Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Do You Know Someone Who Has Trouble Reading And Writing

Before you answer

Yes you know me as one who is not very good with her spelling

i feel as thought people look so down on people like me even though we try our best to get by

I feel sad that people have very deep opinion of this
I feel as though there are people worsr of than me at least you can see that it is only some words l might not say proberly like the one l have just made now

I have known people like three of my workmates who couldnt spell or speak english but through education they were able to learn english and get there degree even though it was hard

Anyway today it made me realize that people not only me have this problem

I know also of a woman who's parents prefered to drink there money away than send there child to school that woman still cant spell basic words

But she was able to hide her problem and went on to be able to work in certain jobs that didnt need reading and writing skills

Also she got her drivers liences not sure how she did it because you have to read a book before you go for your learners

She did have people who spelt out the words or showed her what she was doing wrong but she got by

Anyway l feel as though life isnt fair and l feel one should not be judged on your english speaking or writinf skills

Look at the person underneath before you judge

it is hard getting by even though you have your downers
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 PM
whoops...

Last edited by God of War; 10-04-2012 at 11:40 PM..
Old 10-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Yes you know me as one who is not very good with her spelling. i feel as thought people look so down on people like me even though we try our best to get by
Nobody is perfect, Bondgirl. Nobody. We all have our short comings. Your consistent grammatical errors on this message board neither bothers me, or offends me in the least. Although, in the past, I have seen some people here make fun of you for that very reason. I think they should take a look at themselves, and maybe then they'll understand that it's not only wrong, but also unfair to put others in the minority over such things as not being able to spell, read, or write properly. Not everyone is fortunate to receive proper schooling, or education. I was very lucky. I can read, write, understand, and troll very well, thank you.

PS - BG, I once suggested that you use the spelling check option. It will help you. It's also handy for big words that can be easily miss spelt. Please try it.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
PS - BG, I once suggested that you use the spelling check option. It will help you. It's also handy for big words that can be easily miss spelt. Please try it.
Misspelled
Old 10-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Misspelled
Who's Miss Spelt?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 AM
misspelt
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Umm l was going to write something and deleted it by mistake

I should have used the copy and paste button

Oh yes sometimes when l am on the board l will see a few misspelt words in members posts but l would go saying anything

Ah isnt MISSPELT spelt like that

I did have a long post and l am disappointed that it didnt post proberly

Well you say about Spell Check

Where is it because l can never find the bloody thing
Old 10-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Who's Miss Spelt?
Kinda what I was wonderin!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 AM
well .... the parade and the fanfare and the glitters around me tell me i should answer seriously.

Well i know someone who can't write and read .... limitation got him the "mr. fix-it" job at my old job .... he doesn't read the paper but he knows how to fix shit up : plumbing leaking , ringbell not ringing or shovelling when it snows. Basically , any paper he has to sign is just gibberish.

The guy makes the best of what he got .... we tried to make him go to school to learn ( my old job actually was willing to pay for it ) but nothing sticked.

It is managable but it's just like playing easy mode on a computer game when everyone plays normal ( well , at least ). People will make fun of you.

Personally , i don't feel good by surfing the wave ..... i want to ride the biggest wave ever . Brody would be proud !
Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Ah yes maybe l should change my username to

MISS SPELT

Then members can be wary of me if they see me posting on this forum

Geez l was so angry before and l seem to have mellowed down abit
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
well .... the parade and the fanfare and the glitters around me tell me i should answer seriously.

Well i know someone who can't write and read .... limitation got him the "mr. fix-it" job at my old job .... he doesn't read the paper but he knows how to fix shit up : plumbing leaking , ringbell not ringing or shovelling when it snows. Basically , any paper he has to sign is just gibbering.

The guy makes the best of what he got .... we tried to make him go to school to learn ( my old job actually was willing to pay for it ) but nothing sticked.

It is managable but it's just like playing easy mode on a computer game when everyone plays normal ( well , at least ).

Personally , i don't feel good by surfing the wave ..... i want to ride the biggest wave ever . Brody would be proud !
Yes that is the right tihng to do or l will bite your head off Dirtyfrog if you are not careful
Old 10-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post

Well i know someone who can't write and read .... limitation got him the "mr. fix-it" job at my old job .... he doesn't read the paper but he knows how to fix shit up : plumbing leaking , ringbell not ringing or shovelling when it snows. Basically , any paper he has to sign is just gibberish.

It is managable but it's just like playing easy mode on a computer game when everyone plays normal ( well , at least ). People will make fun of you.

Well it is true a person who can not read and write can do other things to get themselves by

i feel for this man because like my mum she was limited to grade six edution because her perants wanted to drink than get there kids educated

One time my mum went into the bank and she was made fun of by the bank teller and it is not a nice sight to see someone poking fun of a person

My mum was lucky she had my brother and l with her at the time and we told that woman off fro this behaviour

i think my spelling problems date back to when l left school in yr 10

I was bullied and couldnt study because of this

Before that l was so good at english and other areas of my education

I feel as though l should have been stronger than to have let everything go
Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Yes that is the right tihng to do or l will bite your head off Dirtyfrog if you are not careful
you are welcome to do it ... but be careful coz i wouldn't want you to ERR in your way
Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Well at least l f had a good reply from both God Of War and Dirtyfrog

has anyone else come across a person who has problems in this area

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-05-2012 at 01:27 AM..
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi Bondgirl,

I think you are being too hard on yourself. Maybe you have a problem with spelling, but what I see here on the forum seems to come down to typos for the most part. Myself I can't make one post without having to edit for typos, even if I proofread first. I miss one or two. Always.

Look at your posts above. Sometimes you will spell a word correctly, but then next paragraph you misspell the same word. You know you know how to spell it, you just goofed. Sometimes people typo with completely wrong letters, and other times they have the letters correctly, but in the wrong order. This is not uncommon at all and not only that, we don't always notice these when we proofread. It has been proven that if the first and last letter are correct, the majority of people can read the word correctly even if the middle letters are jumbled, so long as the middle letters are the correct letters, just out of order. We don't often even realize they are jumbled. So it is not always easy to even notice when we do these things.

I think the words a lot of people everywhere have the biggest problem, not with spelling but with how and when to correctly use them, are:

there
they're
their

its
it's

to
too

Those words are commonly used incorrectly, and there are simple tricks to use to remember when to use what. Easy fix! Even if you have to keep a little sticky on your computer to remind you, that's not a problem.

If you do have a real problem with spelling itself, it is not that big of a deal. You are only handicapped if you see yourself that way.

Oh, and there's always going to be "spelling and grammar police" on any forum. Ignore them. Petty, small minded people trying to make themselves feel superior.

Last edited by Glinda; 10-05-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Hi Bondgirl,

I think you are being too hard on yourself. Maybe you have a problem with spelling, but what I see here on the forum seems to come down to typos for the most part.

Well if not my typos it is my choice of words I mess up. What I meant to say above was "what I see in your posts on the forum." Sorry, wanted to clarify and it is too late to edit my post.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Hi Bondgirl,

I think you are being too hard on yourself. Maybe you have a problem with spelling, but what I see here on the forum seems to come down to typos for the most part. Myself I can't make one post without having to edit for typos, even if I proofread first. I miss one or two. Always.

Look at your posts above. Sometimes you will spell a word correctly, but then next paragraph you misspell the same word. You know you know how to spell it, you just goofed. Sometimes people typo with completely wrong letters, and other times they have the letters correctly, but in the wrong order. This is not uncommon at all and not only that, we don't always notice these when we proofread. It has been proven that if the first and last letter are correct, the majority of people can read the word correctly even if the middle letters are jumbled, so long as the middle letters are the correct letters, just out of order. We don't often even realize they are jumbled. So it is not always easy to even notice when we do these things.

I think the words a lot of people everywhere have the biggest problem, not with spelling but with how and when to correctly use them, are:

there
they're
their

its
it's

to
too

Those words are commonly used incorrectly, and there are simple tricks to use to remember when to use what. Easy fix! Even if you have to keep a little sticky on your computer to remind you, that's not a problem.

If you do have a real problem with spelling itself, it is not that big of a deal. You are only handicapped if you see yourself that way.

Oh, and there's always going to be "spelling and grammar police" on any forum. Ignore them. Petty, small minded people trying to make themselves feel superior.
Well you are right about what you are saying about me and my spelling mistakes
I do find that l will type away and next thing when the sentance is quoted l see that l have missed out on some letters
Which some of those words l can spell but l need to proof read abit more or go over what l have just wriiten

I think with your post you are showing me tha common mistakes plus like you said l will get the word write and then in mid sentance l get it wrong

But there is another thing l want to say

I started a topic in the politics area and l felt proud of it
I konw the person was adicing me but the subject was about education and skills if you have a look you will see what l wrote

I feel as if there is double stanards where just because l spell things wrong that l should not talk about the subject

I wanted to say what Australia does for there unemployed and it is not only for say teaching a person english or spelling but looking at if that person is unemployed they can up there education to a level where they can train for diffrent professions

Since God of War is Australian he would know more about this systyem

Where if you are unemployed you have to look for work or educate yourself with the funds from the Australin goverment

Since l am Australian l have seen first hand in what they do in this area plus l wanted to know if America has this type of thing

Since in America at this time there is very high unemployment

Since Mitt Romley was stating he wanted to get the jobless into jobs why he would have studied some of those options to get people back into paid jobs

That is why l said there is a double standard and that is why l was not happy about being told l should not talk about education or skills

it is not haviing a go at Americans but just say about what we did in Australia
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
i tell you what l wish you could write about this subject instead of just putting up a image

Sometimes doing this is just plain silly and does not help at all
Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Well if not my typos it is my choice of words I mess up. What I meant to say above was "what I see in your posts on the forum." Sorry, wanted to clarify and it is too late to edit my post.
Well you are right you will ahve some members here making typos or spelling mistakes and they are not grilled about it

At least l have the courage to show what l can not do at times

Like l said there are people worse that me where they are spelling basic words wrong like CAT OR DOG

At least have of the time you can read my post if you look carefully
Old 10-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Misc. NON-MOVIE TALK forum > Do You Know Someone Who Has Trouble Reading And Writing

lol I really liked your post.

http://www.thoroughclean.ca/
Old 10-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Old 10-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughclean View Post
lol I really liked your post.

http://www.thoroughclean.ca/
Spoiler: