Old 09-04-2012, 02:17 AM
The Possession

Directed by Ole Bornedal

Written by Juliet Snowden, Stiles White

Premise: Based on a true story, "The Possession" is the terrifying story of how one family must unite in order to survive the wrath of an unspeakable evil.

Clyde (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Stephanie Brenek (Kyra Sedgwick) see little cause for alarm when their youngest daughter Em becomes oddly obsessed with an antique wooden box she purchased at a yard sale. But as Em’s behavior becomes increasingly erratic, the couple fears the presence of a malevolent force in their midst, only to discover that the box was built to contain a dibbuk, a dislocated spirit that inhabits and ultimately devours its human host.

Starring: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Kyra Sedgewick, Madison Davenport, Natasha Calis.

Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material involving violence and disturbing sequences

Runtime: 91 minutes

Am I the only one who has seen this? Anybody?

I actually liked it. Jeffrey Dean Morgan and the young actresses who play the little girls are all great. Kyra Sedgewick is fine, though she isn't given as much to do.

Admittedly this isn't anything we haven't seen before. But I thought it was elegantly directed, had a strong sense of atmosphere and some good scare scenes. But what really made this movie work for me was that there was a real sense of family between the characters. The chemistry was perfect among the actors. I actually kind of cared what happened to these people. And the movie slowly builds in it's suspense until we get to the big climax which I thought was well done.

Last edited by ilovemovies; 09-04-2012 at 02:21 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 02:47 AM
I want to see this but I'll be waiting for it to come to Xfinity before I watch it.

I had high hopes for The Devil Inside based on the trailer and that movie was total shit.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:26 AM
its a pg-13, probably be shit