Old 09-27-2012, 01:04 AM
For the few that have seen..THE HUNT (2012)

The Hunt has been playing at festivals since Cannes where it picked up the Best Actor award and it's getting great reviews so far.

I missed it at TIFF, but I know some schmoes have seen it. There is a festival coming to my city which will have The Hunt playing but, it will only have french subtitles and my french isn't so good. Usually I can't watch foreign films with French titles, but I badly want to see this so I'm thinking about going IF and only IF ..

The Hunt doesn't feature a lot of dialogue and/or complicated dialogue.

Those who have seen it already, help me out please and tell me if it's worth going to watch it, seeing as there's a good chance I won't understand what's being said 30% of the time.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Its a great film but it is quite talky if you are considering watching it without subtitles, and although I think a lot of the images speak for themselves, I would say it is a much better experience if you understand everything
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Access to joblo at work! Better use this while I have it..

Thanks for replying Hucksta, I'll have to skip it then and hope to see it soon with English subtitles.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah it's very talky, I'd skip it.

And in all honesty it hasn't been aging too well for me.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Haven't seen this but I need to asap.

Mads is the shit.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I'll be out front and say I have a man crush on Mads, the man can do no wrong (atleast in his native tongue), so I could be a little biast.

The film was extremely powerful for me. There is heaps of dialogue so you do want to be able to understand it, but as Hucksta said the visuals do speak for themselves. Having said that, festival audiences are usually something special so for those of you who can see this in that atmosphere I highly recommend doing so. Obviously Mads nailed his performance in this one - but the entire cast do a really great job all-round, and I really got sucked into their world.

It's a fantastic film, so much so I already see it in my top 5 for 2012. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.