Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Fall 2012: Full Lineup of New & Returning Shows

Well... it is that time again ladies and gentlemen! The end of summer is nearly here, The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises have come and conquered and the hum drum days of shitty summer TV are coming to an end (even though I am a fan of Franklin & Bash and the new Sullivan & Son actually seems to be not bad, a vast improvement over the terrible Men At Work)

So without further ado: The Fall 2012 Schedule in all it's glory!

To start, lets recap 2011:

of the 40 New shows that premiered on networks last year only 14 are returning! Maybe this years crop of shows will have better lifetimes!!

I will start with ABC:

Returning Shows:

Friday, September 14
Shark Tank (8pm) (moves to 9pm on Nov 2)
What Would You Do? (9pm)
20/20 (10pm)

Monday, September 24
Dancing With The Stars (8pm)
Castle (10pm)

Tuesday, September 25
Private Practice (10pm)

Wednesday, September 26
The Middle (8pm)
Modern Family (9pm)

Thursday, September 27
Grey's Anatomy (9pm)
Scandal (10pm)

Sunday, September 30
Once Upon A Time (8pm)
Revenge (9pm)

Wednesday, October 17
Suburgatory (9:30pm)

Tuesday, October 23
Happy Endings (9pm)
Don't Trust The Bitch in Apt 23 (9:30pm)

Friday, November 2
Last Man Standing (8pm)

The Bachelor: Monday 8pm (in January)
Saturday Night College Football: Saturday 8pm
Americas Funniest Home Videos: Sunday 7pm

New Shows:

The Neighbors
September 26 (at 9:30) Normal Time: 8:30pm beginning October 3
Spoiler:
A family (Lenny Venito, Jami Gertz, Isabella Cramp, Clara Mamet and Max Charles) moves into a beautiful, surprisingly affordable gated community in New Jersey only to discover that all the neighbors are literally from another planet. Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love) will write and executive-produce. Simon Templeman, Toks Olagundoye, Tim Jo and Ian Patrick will also star.

Nashville
October 10: 10pm
Spoiler:
A family soap set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene that follows two musicians, one who's already a star (Connie Britton) and the other who's on the rise (Hayden Panettiere). Callie Khouri (Thelma & Louise) and RJ Cutler will write and executive-produce. Jonathan Jackson, Powers Boothe, Robert Wisdom, Eric Close, Clare Bowen, Charles Esten and Sam Palladio will also star.

Last Resort
September 27 at 8pm
Spoiler:
A renegade crew of a nuclear submarine, led by Men of a Certain Age's Andre Braugher, go on the run after defying an order to fire nuclear missiles. They find sanctuary at a NATO base where they declare themselves the world's smallest nuclear nation. The Shield's Shawn Ryan will executive-produce the pilot, which he wrote with Karl Gajdusek (Dead Like Me). Autumn Reeser, Scott Speedman, Daisy Betts, Sahr Ngaujau, Dichen Lachman, Jessy Schram, Robert Patrick, Camille de Pazzis and Dan Lissing will also star.

666 Park Avenue
September 30 at 10pm
Spoiler:
An innocent Midwestern couple (Dave Annable and Rachael Taylor) get hired as resident managers of an Upper East Side apartment building in New York, with the owner played by Lost's Terry O'Quinn. Unbeknownst to them, the residents have all made deals with the Devil to have their desires fulfilled. David Wilcox will adapt Gabrielle Pierce's book series and executive-produce, alongside Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo. Vanessa Williams, Mercedes Masohn, Helena Mattsson and Robert Buckley will also star. Erik Palladino will guest-star.

Last edited by SkyNet; 08-03-2012 at 02:57 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 02:02 AM
CBS

Returning Shows:

Wednesday, September 19
Survivor: Philippines (8pm)

Monday, September 24
How I Met Your Mother (8pm)
2 Broke Girls (9pm)
Mike & Molly (9:30pm)
Hawaii 5.0 (10pm)

Tuesday, September 25
NCIS (8pm)
NCIS: LA (9pm)

Wednesday, September 26
Criminal Minds (9pm)
CSI (10pm)

Thursday, September 27
The Big Bang Theory (8pm)
Two and a Half Men (8:30pm)
Person of Interest (9pm)

Friday, September 28
CSI: NY (8pm)
Blue Bloods (10pm)

Saturday, September 29
48 Hours Mystery (10pm)

Sunday, September 30
60 Minutes (7pm)
The Amazing Race (8pm)
The Good Wife (9pm)
The Mentalist (10pm)

NEW SHOWS:

Partners
Monday, September 24 @ 8:30pm
Spoiler:
The personal story of two lifelong friends and business partners one straight (David Krumholtz) and one gay (Michael Urie) whose friendship has lasted longer than any of their romantic relationships. When one decides to propose to his girlfriend (Sophia Bush), the other's neurotic attempts to be supportive nearly result in a breakup. Will & Grace duo David Kohan and Max Mutchnick will executive-produce. Brandon Routh and Tracy Vilar will also star. Molly Shannon will guest-star.

Vegas
Tuesday, September 25 @ 10pm

Spoiler:
The true story of Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid) rodeo cowboy turned longtime Las Vegas Sheriff set in the 1960s. Nicholas Pileggi and Without a Trace's Greg Walker will write and executive-produce alongside Men in Trees duo James Mangold and Cathy Konrad. Michael Chiklis, Jason O'Mara, Carrie-Anne Moss and Taylor Handley will also star.

Elementary
Thursday, September 27 @ 10pm

Spoiler:
A modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes in which Sherlock (Eli Stone's Jonny Lee Miller) is a recovering addict and consultant for the NYPD. Lucy Liu will portray his Watson. Robert Doherty (Medium) will write and executive-produce with Justified duo Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly. Aidan Quinn will also star.

Made In Jersey
Friday, September 28 @ 9pm

Spoiler:
A working class woman (Janet Montgomery) uses her street smarts to compete with her more polished colleagues at a Manhattan law firm in this series from Happy Endings' Jamie Tarses and The West Wing's Kevin Falls. Dana Calvo (Covert Affairs) will write and co-executive-produce. Kyle MacLachlan, Stephanie March, Erin Cummings, Felix Solis, Pablo Schreiber, Donna Murphy and Toni Trucks will also star.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 AM
So far, of all the new shows you listed, I'm looking forward to Last Resort and Vegas and maybe 666 Park Avenue though that is mostly because of Terry O'Quinn than for the show itself.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 AM
FOX

Returning Shows:

Wednesday, September 12
The X-Factor (8pm)

Thursday, September 13
Glee (9pm)

Monday, September 17
Bones (8pm)

Tuesday, September 25
New Girl (Special Ep at 8pm... Season Premiere @ 9pm)

Friday, September 28
Kitchen Nightmares (8pm) (Special One Off Episode)
Fringe (9pm)

Sunday, September 30
The Cleveland Show (7:30pm)
The Simpsons (8pm)
Bob's Burgers (8:30pm)
Family Guy (9pm)
American Dad (9:30pm)

Friday, October 26
Touch (8pm)

NEW SHOWS:

The Mob Doctor
Monday, September 17 @ 9pm

Spoiler:
A young female thoracic surgeon (Jordana Spiro) with Bridgeport roots is split between two worlds as she juggles her career and her lifelong debt to the South Chicago mob. Drop Dead Diva's Josh Berman and Robert Wright will write and executive-produce with Justified's Michael Dinner. William Forsythe, Zach Gilford, Jaime Lee Kirchner, James Carpinello, Floriana Lima, Zeljko Ivanek, Wendy Makkena and Jesse Lee Soffer will also star.

Ben and Kate
Tuesday, September 25 @ 8:30pm

Spoiler:
Under the guise of being his niece's nanny, a free spirited young guy (Nat Faxon) moves in with his type-A, tightly wound sister (Dakota Johnson) and in the process will help her re-enter the world. Dana Fox (What Happens in Vegas) will write and executive-produce with Terra Nova duo Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope. Lucy Punch, Maggie Jones and Echo Kellum will star. Austin Stowell will recur

The Mindy Project
Tuesday, September 25 @ 9:30pm

Spoiler:
The Office's Mindy Kaling stars as a young Bridget Jones-type OB/GYN trying to navigate both her personal and professional life. Kaling will write and executive-produce with Office producer Howard Klein. Dana DeLorenzo, Anna Camp, Chris Messina Zoe Jarmon and Ed Weeks will also star. Ed Helms, Bill Hader and Richard Schiff will guest-star.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Of all of FOX's new shows, the only one that potentially intrigues me is The Mob Doctor. Even though the premise, a doctor being forced to work for the mob, is similar to the David Duchovney movie Playing God, it still has lots of potential IMO.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 AM
NBC

Special Sneak Peaks:

Wednesday, August 8
Go On (Special Sneak Peak Following Olympic Games)

Sunday, August 12
Animal Practice (Special Sneak Peak Following Olympic Games Closing Ceremonies)

Wednesday, September 12
Guys With Kids (Special Sneak Peak after Americas Got Talent)

Returning Shows:

Monday, August 13
Grimm (10pm) (Special Ep to follow Stars Earn Stripes)

Wednesday, September 5
NFL Kickoff Special 2012 (7:30pm)
Sunday Night Football (Special 2012 Season Opener) (8:30pm)

Sunday, September 9
Football Night in America (7:30pm)
Sunday Night Football (8:15pm) (GO NINERS!!!!!!)

Monday, September 10
The Voice (8pm)

Tuesday, September 11
Parenthood (10pm)

Friday, September 14
Grimm (9pm) (Regular Day & Time)

Thursday, September 20
Up All Night (8:30pm)
The Office (9pm)
Parks & Recreation (9:30pm)

Wednesday, September 26
Law & Order: SVU (9pm)

Thursday, October 4
30 Rock (8pm)

Friday, October 19
Whitney (8pm)
Community (8:30pm... Getting the Shaft by a shitty lead in!!)

NEW SHOWS:

Revolution
Monday, September 17 @ 10pm

Spoiler:
A high-octane action drama that follows a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Supernatural's Eric Kripke will write and executive-produce with J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk. Giancarlo Esposito, Billy Burke, David Lyons, Tim Guinee, Graham Rogers, Tracy Spiridakos, Andrea Roth, JD Pardo, Zak Orth and Anna Lise Philips will star.

Go On
Tuesday, September 11 @ 9pm

Spoiler:
While an irreverent yet charming sportscaster (Matthew Perry) tries to move on from loss, he reluctantly finds surprising solace from the members of his mandatory group therapy sessions. Friends writer/producer Scott Silveri executive-produces. Laura Benanti, Julie White, Suzy Nakamura, Khary Payton and Allison Miller will also star. Bill Cobbs will guest-star.

The New Normal
Tuesday, September 11 @ 9:30pm

Spoiler:
A gay couple Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells and The Hangover's Justin Bartha try to start a family with the help of a surrogate (Georgia King). Along with fellow Glee producer Ali Adler, Ryan Murphy will co-write and executive-produce the project. Ellen Barkin and Bebe Wood will also star. Nene Leakes and Jayson Blair will recur.

Animal Practice
Wednesday, September 26 @ 8pm

Spoiler:
An office-based comedy featuring a House-like veterinarian (Weeds' Justin Kirk) who loves the animals but hates their owners. Executive-produced by Hangover Part II writer Scot Armstrong. Tyler Labine, Amy Huberman and Bobby Lee will also star. (Skynet Note: This show also has the hilarious Betsy Sodero, who I have trained with at The Upright Citizens Brigade Theater... she is super hilarious and a great person, and I hope this show is wildly successful)

Guys With Kids
Wednesday, September 26 @ 8:30pm

Spoiler:
Three thirtysomething guys (Jesse Bradford, Zach Cregger and Anthony Anderson) enjoy the adventures of parenting even though they haven't grown up themselves. NBC late-night host Jimmy Fallon will executive-produce. Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Tempestt Bledsoe will also star. Sara Rue will guest-star.

Chicago Fire
Wednesday, October 10 @ 10pm

Spoiler:
The complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department are explored in this action-driven drama. Derek Haas and Michael Brandt will write and executive-produce with Law & Order's Dick Wolf. Jesse Spencer, Eamonn Walker, Monica Raymund, David Eigenberg, Taylor Kinney, Lauren German, Merle Dandridge, Teri Reeves and Charlie Barnett will star.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:52 AM
I love Matthew Perry. Here's hoping he has FINALLY found a successful post Friends show. I will definitely give his show a try.

The pairing of JJ Abrams and Eric Kripke alone is enough to make me give Revolution a try. I know some people were turned off by the trailer of the show, but I think there is still potential.

And I may give Chicago Fire a try. Jesse Spencer was fantastic on House. Looking forward to him being on this new show.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:54 AM
I am not really sure what I am looking forward to.

I think the 666 Park Avenue looks stupid.

Elementary might be good, I do love Jonny Lee Miller

Animal Practice I will watch for a few reasons, one of which is I know one of the leads and she is super hilarious! And I love Weeds and this show stars Uncle Andy from Weeds! Although, I was never a fan of Bobby Lee's... so we shall see!

The Mob Doctor looks eh... for whatever reason, that lead chick, I just don't like her! When I see her, I automatically know I pry wont watch the show cuz there is just something about her I don't like!

The Mindy Project I will watch and hope it isnt stupid as shit.

And The Neighbors I may catch as it is sandwiched between 2 shows I love (Middle and Modern Family)

It seems they are holding Raising Hope for a midseason... that show is so insanely hilarious, it deserves a full season.

I will try and find the Cable Premiere dates and post those, I know my personal favorite show currently on the air It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia comes back in September. SOuth Park is back in October. The League also is back in September. American Horror Story also in October. Dexter is September 30.

All in all, not a whole lot to get excited about, but I like that, it means I can simply continue watching the shows I am already invested in:

The Middle
Modern family
How I Met Your Mother
Hawaii 5.0
The Big Bang Theory
Bob's Burgers
The Office
Parks & Rec
Community
30 Rock
and of course: Football! (GO NINERS!!!!!!!!)
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 AM
I don't know about Elementary. I like Johnny Lee Miller too. He was fantastic in Eli Stone. But, between the BBC series and the RDJ/Jude Law/Guy Ritchie movies, do we really need another version of Sherlock Holmes?

This season as a whole isn't looking that great. But my top 5 are:

1. Last Resort (ABC)
2. Arrow (CW)
3. Vegas (CBS)
4. Revolution (NBC)
5. The Mob Doctor (FOX)

Unless I'm forgetting something this is definitely my top 5 new shows I'm looking forward to.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 AM
Here are some images of each day to give a visual representation of how the schedule will look and an easier way to see what shows are competing against each other (I took the screen grabs from TVGuide.com)

Monday
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monday jpg.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	10354
Tuesday

Name:	Wednesday jpg.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	10356
Wednesday

Name:	Tuesday jpg.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	10355
Thursday

Name:	Thursday jpg.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	10357
Friday

Name:	Friday jpg.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	10358

Last edited by SkyNet; 08-03-2012 at 03:09 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Saturday

Name:	Saturday jpg.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	10359
Sunday

Name:	Sunday jpg.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	10360
Old 08-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Returning shows I'm looking forward to:

Fringe
The Walking Dead
Homeland
Person of Interest
Supernatural
Bones

Shows I need to catch up:

The Good Wife
Nikita
Parks and Recreation
Hawaii Five-O
NCIS: Los Angeles
Blue Bloods

Shows that I want to give a try:

Revenge
Once Upon a Time
Touch
Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23

I also always hear good things about Parenthood. Been meaning to give it a shot.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Ya man... Arrow might be ok.. but Id be lying if I said I have ever watched any show on the CW!

Is Arrow supposed to be a more grown up show? or is it going to be a show for teenage girls??
Old 08-03-2012, 03:25 AM
They keep trying to compare it to Bourne. It looks pretty cool. And Katie Cassidy is in it and I heart her.

It's a shame you don't watch anything on the CW. Supernatural and Nikita are super cool shows.

Going down each night, here is how my schedule is looking like, provided that work doesn't get in the way, which it likely will.

MONDAYs:

8PM: Bones
9PM: Mob Doctor
10PM: Hawaii Five-O (live), Revolution (online)

TUESDAYs:

8PM: Arrow
9PM: Supernatural
10PM: Chicago Fire/Nashville (if they end up good)

WEDNESDAYs:

8PM: Nothing of interest
9PM: NCIS: LA
10PM: Vegas

THURSDAYs:

8PM: Last Resort
9PM: Person of Interest (Parks and Recreation online)
10PM: Elementary, I guess but nothing if it's not good

FRIDAYs:

8PM: Touch (unless it hasn't improved, then nothing)
9PM: Fringe (Nikita online)
10PM: Blue Bloods

SUNDAYs:

8PM: Once Upon a Time
9PM: The Good Wife (live), Revenge (online)
10PM: 666 Park Avenue
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Haha.. good luck dude! I generally don't watch new shows their first seasons... well, Hour long Shows at least... cuz if I end up liking a show, i get pissed when it is canceled

(I have been burned by Eli Stone and The Defenders.. 2 of my favorite shows from seasons past that got unjustly canceled... Franklin & Bash has sort of taken up Defenders mantle, in a bit more juvenile way... and I miss Jurnee Smollett... she was a little girl who was on Full House (A friend of Stephanie's) who grew up to be smoking hot, and was a regular on Defenders!)
Old 08-03-2012, 04:01 AM
When I read what the producer's plans were to be eventually for Eli Stone, I was glad it was canceled. Better for the show to die while still great before the mess they were going to turn it into.

I don't remember what those plans were other than killing than making Eli famous (which sounded promising) and then killing off Maggie (which did not) and bringing back the Katie Holmes character. But I do remember thinking ugh, thank god the show was canceled. I liked Katie Holmes's character in Eli Stone, but I didn't want her replacing Maggie.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Elementary kind of seems House-ish to me. I know there's the Holmes connection but mostly that they are making his addiction a big part of the character. I'm only going by the description above though. It sounds like this brilliant addict professional who's probably going to butt heads with the brass but will still get results.

Is Shark Tank really popular? I'm surprised to see that and Whitney back because I thought both weren't liked.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh ya.. that would not have worked to kill off Maggie!

They did tie things together and give a satisfying conclusion to the series. But ya, Katy Holmes isn't the greatest actress, certainly not better than the girl that played Maggie (nor Hotter, if memory serves the girl that played Maggie was quite hot)!

As for Shark Tank, I think it pulls down decent ratings on it's friday night time slot... nothing earth shattering, but enough to keep it coming back.

As for Whitney... my theory on that is:

NBC sank a TON of money into the marketing for this show, even though the show had very low ratings, ones that would get any other show canceled, due to how much cash NBC put into the marketing, they felt obligated to bring it back for a second season. but they moved to Fridays where lower ratings are acceptable. I don't see the show making it past mid season. You can look at the similarly themed Are You There Chelsea... roughly the same ratings, but that show was cancelled, because there wasn't nearly as much marketing put behind that show.

It only sucks because Community is now moved to Fridays and has the terrible lead in of Whitney... it's fans will watch the show, but it will not attract new viewers being on Friday and coming after the god awful Whitney. Effectively putting the death knell on Community, which is a shame, cuz that show is amazing!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:41 PM
I love Katie Holmes. I thought she was wonderful in her one episode and even thought she and Miller had amazing chemistry together. I just don't like the idea of killing Maggie off. And yeah, she was indeed hot! So was, of course, Natasha Henstridge, whom Eli was engaged to her character in the beginning of the series. It's a great ensemble cast. Also a HUGE fan of Victor Garber. His work on Eli Stone is ALMOST as great as his work on Alias!
Old 08-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Looking at this schedule.. there really arent that many new shows this year... perhaps the 14 returning shows from last year is actually a good number!
Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Anyone watch the sneak peak premiere of Go On the other night?

I gotta say, it was very enjoyable and a show I will be sticking with. It had really good subtle dry humor mixed with some tug at the heart moments, that didnt seem forced.

Hopefully Perry has a hit on his hands, the premiere episode (which is usually a good series' worst episode) was pretty damn good.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Looking at this schedule.. there really arent that many new shows this year... perhaps the 14 returning shows from last year is actually a good number!
Yes, that's a very strong number. I was just looking through the new shows that I plan to sample, and there seemed to be less new stuff this year than in years past. Many shows that were new last year stuck around.

Top 5 new shows I plan to sample:

1. Last Resort
2. Revolution
3. Vegas
4. Arrow
5. 666 Park Avenue

In terms of comedy I may try The Mindy Project, but I'll wait until I hear more buzz on those. I find comedy shows are more difficult to get a feel on until some reviews start to come in.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
I find comedy shows are more difficult to get a feel on until some reviews start to come in.
Reviews don't mean much to me anymore. New Girl received mostly good reviews and I thought that show sucked.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Reviews don't mean much to me anymore. New Girl received mostly good reviews and I thought that show sucked.
To each their own. I quite like New Girl, though it took a few episodes to get going. Once the ensemble came more into focus I think it became a pretty enjoyable show. Less focus on Zooey and her antics and more on the group as a whole.

The problem with comedies for me is that they usually have pretty simple premises that rely on jokes and chemistry to make the show work, and thus it is difficult to discern if they will be something I want to watch. Unless an actor I'm a fan of is on the show, I wait a few weeks. And I don't even necessarily mean reviews from critics, but just general buzz from friends and twitter, etc.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM
New Girl probably has the most naturally funny cast on tv.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Some big news today:

This season of The Office will be it's Final Season

Jimmy Kimmel Live is moving to 11:35 to directly compete against Leno and Letterman. Nightline, which aired in that time slot will move back to 12:35.

and my favorite news of the day:

NBC just ordered 22 Episodes of a new sitcom Starring Michael J. Fox. About a man who has Parkinson's disease and his family. It will be awesome to have Fox back on TV in a full time show. His guest spots on Rescue Me and Curb were awesome (Especially his guest spot on Curb Your Enthusiasm, that was one of the best guest spots ever!)
Old 08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I was thinking about The Office ending this season and it made me think that this is actually good news for Community.

Thursday nights is NBC's big night, has been since the inception of Must See TV in the mid 90's. With 30 Rock and The Office ending this season, they have 2 slots open, they can throw new shows in, but their smartest play would be to bring back Community to it's 8pm time slot on Thursdays, have Parks & Rec at 9pm... I dont think Up All Night will pull down enough ratings to keep it, so you have 2 slots open for 2 brand new shows, with 2 established shows as lead ins.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Hotel Hell got renewed for a Second Season
Old 09-03-2012, 06:06 PM
And here are some cable premiere dates:

American Chopper (Discovery): Monday, Sep 3 @ 9pm
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservation (Travel Channel):Mon Sep 3 @ 9pm
Coma (A&E): Mon Sep 3 @ 9pm
Ghost Hunters (Sy Fy): Wed Sep 5 @ 9pm
Robot Chicken (Adult Swim): Sun Sep 9 @ Midnight
Sons of Anarchy (FX): Tues Sep 11 @ 10pm
Rehab W/ Dr. Drew (VH1): Sun Sep 16 @ 10pm
Boardwalk Empire (HBO): Sun Sep 16 @ 9pm
The Challenge (MTV): Wed Sep 19 @ 10pm
Treme (HBO): Sun Sep 23 @ 10pm
$24 in 24 (Food): Mon Sep 24 @ 10:30pm
Tosh.O (Comedy): Tues Sep 25 @ 10pm
Brickleberry (COmedy): Tues Sep 25 @ 10:30pm
South Park (Comedy): Wed Sep 26 @ 10pm
Key & Peele (Comedy): Wed Sep 26 @ 10:30pm
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Cartoon): Sat Sep 29 @ 9:30am
Dexter (Showtime): Sun Sep 30 @ 9pm
Homeland (Showtime): Sun Sep 30 @ 10pm
30 For 30 (ESPN): Tues Oct 2 @ 8pm
Supernatural (CW): Wed Oct 3 @ 9pm
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (CW): Tues Oct 9 @ 9pm
Arrow (CW): Wed Oct 10 @ 8pm
NOVA (PBS): Wed Oct 10 @ 9pm
The Vampire Diaries (CW): Thurs Oct 11 @ 8pm
Beauty and the Beast (CW): Thurs Oct 11 @ 9pm
The Walking Dead (AMC): Sun Oct 14 @ 9pm
The Talking Dead (AMC): Sun Oct 14 @ 10pm
Comic Book Men (AMC): Sun Oct 14 @ 11:30pm
American Horror Story (FX): Wed Oct 17 @ 10pm
Nikita (CW): Fri Oct 19 @ 9pm
Hunted (Cinemax): Fri Oct 19 @ 10pm
The Next Iron Chef (Food): Sun Nov 4 @ 9pm
Burn Notice (USA): Thurs Nov 8 @ 9pm
Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Tues Nov 27 @ 9pm
Hot In CLeveland (TV Land): Wed Nov 28 @ 10pm

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (my personal favorite show) is coming back in October on FX, but a firm date doesnt seem to be set yet. Same with The League
Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 AM
CW is a cable channel? I thought that was considered among the main networks.

Anyway, I just got done watching the pilot for NBC's Revolution. The new show from JJ Abrams and Erik Kripke. And it was awesome. I loved it. I was worried from the trailer that it might be cheesy but it didn't feel cheesy at all. The choreography involving the sword fights were actually awesome and I think I even caught some blood surprisingly for a network show. Billy Burke is really badass in this show. The lead girl is very strong too. And there are a couple of intriguing twists of sorts that makes going into the next episodes very intriguing. Definitely interested in seeing where this is going.

The only thing that sucks is I'm gonna have to wait till September 24 for episode 2.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Well... im not sure if CW is cable or not! It wasn't in my initial list, which only included the big 4.

I don't know what Saving Hope is, but NBC just yanked the final 2 episodes from their schedule. They will stream online.

and TBS has Renewed Sullivan and Son for a Second Season. It isn't an insanely hilarious show, but for some reason, I like it!

Last edited by SkyNet; 09-05-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Ones i look out for are
ELEMTRAY
Last Resort (ABC)
. Arrow (CW).Illg gave it a chance i don't see it last long like smallville
Vegas (CBS)
Revolution (NBC)
The Mob Doctor (FOX)
Beuty and the best remakeit got Kristin Kreuk in it l it looks differnt formt the old beauty and the beast

for comides
anmial partice
go on
mELLISS AND JOEY I LIKE IT IT FUNNY.

one retruning
the voice
the x-factor
under cover boss any one know when it come back on?
shark tank
what would you do?

oNE CURRENLTY WATCHING
AMERICAN GOT TLANT
GRIMM
TEEN WOLF
American Restoration
WHIPOUT
PAWN STARS
STROAGEWARS
STROAGE WARS TEAXS
STORAGE HUNTERS
AUCTION KINGS
AUCITION HUNTERS

REPEATS
HAWIE FIVE O Reamake
The Mentalist
person of interest HAND'T BEEN COMING ON CUSE OF THE PRESDENIT VOTING

just getting into
natkia

just started ''
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE?

one i'll watch out for
Touch i only seen parts of it i 'll check it out
: Fringe i heard it was good i tryed watching few epsidoes i got lost i'll give it another shot
Blue Bloodsitso k ithoughti it was kind of boring i do like tom sellck i have to give it a try.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
for the FX fans out there:

It's Always SUnny in Philadelphia & The League both return on Thursday October 11 @ 10 & 10:30pm

Can't wait, i love these shows (Philadelphia is one of my all time favorites)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 AM
New shows that I've seen so far:

Revolution - 8/10
Last Resort - 8/10
The New Normal - 7/10

The Fall season is off to a very good start so far. Hopefully it'll remain this way.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 AM
looking forward to the new Dexter season *screams like a little girl*
Old 09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Guys With Kids was so awful I turned it off at the first commercial break. It is a shame, because I am a big Jesse Bradford fan.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
The New Normal is awful, but Go On so far has been more enjoyable than I would have expected. It's fairly sweet and has a quirky/enjoyable cast, save for the bearded character who is wholly unnecessary.

I'll be watching the Revolution pilot tonight.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I am kind of glad The New Normal is awful... i just dont like the idea of untalented reality people switching over to mainstream TV (NeeNee Leaks)... the trend needs to die of these reality shows (Not competition reality shows, I dont mind those that much, like Hells Kitchen or Survivor... but shows like Real Housewives and Kardashians)... and I really don't want any of these dumbasses switching over to mainstream!

But it is that time when shows premiere and the ratings tell us what hits and what sinks:

The Revolution premiered with pretty large numbers and should stick around for the season, whether it has a second is still TBD. I didnt wathc it, because a show like this I need to know it has longevity before I invest time, I've been burned too many times!

The Mob Doctor premiered to shit ratings and will more than likely be Cancelled soon.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Revolution joins the increasingly growing list of high concept network shows released in the wake of Lost. Very few of these shows have succeeded creatively or commercially, and they exist now as remnants on DVD for the few fans they may have had. (You know the ones: FlashForward, The Event, Terra Nova, Alcatraz, etc.). Like Lost, J.J. Abrams has his name on Revolution, but to be clear: this is Eric Kripke's show. In seasons 2-5, under Kripke's firm hand, Supernatural was one of the most enjoyable, well crafted, and under-appreciated shows on TV. He is a talented man and a quality show-runner. In many ways I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, which I will over the coming few weeks. That being said, as a pilot, Revolution isn't very good. The concept is what it is. It doesn't make much sense, and the way the show is thus far portraying society as having evolved and developed after the lack of power is a bit silly. But I can forgive that for now if the series begins to create interesting running plots and, more importantly, worthwhile characters. At the end of the day a high concept show like this is only as good as its characters. That's why Lost was such a success, and too many of these shows seem to forget that. For the most part, Revolution's cast of characters is quite bland so far, and each fits into a distinct archetype. Yes, it's a pilot, and it succumbed to all of the worst things pilots do. Only Giancarlo Esposito and Billy Burke make any sort of an impression, and that's mostly because I like them from other things than any great character they have here. But that could change, and evolve. And I hope that it does. I'm keeping this on a short leash, but I'll watch another episode or two and see how things develop and which course they decide to go down.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
looking forward to the new Dexter season *screams like a little girl*
I disliked last season, but I'm genuinely interested in this year. Things are finally shaken up and the status quo is shifting, and I think it could be pretty darn good. I'm cautiously optimistic.