Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
Agent Phil Coulson returning. Love it or Hate it?

Many feel that his death was an important factor in the forming of the Avengers and they think his return for the S.H.I.E.L.D TV series would undermine that. I personally can't wait to see his return. What do you guys think?

http://popculturegalaxy.com/podcast/...ovie-round-up/
Old 10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Lots of people have not seen The Avengers yet, probably should post this a little more spoiler friendly.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Do you like the return of Agent Coulson?

Your choices:
  • YES!
  • I'll lie and say no, I really am glad.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, this is one of the biggest problems in general with comics: people can't stay dead, which renders any meaning or drama surrounding their death pointless.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I have no problem with this as long as they keep him on the show only
Old 10-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Apparently, Agent Phil Coulson isn’t exactly dead. Or, perhaps the TV show Shield takes place before the events of Avengers (perhaps it does at the start?).
Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I thought he was horribly-written in The Avengers. I don't think he can carry a show on his own.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Well,
Spoiler:
We never SEE him dead, and he probably agreed with Fury that there had to be a reason for the team to work together.
What happens on screen? He passes out. Fury shows up with medics and says he's dead.
Then, to further expound on Fury's manipulative nature, he fabricates the bloody cards for dramatic effect. Fury is known to be a liar and dishonest to get things done.

I also think Joss would keep the "reveal" under wraps.
Moreover, as stated above-post, it doesn't necessarily take place during the movie's point in time.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I liked his role. He is dead.