Old 09-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Park Chan-wook's The Stoker

Synopsis

After India's (Wasikowska's) father dies in an auto accident, her Uncle Charlie (Goode), who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother Evelyn (Kidman). Soon after his arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.

apple trailer link

Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Holy shit.....

Chan-Wook Park

Last edited by CuatroDiablos; 09-27-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Love Nicole in roles like this (like The Others: creepy). I've taken a liking to Mia Wakiwasaka (sp?) since "In Treatment" and this looks like the perfect role for her.

But it's Park Chan-wook so I'd be there even if it was starring Barbara Streisand and Lindsey Lohan.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Not blown away by the trailer (I'm not much of a horror fan) but I like the cast and I would never doubt Chan-wook. So I'm definitely in.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM
I read the script back in April and thought it was decent. The trailer's pretty close to it. I was surprised mostly that Pretty was such a neat writer. Another thing is that this has nothing to do with Dracula.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Loved the trailer, don't like Nicole Kidman, but I love the director, so I'm going to remain confident.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Asian director doing US movie don't have a good record .... but I still hope
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 PM
So excited for this one. Was wondering why it didn't show up at TIFF. Trailer makes the movie look pretty fun.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Personally, I thought Old Boy was overrated, completely unbelievable, and actually quite dull. However, this looks like my kind of flick. That trailer certainly has me interested.