Old 07-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Despicable Me 2

DESPICABLE ME 2

Directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud

Written by Ken Daurio and Cinco Paul

Starring the voices of Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Benjamin Bratt, Miranda Cosgrove, Russell Brand, Steve Coogan

Rated PG for rude humor and mild action

Running Time of 98 Minutes

Gru is recruited by the Anti-Villain League to help deal with a powerful new super criminal.

I really enjoyed the first movie and this is certainly getting better reviews than this week's other wide release. I recognize that some do not like the Minions, but I absolutely adore those wacky little yellow dudes. Their slapstick kills me.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
I recognize that some do not like the Minions, but I absolutely adore those wacky little yellow dudes. Their slapstick kills me.
Same they crack me up haha. I really liked the first one, so I am definitely looking forward to this one hopefully I can find time to see it in theaters if not I will definitely watch on dvd or blu ray or whatever.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm with you guys. The minions absolutely crack me up and I enjoyed the hell out of the first one.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:48 AM
My review:

The first Despicable Me film found a perfect balance between the surprisingly affecting story of a super villain finding his heart through the daughters he adopts, and the ridiculous, silly, and juvenile Minions. The Minions became very popular breakout characters, and I will fully admit to enjoying their antics. Despicable Me 2 falls prey to a flaw that many sequels in this situation do, however. The breakout characters that were better in small doses take center stage, and the balance is lost as the sillines is amped up. The Minions basically share half of the movie with Gru (Steve Carell), and while I do still find them adorable and funny, it became almost too much to handle. Every time I became invested in Gru’s story in the film, we quickly jumped back to the Minions. It’s an unfortunate and perhaps expected circumstance, but it renders this a somewhat generic sequel.

Gru’s story is sweet, but it lacks the heart and earnestness that made the first film special. Kristen Wiig plays Lucy (she played a different character in the first film), who becomes Gru’s de facto love interest. Wiig is fun, but Lucy is a thin character, and the romance is almost forced into the film. Benjamin Bratt and Ken Jeong also join the cast as Eduardo and Floyd, and Bratt in particular brings passion and energy to a role that centers in the film’s mystery. More interesting is the continuing story of Gru and his daughters, and Agnes (Elsie Kate Fisher) continues to be the heart of this series. She is weird and adorable, and takes center stage over the other sisters. It is in these moments that Carell truly shines.

The animation is sharp and bright, and Coffin and Renaud keep things moving swiftly. The film has a madcap, Looney Tunes-esque tone and emphasis on slapstick that keeps things light and enjoyable. The final act is an action packed spectacle that shows off the diversity and bright colors of this unique animated world. All’s not lost, then, as despite the lack of balance and overemphasis on silliness, Despicable Me 2 still manages to be a cute time at the movies.

Last edited by SpikeDurden; 07-08-2013 at 01:46 AM..
Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 PM
3.5/5

a solid kid's movie. minions are still main reason to see this movie
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Dug it. That is all. Cute.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:08 AM
DESPICABLE ME 2

Despicable Me 2 may be extremely predictable,but still managed to charm and entertain me.
Gru and crew (of course the 10,400 Minions are back) face off against a new villain with an assist from
Lucy Wilde, an Anti-Villain League agent,who is brought to life with some very enthusiastic voice work
from Kristen Wiig .Part of the fun of DM2 is a ton of cool visual references to some of my favorite films.
If your like me and my son and cant get enough of the Minions get read for a Major Minion Picture in

Scale of 1-10 an 8
Old 08-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Loved it, took my daughter who insists we sit dead centre front row. Apart from the thumping headache I got from sitting to close we had a ball.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:24 AM
I like it
Especially that yellow robot,he is hot now