Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Would You Ever let A Woman Walk Home On Her own if It was late At Night

There was a disappeace of a woamn in melbourne on satuday morning 2am

This women decided to walk home alone but called her brother stating that she was being followed by a man or men

if you were out on the town with a woman would you take her home or would you leave it up to her on getting home

I know alot of women will walk on there own and l am one of those who does that when l come home from walk at night

I have also walked home from the pub and have never been scared maybe only once when l thought l was being followed so l went to the front door of someones house and the person went on there way

But l feel you have to have wits about making sure no one is folllowing because well you never know
http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/latest/...or-mystery-man

At the moment they are looking for this woman who was nearly at her house she only had 200mtres to go

But they say that there was a man following her and they will be relesing the film soon

They also found her handbag which was left in a lane way and they have found her shoes

This is her and she has been missing for 4 days

I just dont understand what the thrill is in raping or murdering young women

Last edited by Bondgirl; 09-25-2012 at 10:27 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
No I wouldn't. I would driver her to her place, even if she insisted on walking home.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Well this woman up above declined offers to walk her home

She was five mins from home

What is it that men think women want it just because they walk home

Do you think it is the way they are dressed

I have been approached only a few days back but all this guy wanted was the time

But geez it was a rainy nainy night and all l could hear was footsteps rushing behind me

I did have my unbrella ready to wack the person

it is good that you would drive a woman home God of War

I do think things are getting dangerous but that doesnt stop me from going out alone at night

Geez women should have the right to feel safe
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM
most of the shittiest things happen close to home since that is the place we feel most secure and are less aware

I do it all the time .... maybe not all the way but to her car at least. My area can be creepy around 2-4am so after a fun evening , i'd like to think my friends are safe when they go back to their places and 3-4 street corners might not seem much but who knows.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
I do think things are getting dangerous but that doesn't stop me from going out alone at night
You need to be extra careful. What precautions do you take?

- An Uzi 9mm stashed under your jacket? No?
- How about a Beretta in your pants/jeans? No?
- I know. A Derringer in your stockings. No?

Got it! Your own personal APC

Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
most of the shittiest things happen close to home since that is the place we feel most secure and are less aware

I do it all the time .... maybe not all the way but to her car at least. My area can be creepy around 2-4am so after a fun evening , i'd like to think my friends are safe when they go back to their places and 3-4 street corners might not seem much but who knows.
Well it is true as you are approaching the street you live in you do relax

but you still have to have your wits about yourself

It is sad we have to be like this

My Boss and workmates get quite worried about me standing at the bus stop the place where l stand is not lit up

So it is hard to see people approching where l am standing

All l say to them is if l am chased l will run to the school where l work as a caterer

One can run fast when you are scared
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post

Well l am a Bond Girl

I have my gun
Only kidding
Old 09-25-2012, 11:31 PM
as old-fashioned as it is to insist on taking her home if it's late, I gotta say: if I knew the girl well enough, I'd trust her to be on her own...

I once dated a girl who took on a group of 4 guys (with drunken ideas in their heads) and she walked away with just a small bruise. She was a scrapper, that one...was able to beat them all up.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:

Yes l try and be very careful
I have my mobile on just incase l need to use it
Plus l never go down laneways as this woman did who disappeared
I never go through parks because people can jump out of bushes and grab you too

I have had a car stop with a group o blokes in it trying to intice me in it and l have kept walking sometimes poeple do this for a joke but sometimes they think it is a chance of grabbing a woman or girl
Some girls can be very stupid they get blind drunk or ver tipsy and they are a chane fro a man to take advanage of you

I just think you have to be careful on who you trust and sometimes in the case of this woman she went to two tavaerns before walking home and he might have come from one of tose p;aces

Also in Brunswick where she disappeared there have been seven attempted ubductions so there is some man trying to do terrible things

Hopefully they put up the footage of the bloke who was following this woamn when they do l will put it on here

I just wonder who he looks like so at least you can keep a look out for him if l am in this area
Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
as old-fashioned as it is to insist on taking her home if it's late, I gotta say: if I knew the girl well enough, I'd trust her to be on her own...

I once dated a girl who took on a group of 4 guys (with drunken ideas in their heads) and she walked away with just a small bruise. She was a scrapper, that one...was able to beat them all up.

Well it is alright that you trust her to go off on her own but these days you have to becareful

Just say it was a freind who you knew well and that person disappeared wouldnt you feel bad that you could ahve given her a lift

Well l know if l disappeared l would be missed by all and if someone offered me a lift and they knew me ll would take it
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Well of course I would feel bad...I felt bad enough that she had to go through what she did, though I'm glad she came out relatively unscathed
Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Well the woman who has disappeared is still missing after 4 days
The police said that when she made the call to her brother she could hear males voices behind her but couldnt see him or them

I know you would feel bad but l bet it gives you second thoughts of letting a woman go off on there own

But some women might make it home safe after being attacked but some will be raped

Just thinking of a pack of men doing this to one woman is terrible

i just hope it doesnt happen to me because it would be terrible to be trated in this ay
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 AM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...r-mystery-man/

Well now they have footage on the bloke but from what l can see here l can not see him clearly enough

I can see the woman who was abducted and the back of the man

But you can not be sure if this guy abducted her or not

He looks quite tall in this photo and looks thick set in appearance but you need a shot of his face

Last edited by Bondgirl; 09-26-2012 at 12:44 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
No I wouldn't. I would driver her to her place, even if she insisted on walking home.
There you go.
The gentlemanly thing to do.
I would do the same.
This world is getting screwier by the damned day.
Be safe.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Well, some times this scenario is difficult. Here's a story:

I went out with a Vietnamese woman once; nice chick, and I liked speaking with her. She knew zero English so I had no choice but to practice the language with her.
One night, we went out and had some drinks. I'm a pretty big guy, but this woman is barely five feet, probably 90 pounds soaking wet. I told her "don't worry, I will make sure you're alright." And I meant it, too.
Well, two beers later we get to one more place before I think to help her to a cab. She orders a Cosmopolitan. After I'm done with my own, I start to feel a slight buzz. She has half of hers left, and I notice she's just talking about random shit and is obviously drunk. Being the chivalrous dipshit that I am (meaning I concern more for the woman than my own desires), I decide it's time to call it quits and get her a cab home. I don't know where she lives.
I said "OK let's get going" and before I could stop her, she downs the last half of the drink. I thought holy hell! and two minutes later I'm on the corner of the road trying to hail a cab. None will stop for us. Finally one shows up, and she insists on not getting into the damned cab.
Not knowing where she lives, I want to make sure she'll be alright. So I half-carry her stumbling ass to my place. Takes 15 minutes for a 5 minute walk. The whole time she's completely random like this:
"So do you like my shirt? I'm wearing it because I think it's nice; I don't like the people that work at the embassy, they think they're so high and mighty and better than me; why doesn't Ngoc like me? Do you like her? So many more people like her and she has all these friends and yet I don't and *sniffle* some times I just feel so sad; I wish I was with my family..."

At my place, I tell her "please, sleep on my couch or in my bed. I don't want you going home for at least four hours, though. You are drunk and I want to make sure you're OK."
She just keeps talking. 20 minutes later, it's 1:30am and I'm falling asleep on my feet. She's still talking.
I said, "Please, would you just sit on my couch? I am really tired and I have to go to bed. I want you here long enough to get home safely."
She insists that "no, you must stay with me please don't leave I am not tired you shouldn't be too. I don't want to - yesterday I ...."
Five minutes later and I'm a little pissed and really fucking tired. I say again, "please, just sit here -" and I lightly touch her arm to move her in that direction.
She snaps her arm back violently and starts getting pissed at me for wanting to sleep.
I say "You really need to just sit down. Please?"
Instead she looks at me, fuming. I say "Look, I have to sleep now. Please stay on the couch. I will be in my room if you need to talk to me. Don't go anywhere."
She starts talking shit about me, and I head to my room. I can hear her putting on her shoes amongst several stumbles. The door opens and I hear her clopping down the stairs.
I say to myself "She should NOT be going home. I should at least help her to a cab-" and immediately fall asleep mid-thought.

I woke up about 5 hours later, completely guilty. I have a slew of texts saying the following:
How dare you leave me alone, I don't know how to leave your apartment complex-
and I had to get a cab all by myself -
You should be angry for leaving me alone like that -
I never want to talk to you again

Well, I text back saying "I'm so sorry. Are you ok? Please, you can never talk to me again but I want to make sure you're alright."

7 hours later she texts, "Sorry, I was so drunk last night I don't remember anything that happened."

I try my best to be a good person and make sure a woman that spends time with me is safe and never taken advantage of. There are times, I realized, where that's not so simple.
I learned my lesson!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Well l have another photo of the man who was last seen with Jill

There is footage also but l cant seem to find it at this moment l will keep looking

There were several men who pasted Jill and one even turned around and now has come forward to tell the police what he saw

There has also been delevelopments on another woman who is a celeb who was approached and knocked off her bike

I will get that link also

it seems that also there is or maybe another man invloved he stopped in his car and l am not sure if the man pictured above was with this man also

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...ked-me-deveny/

This woman here is around her early 40's so it looks as though if the man above it involved with this celeb he seems to not care what age a woman is

There has not been any sights of Jill yet it is the 5th day since she has vanished

Also in the photo of her outside the shop she is dressed nicely and she was wearing very huge high heeels so she wouldnt have been able to run in those
Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...cked-me-deveny

here is the footage geez it took me a while to find but have a look and see what happened
You will see the man come accused go past the shop and then you will see him again
Also you will see a man turn and he is the one who has come forward

here is the picture of both women
I was wondering if this guy is a serial killer

The women seem to look very simalar in looks

Last edited by Bondgirl; 09-26-2012 at 09:47 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...-jill-meagher/

Okay wanted to give you all a update on Jill who went missing

The man who was in the clip dressed in blue and wearing a hoodie has been charged with rape and murder of Jill

The body has been found near Gisbourne in a shallow grave and near a wattle tree

At least he took the police to where he buried Jill

I still can not understand how a man can do this but he did

next time a woman need a lift take her home

This is where she was found in a scubland about a hours drive out of Melbourne
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 PM
i usually like to ask girls at the bar if they plan on walking to their car by themselves at night,then i sit back and wait.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Well waht happened here is a warning on what can happen if you are woman and walking by yourself at 2am in the morning

You can not be too trusting of men

This guy circled this woman twice before he went and raped her

There are women who have second thoughts on walking alone and after this l would take a ride home if l knew the bloke
Even you have to go to the exsent of if you meet a bloke at the pub you shoulfdnt go walking off with him in this day and age
Old 09-28-2012, 12:55 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...eaghers-murder

I feel for Jills husband and what happened to his wife

Did you know they had only been married for 3 yrs and to have this happen would be so terrible

This is the bloke who raped and murdered Jill

It is sad once again how a man could do this
Old 09-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Well, some times this scenario is difficult.

I try my best to be a good person and make sure a woman that spends time with me is safe and never taken advantage of. There are times, I realized, where that's not so simple.
I learned my lesson!
Hopefully she learned her lesson as well. You were there for her, you tried to help, there's only so much one can do. She has a responsibility as well to not put herself into vulnerable situations such as getting herself drunk and running off into the night. You can't really have chained her down, so it was out of your hands at that point.

You did a good thing.

That's so sad what happened to Jill, Bondgirl. We can never to be too careful. Men too! A guy could run into some kind of gang or who knows what. It just isn't safe for anybody to be out wandering in the middle of the night, and I agree with Dirtyfrog, we have a false sense of security in our own neighborhoods. We feel we're safe when we're not.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd insist on taking her home. Sadly, the world is dangerous enough to the point where it wouldn't even be a question for me.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
The way things are today, I am afraid to walk home on my home even during the day. I was mugged here in Nashville last May. He knocked me out, took my wallet, cell phone, and keys. He could have killed me. I woke up in the back of an ambulance.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post

This is the bloke who raped and murdered Jill

It is sad once again how a man could do this
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...58692298_n.jpg

Silly people trying to censor an image they got off the internet.

As for if I'd let a woman walk home alone at night... No. When out with friends we always make sure they get home safe either by walking them back or making sure they get a taxi there.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
The way things are today, I am afraid to walk home on my home even during the day. I was mugged here in Nashville last May. He knocked me out, took my wallet, cell phone, and keys. He could have killed me. I woke up in the back of an ambulance.
Jim, I am so sorry that happened to you. I am glad you are okay. What a terrible thing to go through.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:43 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I would. Unless she requested I give her a ride or something. I don't get into anybody's business outta nowhere.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Depends on the situation, but if it's a relative or girlfriend or friend then of course I'd try to get them home.

Personally, I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to this sort of thing. I live in a somewhat dangerous area and kinda walk around when I feel like it. Not trying to be a badass or anything, but sometimes I like to see what corner stores are open. Somehow I've never been mugged.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
Jim,just asking,but where were mugged in nashville last may? I've been here going on 3 years and its one of the safest cities I've ever been to.

Maybe and obama supporter,or an avid TDKR rises fan that read your post. Idk? And if you feel afraid to go outside during the day,go over to the marine who lost his shit and killed some innocent people thread started by bondgirl for my response to your quote on that
Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Hopefully she learned her lesson as well. You were there for her, you tried to help, there's only so much one can do. She has a responsibility as well to not put herself into vulnerable situations such as getting herself drunk and running off into the night. You can't really have chained her down, so it was out of your hands at that point.

You did a good thing.

That's so sad what happened to Jill, Bondgirl. We can never to be too careful. Men too! A guy could run into some kind of gang or who knows what. It just isn't safe for anybody to be out wandering in the middle of the night, and I agree with Dirtyfrog, we have a false sense of security in our own neighborhoods. We feel we're safe when we're not.

Well it is true what you said in your post

You can only offer assisdence and if a woman doesnt take it she is on her own

Jill had gone this route many times but in alot of cases she was followed and if this guy was annoying her she should hav etold the men who were passing her there was quite a few who were around and you could see some of the worried looks on there faces

Sometimes men are not sure whether to jump in nkow they might be bashed too

Alot of women do get drunk and when a woman is like this they can be a tarket for some men

In Melbourne a salvation Army guy said that there are men who are in there late forties and fiftys going around trying to target young women and this guy has seen it happen

So if you tried to help this woman that is great but sometimes a woman needs to learn a lesson first before next keeping them selfs safe

I am always careful when l am waiting in the dark at the bus stop and l wish they could have it lit up

But a person l was talking to said maybe l better off not having it lit up because in others words they can not see you
Old 09-30-2012, 10:16 PM
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...-meagher-site/

There has been such a outpouring of grief in Australia about all of this that 30'000 men and women marched yesterday for the woamn Jill who was murdered and raped plus to show support to women also that they have the rights to go out and injoy life even though it is late at night
Like l said that if you offer a woman a lift or walk her home l think it is wonderful a person would do this plus if it was me l wouldnt feel scared

if a woman refuses a man who she knows in giving this offer of safty she is silly these days you need to be safe

This link upsbove is a plight beteeen facebook and the Australian police

For the muder trial there can not be a out pouring of hate and it is coming pretty bad

The people of Facebook will not close down Jills sites which have been statted of facebook

Becvause of all this it could effect the court from giving the man who raped and murdered Jill a fair trial

it will be interesting to see if the Australian police can stop the social media gaint from keeping these areas going

I wonder if this guy will get off the charges of rape and murder because of this if he does

Women will have to take precations again
Old 10-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I'd insist on taking her home. Sadly, the world is dangerous enough to the point where it wouldn't even be a question for me.
This 200%
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...58692298_n.jpg

Silly people trying to censor an image they got off the internet.

As for if I'd let a woman walk home alone at night... No. When out with friends we always make sure they get home safe either by walking them back or making sure they get a taxi there.
Well when you are charged with a affence this is what happens they cover a persons face

Also before he was charged you had a full veiw of that person

There is also still problems between the police and facebook in closing down hate sites because what happens is that a person can not get a fair trial

Which we all know that we would prefer this bloke to be put away for ever..

Also it states he had four children but he lived in a bungelow in the back yard to me that is very weird

Also Jill is going to be honored and with the permission of the family they will be putting up a memioral for her

It goes to ahow that there has never been a outpouring of so many people regarding this woman

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...-jill-meagher/

Also Jill will be on Friday this week so l bet there willl be a huge gathering for this woman