Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseanymacx View Post
This season is really picking up some steam now. Great episode.
Tied with the Halloween episode as my favorite so far. Shit got crazy and I enjoyed Kerri Kinney playing a normal person (I forever associate her as Trudy Weigel and it was weird seeing her so straightlaced) and she did a great job as the psychologist. Jesus, The Reynolds Twins might be the craziest of the gang afterall (I'm at least 99.9% sure Dennis is a serial killer and Dee's "tell me I'm good" rant was insane). Charlie being the most well adjusted according to the shrink was a great twist as was Dennis feeding Mac Mexican speed pills which led to his chronic weight loss. I thought DeVito has been kind of off so far this season(He seems tired and like he was being fed his lines in the first four eps to me.) but he was great last night and Frank's rant about his past traumas in the nitwit home was a highlight.

Amazing episode.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:09 PM
"She had no lips!"
Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Another very funny episode. Is it just me, even though I love the character, or does Dennis's acting get worse with every passing episode, haha.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Not sure about Dennis, his character has been on a weird ride this season. After the high school reunion blowup from last season, with him talking about his murder/rape kit and this episode with him having no emotion, he might just go full serial killer this season.

This episode was one of my favorites this season, funny it was one with Charlie being the rational one for most of the episode. I normally love it when he is full nutjob but seeing him be normal for once was pretty funny too.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Another very funny episode. Is it just me, even though I love the character, or does Dennis's acting get worse with every passing episode, haha.
He had me in stitches at the end

"BLUDBA MY MOMMY'S A SKELETON"

I thought Glenn Howerton's acting was damn good this episode, especially his facial expression after passionately delivering his sermon and saying that he meant none of that. Dennis Reynolds is becoming Dexter.

I'm also still laughing at Dee's reaction when she opened up the box with Frank's blonde wig in it.

"GIVE ME MONEY, MONEY ME, MONEY NOW, ME A MONEY NEEDING A LOT NOW"

And Frank was throwing out tons of "HOOERS" which is always good.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 11-18-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
And Frank was throwing out tons of "HOOERS" which is always good.

Haha I always wondered how to spell it the way he said it, good job!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM
This season is not getting enough talk or love around these parts! This last episode was one of my favorites since near the beginning of season 7. Dennis has completely gone over the fucking edge and I love it
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM
One thing I really loved about this episode was that

Spoiler:
they used the expectations of their medium really well. They had a whole bunch of events that seemed totally ridiculous and implausible in a sort of this-is-just-TV kind of way. The whole time you're thinking "Yeah, right, this guy never comes back to look for his wallet?" etc. They used narrative really well: the end being the punch line that gives meaning and understanding to everything you've been watching for the last twenty minutes.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
One thing I really loved about this episode was that

Spoiler:
they used the expectations of their medium really well. They had a whole bunch of events that seemed totally ridiculous and implausible in a sort of this-is-just-TV kind of way. The whole time you're thinking "Yeah, right, this guy never comes back to look for his wallet?" etc. They used narrative really well: the end being the punch line that gives meaning and understanding to everything you've been watching for the last twenty minutes.

Yea I mean you really think about it and the show is exceptional in that way, something most shows haven't had in years. It is a brilliant show, shadowed in a false veil of obscenities and vulgarity.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Best finale to date (with Nightman Cometh a pretty close second).
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM
The picture array that Mac chose for his evolution chart was hilarious.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Best finale to date (with Nightman Cometh a pretty close second).
The Gang Dances Their Asses Off is a better finale than both of those.

Great season and I might be biased but I don't want this show to ever end. I'll watch the Gang do hyjinks in their 50's with 80 year old Frank standing around making faces. I find parts of every episode that I love on first viewing than find more on rewatch.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Ooooohhh, the gang dances their asses off is a great finale.