Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Good news ladies. Danny Devito is back on the market!

Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman split after 30 years of marriage

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/relations...161948880.html

But seriously thats too bad. They made a great couple.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I was listening to the radio on my way home from work and the guy started out by saying, "In some sad Hollywood news, Danny DeVito..." and at that point I was thinking, "Oh shit, he died." But then he continued on saying they were getting divorced.

This one is actually surprising, for once. Even the long, stable Hollywood marriages can go bad and those are always sad to see.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Makes me think of this
http://youtu.be/M-vkYuTpy2I

On a serious note though this is really shocking..I was pretty sure they would last...30 years is a long ass time to just call it quits
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Geez that is so sad to here that they have split up after 30yrs

it is a shame that they couldnt figure out something to save there marriage it is sad to let something like this go after such a long time together

Did they have children
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
They have a few children, 2 or 3, and I think the youngest is around 24 or 25.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I generally could not give 2 shits about couples breaking up... but DeVito is one of my all time favorites (We even share the same Birthday) and this news makes me sad! They always seem like a great couple, and with a lot of couples, once you have been married that long, staying together becomes more a thing of convenience over anything else.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard_of_Meat View Post
Makes me think of this
http://youtu.be/M-vkYuTpy2I
lol
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Last time I checked, they're not divorced. They just separated.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Thats really shitty news
Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM
No doubt years in the making by now.

Raising kids can go a long way towards forcing you to stay together and make it work on the outside and at least you have a joint effort going in raising them. Now the kids grown and gone, and you look at each other and realize without the kids in the house there's really nothing left of the two of you. You somehow became only "mom and dad" instead of husband and wife.

Not as uncommon as one would think. I've known 2 couples personally who have divorced after 25-30 years.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb3pYPneqMY
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM
This is the funniest title ever...
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Surprising news.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Apparently Rob Lowe was guest hosting a morning show yesterday and an animal handler was on the program with a penguin. Rob joked that he guessed that "not all penguins mate for life." ( I didn't see it, just saw the news report)

cornball.

Last edited by Glinda; 10-10-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
No doubt years in the making by now.

Raising kids can go a long way towards forcing you to stay together and make it work on the outside and at least you have a joint effort going in raising them. Now the kids grown and gone, and you look at each other and realize without the kids in the house there's really nothing left of the two of you. You somehow became only "mom and dad" instead of husband and wife.

Not as uncommon as one would think. I've known 2 couples personally who have divorced after 25-30 years.
Well l have to agree that alot of parents take this option of staying together as a couple while the children are young

But l wonder really if this works if the couple can not stand each other

I wouldnt bet that Danny and his wife had maybe a third party to this

Sometimes men get to a certain age like say in there 50's and 60's where they want to find fresh meat and that is mainly young women

But what they dont realize is a young woman will not stay for ever

Another thing is if a young woman is involved she is only staying with him because he is quite well off other wise a young woman would give a much older man the flick

I just think that it is a shame to split after 30yrs of marriage plus think of all the money they will lose through devoice
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Recent gossip is saying that Danny had a roving eye (and possibly other moving parts) for the ladies and Rhea put up with it for the last ten years or so but finally had enough and gave him an ultimatum.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Well if that is the case l feel sorry for his wife

She shouldnt have put up with it if this is true and shouldnt have wasted 30yrs on this bloke while he went around playing up to diffrent women

he is not much to look at and being short as he is he would ahve only attracted the disparate women who would ahve just liked him for his money

Wha tis wrong with men or oler men

Why do they lose everything just to lose everything
Old 10-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well l have to agree that alot of parents take this option of staying together as a couple while the children are young

But l wonder really if this works if the couple can not stand each other

I wouldnt bet that Danny and his wife had maybe a third party to this

Sometimes men get to a certain age like say in there 50's and 60's where they want to find fresh meat and that is mainly young women

But what they dont realize is a young woman will not stay for ever

Another thing is if a young woman is involved she is only staying with him because he is quite well off other wise a young woman would give a much older man the flick

I just think that it is a shame to split after 30yrs of marriage plus think of all the money they will lose through devoice
Well what can happen is you are living together but not living together, kwim? This can go on for many years, and I know of people living like this now. Just blah. That could go on forever!

UNTIL - a third party does enter the picture. Until that happens, most likely the marriage will just keep on truckin.'

I can say that for the majority of older men I know who are divorced (I've been married 28 years myself), they don't necessarily go for fresh young meat. They go for someone who adores them. Someone who gives them attention and finds them interesting. Something they may not be getting from their wife (this goes both ways of course).

Celebrities, yeah, you may see it more often as the older guys have younger women clamoring over them. But realistically with non celebs, in my experience age doesn't have to be a factor in the 3rd party thing.

Last edited by Glinda; 10-11-2012 at 01:20 AM..
Old 10-11-2012, 01:41 AM

Last edited by Glinda; 10-11-2012 at 01:56 AM..
Old 10-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edonline View Post
Recent gossip is saying that Danny had a roving eye (and possibly other moving parts) for the ladies and Rhea put up with it for the last ten years or so but finally had enough and gave him an ultimatum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfI-wozg2a0
Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I watched an episode of Amazing Stories on Netflix IW, I think it was the pilot episode. It was directed by DeVito and starring him and Rhea. It was really fun watching them act together. They seemed to be having a lot of fun and the chemistry was great. It's really too bad they never got to do that remake of Eyes Wide Shut.