Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Dead Island: Riptide

Quote:
Dead Island Riptide emerging in 2013
August 31, 2012 9:19AM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Next entry in franchise arriving next year with new weather system and engine upgrades; character statistics importable from original game.

Dead Island Riptide will seek to pull gamers into its current in 2013, Joystiq reports. The game was announced earlier this summer with no release date attached to it.

Dead Island Riptide is a follow-up to last year's zombie shooter and boasts new weather effects like flooding, as well as general upgrades to its game engine. The game takes place on another island of the archipelago depicted in the original game.

In addition, Dead Island Riptide players will be able to import save information from the original Dead Island. The game is due out for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

The original Dead Island was developed by Techland and released in September 2011 to generally positive review scores. The game shipped 3 million copies and welcomed various add-on packs. Speculation about a follow-up sparked in November, when Techland filed a trademark application for Dead World.
So we are getting a sequel to the somewhat polarizing Dead Island. Debate about the original stacking up to that first trailer released aside Dead Island was a pretty good game over all.

I personally am only about 80% through (about to head to the prison) so i'm not sure how it all plays out exactly but it seems that you'll be using the same characters as in the first game.

While Dead Island had its share of flaws, like any game, it usually worked quite well and i rarely had problems with laggy frame rates or the like. Hopefully this "updated" engine will still preform smoothly on the current systems.

I for one am looking forward to this new installment. Form what i recall most of the hate for the game was that it wasn't really new (in concept, game play, etc) and too many ppl were stacking it up against Left 4 Dead and others instead of just enjoying the game itself.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Dead Island was a badass game..Sure it wasn't that pretty and it had a shit ton of bugs but the fun out weighed everything..I actually saw a pre-order for this in this weeks Best Buy ad and I was wondering if it was an expansion or a whole new game..Now that I know its a new game I will be putting this on my radar
Old 09-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I really enjoyed Dead Island. I haven't had that much fun with a horror style game since Doom 3. I will be sure to pick this one up when it drops.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah the game is pretty fun and most bugs are manage able. I do get pissed off whenever my throwing machete would disapear into terrain and become unpickable. Luckly once you get to the jungle ammo is eacy to come by so i just shoot those damn Exploder's these days.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
*Spoiler for last boss*

I kinda screwed myself over on the last boss. For those of you familiar with it when you finally get to the roof and he injects himself to become super zombie, I wasnt sure what to do so I ran around for a min and then said "hey I bet I can jump on this chopper to slow him down". Well the problem with that is that it basically makes you invincible. He will just walk around while you fire/hit away at him from the top of the chopper. So without knowing it I kinda cheated myself out of the last fight. I never went back to redo it but I need to

*End Spoiler*
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I've been waiting for this game to come out for quite some time. The enjoyability stems from upgrading weapons and completing quests. The good: Heavy Customization. You customize and modify your weapons This is a lot of choice in this game. This game to me is just great. The weapons are fun and customizing is amazing. This game is brilliant, what can I say, the setting is awesome.

Click to Play Free Defense Games At DefenseGamesHome.Com
Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Link to the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nL3u...layer_embedded

Not as good as the original trailer for part 1 but still solid.