Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Animal Rights

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 05:13 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
As it stands in today's society, people in general have no respect for themselves, others, or any living thing in the animal kingdom. I will also include the native wildlife, as in flora, into that list. People have alot to answer for. Man is responsible for the extinction of many species. As well as pushing to the brink, many more species. That is how it has been, and always will be until one day it will all stop. I have utter contempt for any person, or persons causing, or by indirect, action causing the harm of an animal. This is their planet too. People are shit. Complete and unquestionable shit. I rescue drowning lady beatles from my pool almost each and every day. While 99% of the uncaring population couldn't give two hoots. I on the other hand, do. I feel wrecked when I see a poor bee has drowned in my pool. I have been considering for many years to also become a vegetarian. I shudder at the thought of another life being taken to feed my belly. But how far does this go? Am I to stop eating beans in fear they might cry out as I digest them one at a time? You get the point though. I love animals. And I love the plant life. But what can one do?

I'll give you prime examples of human traditions that disgust me no end.

The fox hunt, matador bull fighting, rhino slaying for their horns. Just so some limp dick can get an erection. Fur trade. Exotic bird farming for their carcases. Illegal bird mailing. And their are a million other things I could add to this obnoxious list. I despise people. I despise people even more so who commit heinous acts towards our beloved animal friends. Whether it be a great white shark or a green tree frog, they all demand our respect. I fucking hate people. As you can tell I love animals, and would never ever consciously hurt one. Not even a fly. Yes, it's true. Life is sacred, and precious. And it should be treated as such. Human or animal, or plant.

In short... fuck man

Last edited by God of War; 10-22-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
What does that term mean to you?

I often hear the term used as if it represented a single idea, but it doesn't.

To me it represents the idea of respecting animals, causing them as little pain as possible, but still acknowledging that we are also animals -- omnivorous ones at that. Perhaps I might also interpret the term to mean we should ensure there is enough wild areas and complete eco-systems, inclusive of predation, for other species to continue their evolutionary process without human interference.
Well animal rights is about pretecting animals from all diffrent things

I would say the most dangerous animal is the human being

Look at what the proach in the sea and on land
In Africa animals were able to roam around and do there own thing but now they are shot and killed for a variety of things and then other people have to put them in pretected areas so the species survive

Look at the sharks they are wather animals and they bite to kill because we are in there water

In Perth they are considering culling sharks that kill well if we were more careful we wouldnt have to do this
Old 10-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I have utter contempt for any person, or persons causing, or by indirect, action causing the harm of an animal.
About 95% of people you see every day including your own close family members have been indirectly putting chickens in this...

If they've had any chicken products that means you have contempt for them as well? Just take a step back, take a deep breath and distance yourself kinda like you said. That's all you can do.

IMO as for hunters at the end of the day the way they treat the animals they hunt and kill is more humane than the farmed or commercial companies that farm raise chickens, turkeys, pigs, cows, veal, ducks, lamb, mutton and all the other meats that get on your table via costco and all those other big brand stores.

The hunters' kill at least never experienced abuse from humans suffering for years on end only to be beaten and destroyed having their legs broken on purpose so they gain weight and have steroids pumped in them. They are then fed chemicals for that pinkier or redder looking flesh and get beaten senseless and get to watch the animal next to them die slow deaths knowing they are next to experience it.

Also hunting serves a purpose of population control & disease spreading that would otherwise actually kill off an entire population. Preservation and conservation are key aspects of hunting. But of course animal abuse (depending on how you define it) and poaching isn't cool.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Well l have to disgree
In australia we have free range chickens where they are not couped up like that image above

But l have to agree also that we have some parts in Australia that still do this type of thing

if you had everyone buying free range we would stamp out this type of thing altogether
Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well l have to disgree
In australia we have free range chickens where they are not couped up like that image above

But l have to agree also that we have some parts in Australia that still do this type of thing

if you had everyone buying free range we would stamp out this type of thing altogether
Bondgirl, everything in your wilderness country of Australia is free range.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Quote:
As it stands in today's society, people in general have no respect for themselves, others, or any living thing in the animal kingdom. I will also include the native wildlife, as in flora, into that list. People have alot to answer for. Man is responsible for the extinction of many species. As well as pushing to the brink, many more species. That is how it has been, and always will be until one day it will all stop. I have utter contempt for any person, or persons causing, or by indirect, action causing the harm of an animal. This is their planet too. People are shit. Complete and unquestionable shit. I rescue drowning lady beatles from my pool almost each and every day. While 99% of the uncaring population couldn't give two hoots. I on the other hand, do. I feel wrecked when I see a poor bee has drowned in my pool. I have been considering for many years to also become a vegetarian. I shudder at the thought of another life being taken to feed my belly. But how far does this go? Am I to stop eating beans in fear they might cry out as I digest them one at a time? You get the point though. I love animals. And I love the plant life. But what can one do?

I'll give you prime examples of human traditions that disgust me no end.

The fox hunt, matador bull fighting, rhino slaying for their horns. Just so some limp dick can get an erection. Fur trade. Exotic bird farming for their carcases. Illegal bird mailing. And their are a million other things I could add to this obnoxious list. I despise people. I despise people even more so who commit heinous acts towards our beloved animal friends. Whether it be a great white shark or a green tree frog, they all demand our respect. I fucking hate people. As you can tell I love animals, and would never ever consciously hurt one. Not even a fly. Yes, it's true. Life is sacred, and precious. And it should be treated as such. Human or animal, or plant.

In short... fuck man
Very contradictory there my friend. Why? Because if ALL life is "sacred" then you wouldn't hate people with the sheer amount of contempt that you do. You can hate what they DO, just as you can hate when a bee stings you, or when a fly flies around your face and annoys you to no end. But by re-stating that you hate people over & over again, only to cap it off with "humans are part of all life that is sacred" is just a complete contradiction.

I like my approach: When it comes to stupid fucking humans, apathy is the best policy.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Bondgirl, everything in your wilderness country of Australia is free range.
Well we try and look after our animals but alot of overseas countries treat our cattle and sheep with disrepect
Mostly it is middleeast countries where some of our sheep were slaughter for no reason they said that our sheep were diseased when they were not

They clubbed our sheep and did things to them that were not right
The same is said about Indoneasia they would kill our cattle in a terrible way where they had to stop exporting them intil conditions got better
Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Very contradictory there my friend. Why? Because if ALL life is "sacred" then you wouldn't hate people with the sheer amount of contempt that you do. You can hate what they DO, just as you can hate when a bee stings you, or when a fly flies around your face and annoys you to no end. But by re-stating that you hate people over & over again, only to cap it off with "humans are part of all life that is sacred" is just a complete contradiction.

I like my approach: When it comes to stupid fucking humans, apathy is the best policy.
Well it is a shame we have to kill to eat l know it is a way to survivie on this earth

But the bloody fly is a bugger in Australia

Some summers they come in swarms land on your back like a exstented family unit with all there relaitives
also they invade your nose eyes where you have to do the royal salute to get rid of them

Also they can get into your mouth

Hey jaw have you ever experieced swallowing a fly it nearly chokes you

This is one animal l will always spray and kill with fly spray
Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 PM
I am a complete contradiction. I thought that you knew that by now?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
I am a complete contradiction. I thought that you knew that by now?
Well if I didn't before, I certainly do now! Ha!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well we try and look after our animals but alot of overseas countries treat our cattle and sheep with disrepect
Sheeeit, I disrespect sheep all the time

Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 AM
We're humans/animals. The basic fact is that we have to kill in order to survive: animal life, plant life...it's mere self-preservation, the driving force in everyone's life to sustain ourselves and keep on living. That includes hunting animals down, growing and harvesting crops, raising livestock, picking cotton, and everything done in the name of our means of living.

That's the way it's always been since we first evolved into the humans we are today, though I would concede that driving to a grocery store and buying packaged meat is a far cry from our ancestral tradition of going out and hunting it down for a day or two, killing it, skinning it, and doing everything ourselves.

Also, I'm not endorsing every little thing that we've done as a world society. In the name of experimentation, science, and progress, we have done a few things that have turned out to be harmful to our ecosystem (nuclear power, carbon emissions, chemical waste, genetic "enhancement" of plants and animals, etc). The fact that we continue to create and dump these harmful elements into our environment doesn't help anybody or anything. We certainly need to do more on that end and improve our practices.

Personally, I see advocating animal rights as just a feel-good effort. It's a noble cause and I'm sure you feel accomplished when you achieve a goal, but it's nothing more than either creating a social stigma or an social approval on certain behaviors toward certain animals.

I try not to let the actions of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) influence my opinion, but it's kind of difficult when they try to pull the shit that they do. They're an infuriating bunch, them.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Well l was watching a doco on how they kill goats in England

The first thing they do is drag the poor goat into the little tramber and then shock them and then cut the vein ni there neck next they put them upside down and let all the blood drain out of the body

The animal is still alive while this is happening

it was quite sickening to watch this happening