Old 09-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Favorite Trashy Movie!

MORTAL THOUGHTS! Surprised the hell out of me as one of those psychological thrillers that stands the test of time & still holds up 20 years later despite the unsympathetic characters...the Fab Four (Bruce & Demi, Harvey & Headly) totally rising above the uneven Jersey accents & lurid subject matter! It's playing on Encore again this month & I find myself watching it the whole way through every time! I even added it to my Amazon Wishlist today! HaHaHa!

This is one of Demi's best roles ever, as she shared combustible chemistry with her three co-stars (the rape/murder flashbacks must have been extremely difficult for then husband/wife Willis & Moore to film!).

Some friends will always get you into trouble no matter what! Story of my fucking life!

FUCKIN' SPOILERS!

Last edited by Antonio141; 03-12-2013 at 11:27 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 PM

and most recently
Old 09-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Basic Instinct comes to mind. Not really sure though what the definition of a "trashy" movie is.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 AM
Killer Joe was great
Old 09-29-2012, 03:24 AM
Show Girls
Old 09-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Buffalo 66
Choke
Barfly
Bad Santa
Leaving Las Vegas

More of degenerate down and out losers going nowhere in life.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 PM
When I think "trashy" I think about exploitation flicks or schlock like the Toxic Avenger.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
Buffalo 66
Choke
Barfly
Bad Santa
Leaving Las Vegas

More of degenerate down and out losers going nowhere in life.
All great choices.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 AM
Wild Things
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I meant MAINSTREAM TRASHY like a few of the great afore-mentioned titles aside from mine, especially LEAVING LAS VEGAS, RUNNING SCARED, BASIC INSTINCT & WILD THINGS! I'd also like to add the following: BULLY, SAVAGES, HUSTLE & FLOW and ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE.

Last edited by Antonio141; 10-05-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I dig Buffalo 66, Leaving Las Vegas, etc quite a bit, but I'm thinking Basic Instinct, Killer Joe, and Wild Things come closer to the definition here - all great choices which I'm 100% on board with as well. All trashy and lurid in a great pulpy way whereas I think Buffalo 66 and Leaving Las Vegas are about sleazy characters but are not necessarily trashy movies. There's too much meat in them, both of them working more as gritty character dramas (with a few bizarrely hilarious sequences in the case of Buffalo 66) than anything else. In contrast, Killer Joe, Wild Things and Basic Instinct are primarily about low-brow thrills, blatant sexual tension, and lurid twists, with very little point other than to entertain and/or shock (not a negative imo). I think Verhoeven and dePalma movies generally hit this spot pretty well (the McAdams/Rapace movie Passion looks like it will fit in this category to a T).

I also have a soft spot for Cruel Intentions, embarrassingly enough.

Last edited by JCPhoenix; 10-02-2012 at 07:56 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend23 View Post
Wild Things
Yes. I enjoyed that crap too
Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 AM
The Paperboy looks like it good be nice and trashy
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
I dig Buffalo 66, Leaving Las Vegas, etc quite a bit, but I'm thinking Basic Instinct, Killer Joe, and Wild Things come closer to the definition here - all great choices which I'm 100% on board with as well. All trashy and lurid in a great pulpy way whereas I think Buffalo 66 and Leaving Las Vegas are about sleazy characters but are not necessarily trashy movies. There's too much meat in them, both of them working more as gritty character dramas (with a few bizarrely hilarious sequences in the case of Buffalo 66) than anything else. In contrast, Killer Joe, Wild Things and Basic Instinct are primarily about low-brow thrills, blatant sexual tension, and lurid twists, with very little point other than to entertain and/or shock (not a negative imo). I think Verhoeven and dePalma movies generally hit this spot pretty well (the McAdams/Rapace movie Passion looks like it will fit in this category to a T).

I also have a soft spot for Cruel Intentions, embarrassingly enough.
The movies I picked just have trashy characters in them, but are very well made. When I think of trashy movies, I think of movies like kids or U-turn. My interpretation of it was movies that portray trashy characters.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:55 AM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 04:31 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 04:44 AM
Give it to Toxic.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM
I saw ''The Marine'' back when I was a WWE fan.

I also saw it because it featured Robert Patrick.

Crappy movie. 4/10
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Jack Ketchum's The Lost
Basket Case
Sleepaway Camp
Night Of The Comet
Re-Animator & From Beyond
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
EVEN MORE GREAT SLEAZEFESTS!

SAVAGES, THE KILLER INSIDE ME, KILLER JOE, DRIVE ANGRY & STRAW DOGS