship has been determined not to be American and therefore cannot vote.

Btw, I'm starting to think that the annoying way Obama has been "handling" the nutcase contingent of the Republican Party is taken from some handbook on how to deal with toxic people.

http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Impossible-People

Last edited by electriclite; 08-27-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 08-30-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
His version of Medicare w/vouchers wouldn't affect the current elderly. So they'll vote for him and then die and leave the rest of us "future elderly" with the aftermath of their decision. However those elderly people probably don't have the ID required to vote, or they probably got a letter from Rick Scott telling them their citizenship has been determined not to be American and therefore cannot vote.

Hopefully some of that will be sorted out - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...p_ref=politics

There's still a hundred and one other ways they can disenfranchise voters but hopefully it won't be at the hands of the law.

Slightly tangental, but it cracks me up, the way you hear people acting like it's a constitutional requirement for everyone to have a state ID at all times.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Hopefully some of that will be sorted out - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...p_ref=politics

There's still a hundred and one other ways they can disenfranchise voters but hopefully it won't be at the hands of the law.

Slightly tangental, but it cracks me up, the way you hear people acting like it's a constitutional requirement for everyone to have a state ID at all times.

I see your Florida and raise you a Pennsylvania

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/us...aw-intact.html
Old 09-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Seeing the Clint Eastwood footage from the RNC shows us the old familiar face of the Republican party: unprepared, senile, backwards, and seeing things that aren't there.