Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
What's with comedies not having footage from the trailer in the movie?

I saw The Campaign today (hilarious) and noticed a pet peeve that has been occurring in comedies since Bridesmaids. A lot of the lines/ footage in the trailer aren't in the movie. It's not just one or two things but entire segments. Most of the footage ends up on the "unrated" edition of the DVD and that's fine but just don't put it all in the trailer, then not have it in the movie. I laughed out loud pretty hard in the trailer for The Campaign when Ferrel goes "I feel like Britney Spears at the VMAs" and also "Shove a throwing star up a Chinese monkey's..." and neither lines were in the movie. I just don't see the point of only having 70% of the trailer in the actual movie.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:21 PM
That is annoying I agree.

Another one is when you love a trailer and laugh through the entire thing, and then you go to see the actual movie and you find that the ONLY funny scenes in the entire movie were the ones you saw in the trailer.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 PM
It might be me, but it seems like you are making two different points.

I like that comedies are not putting the best or all their jokes in the trailers. I hate going to see a movie where all the best lines I already saw. We on this site have bitched about trailers for years. I am happy with the way trailers are going. Less is more

I am not sure what you mean about trailer footage not being in the movie but in the unrated dvd version.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
It might be me, but it seems like you are making two different points.

I think that was my fault. I added a second annoyance. Sorry - I am bad about trailing off...