Old 10-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Obama lied too. What does that tell you?
All politions are bullshit artists
Half of the time they say they will pass things through and they dont Erroneous

It is a ploy to get the top job
Old 10-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Fuck politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Yeah, I also share your sentiments on the subject.
Christ, if only Erroneous felt the same way...
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
Why is that?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Everyone is intitled to a opinion about politics

Sometimes some will agree or disagree about certain things

I just wish you all would just settle down and talk about the thread instead of having smart alec replys

You see one starts and then everyone craps on

I sometimes wonder if there is children here instead of grownup adults
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I think everyone got the memo by now so I think this thread should be moved to the politics board.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Well then l wouldnt be able to post in ithis thrwead because l am a aussie and not american

I feel as though we have double standards sometimes

I was told that l should not post in there because no one knows about aussie politics

Also l am not influent in American politic scene

I feel also that l was learning alot in the political area and asking diffrent qestions and now l would just prefer to stay away

Anyway if you dont all behave l will get out the whip and smack you all with it

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-05-2012 at 09:29 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Why is that?
Because he's polluting the politics forum with ignorant, hateful nonsense. Y'know, like he does in every other forum.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Hey l have read a few of Erroneous's threads and they are well written

He is also not putting in hateful commnets in there all the time

I have seen some members carrying on about diffrent things and l do not see you mentioning this

Why is that everyone can not just post together without doing this type of thing

This causes fights plus then you start bringing all your own hateful commnets in here

I just wish you would just let people post and if you dont like the comnent ignore it
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Because he's polluting the politics forum with ignorant, hateful nonsense. Y'know, like he does in every other forum.
Well if he's breaking any rules then report it to the mods/admins. Other than that he has a right to his opinion. If his opinion bothers you so much then perhaps you should do yourself a favor and not go to the politics board? Just a helpful suggestion.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Well from what l am seeing in the political area he is just trying to post good topics

I also see some of you disagreeing on diffrent things but l dont see you reporting each other for that

I feel as though one person posts a negative commnet and then you all get into a group and the crap starts off

it remiinds me of school on how it can get out of hand

Leave Erroneous alone and look at what you are doing before judging him because like l said it is not just one person in there posting there are groups of you

I feel that the political area is more active than before and it is great to see so many opinions going on

i see alot of good in him because l have gotten to know him as member
he has alot to give in the political area

So act like adults instead of causing trouble

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-05-2012 at 09:55 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Also l want to state that being in the non movie area you will see alot of posts from me

it is because not enough people are oposting in here

it is the same in the politicla area

I think it is great to have alot to talk about that have a dead forum
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Agreed.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Careful Squid. Here, you can call black people lazy, suggest homosexuality is analogous to bestiality, and promote the murder of thousands of innocent children, but you can't call objective ignorance "ignorant" because it's mistaken for meaning the same thing as "stupid." I suggest "grossly misinformed" to describe Erroneous's ugly, hateful nonsense.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong View Post
Agreed.
Again if he's breaking the rules report it. Otherwise it just looks like you just want to forcefully silence opposing views. Everyone has a right to their opinion and opposing viewpoints are a part of the game. I think its more engaging to have wildly different political viewpoints anyway. I like to listen to what the other side says no matter how bad I think it is. If you have strong opinions then its good practice to exercise your opinions against those opposing views. The more similar the viewpoints on a politics forum the more boring IMO.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Again if he's breaking the rules report it. Otherwise it just looks like you just want to forcefully silence opposing views. Everyone has a right to their opinion and opposing viewpoints are a part of the game. I think its more engaging to have wildly different political viewpoints anyway. I like to listen to what the other side says no matter how bad I think it is. If you have strong opinions then its good practice to exercise your opinions against those opposing views. The more similar the viewpoints on a politics forum the more boring IMO.
Who said he's breaking the rules? Saying one thinks someone else's views are vile is just voicing one's own viewpoint and the opinion one has a right to and that you purport to support. It's one opposing viewpoint to another.

In the exchange

"I have opinion A, I think opinion B is bad."
"Well I have opinion B, I think opinion A is bad."

How is the second guy forcefully silencing the first guy? They're both just giving their different opinions and reactions to each other's views. That's the Sarah Palin school of thought: "I can say what I want, no matter how uninformed or offensive, and if you criticize me or my opinion you're just trying to silence dissent and revoke my right to an opinion." Everyone has a right to an opinion, everyone also has an equal right to disagree with that opinion and say so.

Last edited by QUENTIN; 10-06-2012 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
Who said he's breaking the rules? Saying one thinks someone else's views are vile is just voicing one's own viewpoint and the opinion one has a right to and that you purport to support. It's one opposing viewpoint to another.
Yup. It's the old "You're being intolerant of my intolerance, therefore you are the one who is truly intolerant" argument.

There are some opinions that deserve to be shamed and scorned into nonexistence.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Yup. It's the old "You're being intolerant of my intolerance, therefore you are the one who is truly intolerant" argument.
A pedophile would love to have you as their defense lawyer.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:

In the exchange

How is the second guy forcefully silencing the first guy? They're both just giving their different opinions and reactions to each other's views. That's the Sarah Palin school of thought: "I can say what I want, no matter how uninformed or offensive, and if you criticize me or my opinion you're just trying to silence dissent and revoke my right to an opinion." Everyone has a right to an opinion, everyone also has an equal right to disagree with that opinion and say so.
I'm said it looks like I'm not saying it is. Oh well whatever. I haven't read much of anybody's political viewpoints on here so I wouldn't really know who stands on what issues and what they've said exactly.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Nope its not.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
I know, right? Ha!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
A pedophile would love to have you as their defense lawyer.
What is this I don't even...

Quote:
Nope its not.
We would not tolerate anyone who is a blatant racist on this board.

We would not tolerate anyone who is a blatant, anti-woman misogynist on this board.

We should not tolerate anyone who is blatantly anti-gay on this board.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Old 10-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:

We would not tolerate anyone who is a blatant, anti-woman misogynist on this board.

Of course, intolerance with race, etc. is an issue. They're always issues. And they will always be issues. And I submit that they are issues with a lot of people who may not even think it's issues with them (including you, me, and most everybody else in the world). But they're only a few of MANY issues and what I don't like is that they're being throw around as a way to silence debate on the other important issues that also exist.

Last edited by creekin111; 10-06-2012 at 08:01 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Sometimes you just have to wait for the political discourse to pass forward. Not that I think the two are the least bit related, but sometimes it amazes me that people used to think Fascism (or slavery, or Maoism) was a legitimate position to hold (and would debate it's merits vigorously). One of the few things that gives me hope in the future of humanity is that some ideas are so whacky that in time they manage to completely discredit themselves through sheer lunacy.

Quote:
Careful Squid. Here, you can call black people lazy, suggest homosexuality is analogous to bestiality, and promote the murder of thousands of innocent children, but you can't call objective ignorance "ignorant" because it's mistaken for meaning the same thing as "stupid." I suggest "grossly misinformed" to describe Erroneous's ugly, hateful nonsense.
I don't really think it's a question of information but rather the conceptual apparatus information is being filtered through. I have no doubt that if we started feeding vast amounts of true information into his views he would appropriately reorganize his thoughts and accordingly reconstruct a proper political algorithm to spit out a more intellectualized version of current positions (see: Carl Schmitt).

Last edited by Gordon; 10-06-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 09:30 PM
It's nice to know that I'M not the only one who feels that way about Mr. Erroneous. I'm quite surprised he's lasted this long here, honestly. I think he's very good at towing the line just enough to not be banned. For that, I'll give him credit. But nothing more.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
So, send him to university and he might become less-"nonsensical"? Ok, who wants to put the money forward?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 PM
My two cents and some moths in my wallet - I'm ganging up and giving another quiet Goodfellas nod erroneous' way. It's not your problem if I get annoyed reading some of your posts anymore than it is my problem if you get annoyed reading some or all of mine, but I want to add myself to this coming out party since it's already happening (and that's not even getting into how much erroneous seems to be 'that guy' who showed up a year or so ago and repeatedly returned to the forums over and over no matter how many times he got banned). Flocci non facio. I do like the activity on the politics board. I do. I guess the honchos were cautious and I understand worrying schmoes might not be able to separate their grudges made in political topics that are close to their hearts or ideologies with the rest of the movie forum, cutting up beefs in a new and bad way, but I don't really think that's a problem. Everybody except me seems mature enough to let these off-topic forums be their own thing, so they can get together on the main movie forums and talk movies without bringing that cargo along for the ride. And for my lot, I'm good at avoiding the off-movie forums when they're being frequented by schmoes I don't get along with.

...I almost became the keynote speaker for a second there.

What's this thread about? Pot licking?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Obama lied too. What does that tell you?
well , isn't that a convenient answer .... honestly , i'm pretty sure Obama smudged the truth here and there ( all politicians do ) but it's not like the fact-checkers had enough material to draft a top 10 like they did with Romney.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...-lies-debunked

the biggest flaw of the american election system is :

and correct me but wasn't Obama the 1st american president to actually confirm the existence of a KILL list .... a long suspected practice that was never acknowledged before ( other country do it too ... Canada never admitted it because there is like only 1 person on that list but Israel , Russia and France are all prime suspect in the practice)

Last edited by Dirtyfrog; 10-07-2012 at 02:23 AM..
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:

In the exchange

Thankyou for coming into this thread and stating the fact

I feel as though one can not have a opinion and if one does every member rips into you saying you can not say this or that
But then it depends on what the subhject is about but to do waht these guys are doing is wrong

i see it here that l see that they dont like the way Erroneous comes across whenhe is talking about politics or other issues

Sometimes when we post we might anger some on what we have to say but we dont have to go to the exstent of what is happening here

You see when we change things when people are used to the old ways you will see reaction

I know some member do not like the changes in on the political board and that is not wanting new members in there posting

I feel that wne l was in there l was judged because l was mixing American issues with Australian politics
But that is another issue

I have seen some of Erroneous's posts and all he is doing is bring new topics to this area

In anything sometimes we might agree with someone and then at another time we might disagree

But passing judgement on Erroneous is plain silly and that is why l am sticking up for him because what l see here is plian bullying because some members do not like what has been put down

I just which that everyone will stop this and just get along with each other

We are adults not children okay
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
So, send him to university and he might become less-"nonsensical"? Ok, who wants to put the money forward?
All l can say to you is just to stop your bullying Vong
Erroneous is a good person and please get to know him before you judge like this
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
It's nice to know that I'M not the only one who feels that way about Mr. Erroneous. I'm quite surprised he's lasted this long here, honestly. I think he's very good at towing the line just enough to not be banned. For that, I'll give him credit. But nothing more.
Well some comments here which were posted was just jokes but they have got out of hand

Well l see a diffrent person in Erroneous he is a good man

I wish some of you knew more about him and what ahappened when he was in the American marines fighting all those men in the Middle east

I want to tell you those buggers shot him twice and if you really knew how our soldiers not only have to cope being shot but having to cope when they return from war

He has had it hard fighting and then coping on hisreturn home

I know l shouldnt be telling you this and Erroneous will be not happy with me saying this

But bloody leave the man alone and l bet all of you have not risked your lifes not knowing if you will come home alive from the Middleeastern war that is still going on

Just think before you judge Okay

Also if Erroneous's topics are bad l can say he is starting this that looks good

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147011

So please just be grownup and post in things in the political area

Since there will be a election between Obama and Romley in November you better start posting in your thoughts on diffeent things

When the election begins in November l will also be posting in the political area and l dont care if l am not American l would just like to have my opinion on waht happens

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-07-2012 at 07:49 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:

Geez you are going over board with your coments

How would you feel if this was aimed at you

Like l said if only you knew waht Erroneous has done for all you American people

geez it is really sad to see all this springing up
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
I think everyone got the memo by now so I think this thread should be moved to the politics board.
Did you even read the orginal post? no you did not.

Quote:
Maybe it is you and your thinking that is wrong. Sad you never considered that. I am not going to yield to the mindless liberal masses.

Quote:
Well if he's breaking any rules then report it to the mods/admins. Other than that he has a right to his opinion. If his opinion bothers you so much then perhaps you should do yourself a favor and not go to the politics board? Just a helpful suggestion.
Squid has been warned several times (once because of me) I reported him again. To joblo since Quentin does not know his job

Quote:
Agreed.
Right back at you buddy.

Quote:
LOL hateful? I love it. I love how you think of me so much. I barely know who you are.

Quote:
It is sad that anyone who is not liberal or makes sense is hateful and not popular here. Lucky for me, I do not care what these people here think of me. I just smile in my happy life, because I am not a liberal.

Quote:
I know, right? Ha!
LOL I would rather be me than you.

Quote:
Look who's talking. Maybe it is because I dont just go and attack people. You dont see me going after any of you. I dont think you all could handle it. I just love all the political stuff I post and none of you can manage to defend Obama or what is being said. I win.

Quote:
LOL Reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
My two cents and some moths in my wallet - I'm ganging up and giving another quiet Goodfellas nod erroneous' way. It's not your problem if I get annoyed reading some of your posts anymore than it is my problem if you get annoyed reading some or all of mine, but I want to add myself to this coming out party since it's already happening (and that's not even getting into how much erroneous seems to be 'that guy' who showed up a year or so ago and repeatedly returned to the forums over and over no matter how many times he got banned). Flocci non facio. I do like the activity on the politics board. I do. I guess the honchos were cautious and I understand worrying schmoes might not be able to separate their grudges made in political topics that are close to their hearts or ideologies with the rest of the movie forum, cutting up beefs in a new and bad way, but I don't really think that's a problem. Everybody except me seems mature enough to let these off-topic forums be their own thing, so they can get together on the main movie forums and talk movies without bringing that cargo along for the ride. And for my lot, I'm good at avoiding the off-movie forums when they're being frequented by schmoes I don't get along with.

...I almost became the keynote speaker for a second there.

What's this thread about? Pot licking?
I have been here for like 2 plus years. I won the nfl confidence pool two years in a row. I have never joined this site before. Sorry, but it is the truth. I do love how people can't stop thinking about me. Thank you all.

You are 100% right about what you said about separate things. Many people here act like a bunch of children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
well , isn't that a convenient answer .... honestly , i'm pretty sure Obama smudged the truth here and there ( all politicians do ) but it's not like the fact-checkers had enough material to draft a top 10 like they did with Romney.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...-lies-debunked

the biggest flaw of the american election system is :

and correct me but wasn't Obama the 1st american president to actually confirm the existence of a KILL list .... a long suspected practice that was never acknowledged before ( other country do it too ... Canada never admitted it because there is like only 1 person on that list but Israel , Russia and France are all prime suspect in the practice)
Are you fucking serious? Time magazine devoted the cover to covering the lies of both sides of the debate. Why is it when Obama lies it is stretching the truth. When Mitt does it, it is lying?

SO rather than run your his shitty record, let's just say Mitt and the republicans are lying. You know what Obama lied. He promise change and he is exactly the same as every other political person. He also said he would not run again if he did not fix everything. Sorry, that they are lying shit is not going to win over any swing voters. Let me sum up the VO debate for you Ryan lied and Biden the fucking idiot...... he did not fuck up that much.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
LOL I would rather be me than you.
Ok.

Quote:
Look who's talking. Maybe it is because I dont just go and attack people. You dont see me going after any of you. I dont think you all could handle it. I just love all the political stuff I post and none of you can manage to defend Obama or what is being said. I win.
Feel better now?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
All l can say to you is just to stop your bullying Vong
Erroneous is a good person and please get to know him before you judge like this
Thank you Bond girl. I think we all know what some of these people are.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Ok.

Feel better now?
I always feel good. Great even. I do not need to attempt to put down others to feel better about myself. I do love how you make an effort to follow my every post. Hope it is a learning experience.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Sometimes you just have to wait for the political discourse to pass forward. Not that I think the two are the least bit related, but sometimes it amazes me that people used to think Fascism (or slavery, or Maoism) was a legitimate position to hold (and would debate it's merits vigorously). One of the few things that gives me hope in the future of humanity is that some ideas are so whacky that in time they manage to completely discredit themselves through sheer lunacy.

I don't really think it's a question of information but rather the conceptual apparatus information is being filtered through. I have no doubt that if we started feeding vast amounts of true information into his views he would appropriately reorganize his thoughts and accordingly reconstruct a proper political algorithm to spit out a more intellectualized version of current positions (see: Carl Schmitt).
LOL This is a good joke. Thank you.
Hand up not hand out there, buddy. I think it is time for you to learn that
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:

There are some opinions that deserve to be shamed and scorned into nonexistence.
lol funny, i feel the some way. it is really sad you have to post stuff like this.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Again if he's breaking the rules report it. Otherwise it just looks like you just want to forcefully silence opposing views. .
What looks to be happening here is Quentin (the mod)does not want me to report anyone and go on the attack. I am guessing that is how they get rid of people they don't like. Sadly, it won't work. Soon people will see the truth for what it is and take proper action. Several people need to be warned and Quentin's status removed.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Quote:
I always feel good. Great even. I do not need to attempt to put down others to feel better about myself. I do love how you make an effort to follow my every post. Hope it is a learning experience.
LoL sure. We'll go with that. I just can't help myself.
Closed Thread