Old 10-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Gamera remake: Go or no go.

I have dreams of being a filmmaker, and I was thinking, with Godzilla getting a reboot, I would also like to see a Gamera reboot. For those who don't know, Gamera was a giant flying turtle from the Japanese monster movie franchise of the same name. It was designed to compete with Godzilla. And not many people know of him these days. So I think a reboot would re-introduce the character to the American audience.

So, here are my ideas for the film:

1. Universal Pictures should do this film, and it should be directed by Christopher Nolan and Executive produced by Stephen Spielberg, because these are 2 of my favorite filmmakers.

2. As the Gamera franchise went on, Gamera became a protector of children and a hero. Don't go that route. No one will take him seriously then. Bring him back to his original days when he was a savage beast that rampages through cities with no regard for human life.

3. Have Gamera attack an American city, like New York (that's what I wanted for the upcoming Godzilla reboot, as well).

4. Make Gamera look terrifying and realistic, like THIS:
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...ino_master.jpg
Or this:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ijuSamurai.jpg

5. Have the film be FILMED IN 3D instead of post-converted. Gamera should also be CGI, obviously. And have it be in Real D 3D and IMAX 3D.

And that's it. Would you want to see the character back on the big screen?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:49 AM
What do you think guys? Please comment.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Im not to familiar with Gamera, but if its directed by Christopher Nolan, Ill watch it.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viazon View Post
Im not to familiar with Gamera, but if its directed by Christopher Nolan, Ill watch it.
I suppose it could work. But I just explained what Gamera was. He's a flying turtle that rampages through cities. He was created by Japanese film company Daei. This is why I want to reboot him, because nobody has heard of him.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Do you want to see a Gamera reboot?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 PM
What do you think of the idea?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Well as I said, Im not familiar with the original. But any idea, with a good director and writer behind it has the potential to be a great film.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viazon View Post
Well as I said, Im not familiar with the original. But any idea, with a good director and writer behind it has the potential to be a great film.
Well, I agree. I was thinking someone who is good with disaster movies to take on Gamera.