Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 AM
5 Hour Energy and Perhaps The Dumbest Commercial Ever Made!

Im not sure if this commercial runs nationally, but have any of you seen the commercial for 5 Hour Energy that has a plain looking woman sitting in a plain room with a stack of papers.

The commercials makes the claim that they asked 3000 doctors and 73% of them said that they would: Recommend a Low Calorie Energy drink to their healthy patients who already use energy drinks!

No Fucking Shit they would! What else would they do? Recommend a high calorie energy drink?

Plus, only 73% of the doctors asked came back with the fact that if they HAD to recommend an energy drink to their HEALTHY patients that are going to use energy drinks anyway, they would recommend a low calorie energy drink!

That leaves 27% that said "Look, I dont give a fuck what the deal is, you should not be using this product no matter what"!

I guess I just don't understand how some Marketing person at 5 Hour Energy thought this was a good commercial for their brand?! Did they think people were too stupid to not understand the actual contents of the commercial?!

or am I being too judgmental... you be the judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqT3fdAAHQ

Last edited by SkyNet; 08-03-2012 at 01:00 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM

still healthier then 30 minute energy...

knowatimean....
Old 08-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen that one but I've seen the ones with office workers. The whole idea is to sort of normalize them. It's funny because the whole energy drink thing reminds me of old school truck stop culture, where you'd stop on the road to buy things with names like Zinger and Thunderbritches. Probably the only honest marketing campaign they could come up with is a guy looking like a roadie for The Allman Brothers screaming that when he can't get a hold of his meth dealer or when he has a meeting with his parole officer and can't find any clean piss, there's always 5 hour energy drink to keep him going.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:11 AM
I preferred the ones with James Horan playing the laconic sheriff.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I can make a study that can prove crack would be a low cost, high energy weight loss system and 95% of doctors surveyed would approve of it. It just goes tot show you how you how you can't trust advertising.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I can make a study that can prove crack would be a low cost, high energy weight loss system and 95% of doctors surveyed would approve of it. It just goes tot show you how you how you can't trust advertising.

Balderdash! Does this^ look like a man who has secrets?